Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Mark Stimson wants more from Chris Dickson

2»

Comments

• Dickson sounds like one of those blokes who everyone likes cause he clowns around but ultimately that is the very reason he will not make it in professional football. No idea how much money he made out of us but assuming it is not enough to retire on he really needs to hope a League 2 club come in for him in the summer and then put in some hard graft to ever make it as a pro.
  • So it's Dickson and Fleetwood up front for the playoff's then...................................grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat!!
  • edited May 2010
    8 goals from our forwards (out of just 19 in total) in our last 19 games would suggest that it's not our forwards that have got us into the Play Offs. Millwall in the same period have scored exactly double that with 38.

Three one nil ( O.G.'s) will do just fine anyway.
  • No they haven't but it's been a team effort and is working fairly well. Being able to keep clean sheets means we always have a chance.

If Dickson had come back from Gillingham scoring regularly and full of confidence he'd be a good option from the bench. It's not worked out like that so for me his only chance is going for the second striker position on the bench with Mooney and McKenzie if fit. Burton and Forste have to be our main strikers for me, with Akpo not far off simply because we have no other striker to offer what he can.
  • Dickson will end up in league 2 at somewhere like Barnet or Dagenham. He'll then probably score 30 goals next season and then Pardew will sign him for 3m.
  • [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]Three one nil ( O.G.'s) will do just fine anyway.
    are you saying Burton and Forster are a pair of Old Gits?
  • [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]Three one nil ( O.G.'s) will do just fine anyway.
    are you saying Burton and Forster are a pair of Old Gits?

LOL You're one short there though and given that McKenzie is 32 on the 17th I think he just about qualifies.

Though perhaps McKenzie starting a game, let alone scoring in one, perhaps stretches the imagination a bit too far.
  • Now that Stimson has left Gills perhaps there is still a chance for Dickson to make a go of it there.

Lower division might suit him as well. Will depend who they appoint as manager of course.

And how much would Simion Jackson cost us now I wonder?
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Now that Stimson has left Gills perhaps there is still a chance for Dickson to make a go of it there.

Lower division might suit him as well. Will depend who they appoint as manager of course.

And how much would Simion Jackson cost us now I wonder?

Fair ponts re Dickson but do we really want Jackson?, I know he knows were the net is but he is a little light weight for my liking and we have enough of those already, give me a striker over 6 foot with broad shoulders.
  • Like Akpo Sodje?

Jackson is fast, has a trick and scored a lot of goals in a relegated side.

They did want £1m but that seems a lot.

Thing is if we stay done we can't afford him, if we go up we might be able to do better.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2010
    Simeon Jacksons record in League 1 is average imho, this season and in 2007/08, albeit both times for a struggling side so perhaps harder to judge. I personally do not think he will play much higher than League 1 and do well.

As for Dickson, he will be released by us no matter what but I would not be surprised to see him get an average League 2 move.

Edit: just checked, Jackson has 14 goals in 42 games in League 1 this season. Deon has a similar return and brings more to the team.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Like Akpo Sodje?

Jackson is fast, has a trick and scored a lot of goals in a relegated side.

They did want £1m but that seems a lot.

Thing is if we stay done we can't afford him, if we go up we might be able to do better.

Lol, Ok, what I should have said was a striker over 6 foot, with broad shoulders and who can score 20 goals a season, your last point is the million dollar question though, its going to be an interesting couple of weeks re the play offs followed by an equally interesting close season.
  • Wouldn't be surprised if a new manager gives Dickson another chance at Gillingham. He'll score goals at League Two level, especially in a team near the top giving him chances and letting him play with freedom. If a team want a striker to work hard and help them grind out results though, Dickson won't be the answer.