Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Best Individual Performance from a Charlton Player

edited March 2010 in General Charlton
There is a thread on the worst individual performance so thought there should be one on the best.

Obvious ones include:

Clive Mendonca v Sunderland play off final
Lisbie v Liverpool 2003/2004

and:

Dean Kiely v Brum 2003/2004 at St Andrews
Shaun Bartletts debut v United

Comments

• edited March 2010
    The anticipation of anything Simonsen could have done. Melrose's hatrick against Everton in the 80s. Mendoncas performance at wembley hard to beat tho admittedly
  • Well, one of us old codgers has got to say it : Johnny Summers v. Huddersfield Town 21.12.57. The old man left the game early and left me to it as he wanted to get to the dog track in good time. I remember he was rather grumpy the next day.
  • Scott Parker and Di Canio were pretty special against Chelsea on Boxing Day 2003/2004
  • Morts at Millwall in the snow is a fave but has to be Mendonca at Wembley

Still gives me goosebumps when scores his third
  • paul mortimer .... too many games to name but quality that i doubt we're ever likely to see in a charlton shirt again(in my lifetime)
  • edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Morts at Millwall in the snow is a fave but has to be Mendonca at Wembley

Still gives me goosebumps when scores his third

go with that also remember that melrose hat trick ah memories .

not forgetting simonsen against chelsea.
  • simonsen against chelsea for me.just to much better than everyone else on that pitch.
  • new years day 1988 old trafford 0-0 bob bolder B-L-O-K-E
  • [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]simonsen against chelsea for me.just to much better than everyone else on that pitch.
    was that the 5-2? If so it's my first memory I think

Melrose vs everton was a great day
    Mendonca playoff probably clinches it though
  • NO CONTEST

Mendonca all day long

very close 2nd

Magic man in the snow
  • Sponsored links:

• forgot

Mortimer at goodison midweek as well we lost but he was fucking amazing.
  • Costa at Leeds in 2002. Pretty much got the clean sheet from his own efforts.

Bolder at Man Utd News Years Day 88. Everything they threw at him Bob dealt with it.
  • edited March 2010
    Mendonca at Wembley
    Jorge Costa at Elland Road
    Kinsella against Norwich at home - 4-4 draw down to 10 men.
    Melrose hat-trick against Citeh at Selhurst
    Thommo had a couple of absolute blinders as well - though my memory fails me and can't remember who against!
  • Taking into account ability, Leaburn away at Ipswich trumps all of the above.

There was not a hope in hell he could ever pull something like off in a million years but he did.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Taking into account ability, Leaburn away at Ipswich trumps all of the above.

There was not a hope in hell he could ever pull something like off in a million years but he did.

On that basis i'll trump you with a kevin lisbie hatrick v the mighty liverpool ..... ridiculous!
  • Peter Shirtliff against Leeds at Birmingham. He was awesome.
  • [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]simonsen against chelsea for me.just to much better than everyone else on that pitch.
    was that the 5-2? If so it's my first memory I think

that's the one,it was like something out of billy's boots.completely mesmerizing.

mendonca's performance was very good but he had a tremendous supporting cast,simonsen was on his own out there.
  • Luke Varney against Palarse
  • Parker at home vs.west ham 4-2, scored a peach of a goal and went through bowyer a couple of times.

Stevie brown every time he pulled on the red shirt
  • Mooney, Spring and Llera v Millwall, play-off final, May 2010
  • Sponsored links:

• Parker at Southampton away when he scored that peach of a goal.

Nothing come close to Mendonca though
  • Mike Flanagan v Spurs 4-1, hat trick in 11 minutes.

Paul Walsh in 5-0 v Brentford and against Sheffield Wednesday 3-0.

Nicky Johns in a 1-1 draw v Chelsea.
  • I'd add to all the above Stevie Brown's performance at home to Man U where Dwight York got a lucky last minute equaliser. He was awesome that day.
  • also worth mentioning in despatches;
    lee bowyer against wimbledon at selhurst. 5-4 ,league cup mid 90's.
  • Sasa Ilic at Ipswich away
  • Mendonca. The only one that comes to mind without even thinking about it.
  • Omar Pouso's 57 mins vs Portsmouth - September 06
  • It's predictable but surely Sir Clive's at Wembley will take some beating.

Good shout on Kiely away at Birmingham, Di Canio in the Chelsea 4-2, Bowyer against Wimbledon, Jensen away at Arsenal in the 4-2 win, Parker away at Southampton when we lost 3-2.
  • Mendonca obviously
    However random thoughts
    Keith Peacock away at QPR 1-1 league cup
    Sasa Ilic away at Brum 0-0
    Steve Mackenzie away at Highbury 2-2
    Colin Powell away at Wrexham one boxing day 3-0 win
    ..Steve Brown and Mark Kinsella too often to mention....
    and
    RICHARD RUFUS
  • Sir Clive of Wemberleeeee!