Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Mark Stimson wants more from Chris Dickson

I don't usually comment on other teams but this story hardly comes as any great surprise

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/g/gillingham/8567730.stm

Comments

• Yeah was posted in the Dickson thread. So that's Charlton, Crewe, Bristol Rovers and now Gillingham who have doubts about him, bit of a pattern there.
  • He's not the messaih he's just a very average striker.....
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]He's not the messaih he's just a very average striker.....[/quote]

That is not what his agent thinks, that Barcelona move is now looking even more unlikely
  • Only because Real Madrid are now interested.
  • Just shows how the bloke is being managed, dean sinclair stuart fleetwood etc.. all knuckling down and working hard at there loan clubs not a peep out of them or a bad word from there managers, infact dean has been playing very well for his club and feel sorry he hasn't been given a chance yet, as for fleets same really couldn't do anyworse than mooney or akpo infact fleetwood and burton could be a good combo.
  • Fleetwood would do worse, which is why he isn't here. Two goals all season, makes Mooney and Akpo's records look decent.
  • Sinclair deserves a chance IMO - Might be useful next season
  • Next season if we stay down we'll probably need him, if we go up no. If we stay down we'll do very well to get anywhere near the play-offs though.
  • He is out of contract at end of season, cannot see him earning an extension. Not sure if he is league 1 standard although seems to have made a difference to Grimsby with some goals
  • edited April 2010
    And again
    The Gills boss singled out Chris Dickson as one of the under-par players. The striker, on loan from Charlton, was hauled off shortly after wildly lashing wide from fully 30 yards when he had a clear route to goal.

Stimson said: “Chris has got pace to run into space, why shoot from there? It was an amazing decision. It wasn’t so much that, it was the reaction - for the next two minutes he was worried about the shot that went over and their centre-half stepped in two or three times to clear the ball.

“He’s got ability but sometimes it’s not about that, it’s about desire and knowing the game. At the moment he’s just falling short in that area.”
    Same old problems with Dickson it seems. That's all three of his clubs this season he's not impressed with.
  • Sponsored links:

• So Dickson after 3 seasons here is not the savour everyone thought he was?

Everytime I've seen him he looks a non league player. Will be lucky at the end of the season to stay in League One for next season
  • Must be poor man management from Parky Trollope Stimsom.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Must be poor man management from[strike]Parky[/strike][strike]Trollope[/strike]Stimsom.[/quote]

One day those Managers will see the light.

I'm just happy that Randolph didn't get snapped up in January when Parky said he could go.
  • [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Must be poor man management from[strike]Parky[/strike][strike]Trollope[/strike]Stimsom.

One day those Managers will see the light.

I'm just happy that Randolph didn't get snapped up in January when Parky said he could go.

Nice attempt to switch the debate to Randolph but this thread is about Chris "It's all the managers fault not his" Dickson
  • edited May 2010
    Just saw this on NewsNow, Gillingham won't be signing him.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/03052010/63/gills-rule-dickson-move.html
    Gillingham will not be making an approach for Charlton striker Chris Dickson this summer.

The 25-year-old's second loan spell with the Gills came to an end after Saturday's win against Southampton.

Dickson had long been a target of boss Mark Stimson after scoring 11 goals in 14 games during his previous stint at the club two seasons ago. He returned in February but never managed to hit the same heights, scoring once in eight appearances.

"He didn't play as many minutes as he would've liked or I would've liked, but at the end of the day you're judged on your last game," Stimson told the Kent Messenger.

"He's got a lovely way about him but he's just got to be a bit more professional in his game. If he does that he'll play at a decent level, if he doesn't then who knows where he'll end up?

"I'm sure he'll get a club in the summer and we possibly might read about him scoring a few goals. We'll be looking elsewhere."
    "he's just got to be a bit more professional in his game"

Going to be interesting to see where he ends up and what a new club & manager can get out of him.
  • He'll end up at Welling
  • Yea! He's available for the play offs ........ if the kit man gets injured!
  • Having only scored 8 goals in our last 10 matches we could do with a goalscorer up front ; - )
  • [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]Having only scored 8 goals in our last 10 matches we could do with a goalscorer up front ; - )
    Yes, but who...?
  • Interesting as if one of our main strikers was to get injured- Burton, Forster, Mooney or Sodje we do actually have Dickson and McKenzie fit and available for selction in the play offs.

Not saying they deserve to be in the squad as the four mentioned above are clearly deservadly there but if they do pick up knocks, at least we have some back ups.

In any case Dickson will be released at end of season and will be lucky to get a league 2 move- unless he scores at Wembley- then his agent will be back on phone to Barcelona
  • Sponsored links:

• Where was it confirmed we'd have him back for the play-offs?
  • says above his loan spell ended after the Saints game!
  • [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Interesting as if one of our main strikers was to get injured- Burton, Forster, Mooney or Sodje we do actually have Dickson and McKenzie fit and available for selction in the play offs.

Not saying they deserve to be in the squad as the four mentioned above are clearly deservadly there but if they do pick up knocks, at least we have some back ups.

In any case Dickson will be released at end of season and will be lucky to get a league 2 move- unless he scores at Wembley- then his agent will be back on phone to Barcelona

A good showing for Ghana in the world cup could make him a premier league player
  • I'd rather have the kit-man as a backup for our strikers!
  • [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]I'd rather have the kit-man as a backup for our strikers!

You won't be saying that when Dicko comes on and scores the winner at Wembley following a brilliant through ball from Mckenzie (starting his first game for us).
  • harsh on dickson re:kitman

If needed I hope he does well.

If he doesnt make it and moves on then good luck to him.

He does have pace and an eye for goal. If he can add somrthing more in terms of teamplay and concentration he could have a decent career.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    He does have pace and an eye for goal. If he can add somrthing more in terms of teamplay and concentration he could have a decent career.

If he hasn't learnt that in his 3 years with us, personally I doubt he will wherever he ends up......
  • [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Interesting as if one of our main strikers was to get injured- Burton, Forster, Mooney or Sodje we do actually have Dickson and McKenzie fit and available for selction in the play offs.

Fleetwood must be back for the Playoffs if needed? I'd rather have him if we had a few injuries than Dickson. At least he's scored a few goals (although not many) at this level.
  • Actually I think Fleetwood and Dickson both have 5 goals this season- Dickson got 4 for Bristol and 1 for Gills. Nothing in it imho but maybe Dickson will edge it if needed due to the fact he has played for us this season a fair few times. Obviously I hope neither is needed and we get along fine with the four who have been there for the last few games.
  • Even if we played with 5 strikers on the pitch ala leeds on sat dicko wouldn't even make the bench, if we don't go up I can see deals being done for akpo and mooney and hopefully forster as a full season from him would be good, if we had his 15 he scored for brighton we would be automatic I reckon, fear dickson will fall into the dorian smith file as with fleetwood (fleetwood could still get a semi decent league 2 club imho) if he hasn't learnt how to behave and be a 'proffesional' by now then he never will sadly, even his role model ian wright had got himself sorted by now at palace.