Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I'm running the London Marathon - Donation and support thread

2»

Comments

• Options
    I am also in for 2011, not running for any particular cause yet.
  • Options
    thanks for the leads :-)
  • Options
    Just found out I'm running it again this year. Wasn't planning on doing it but I just can't turn a place down.
  • Options
    thanks Spankie - Whizz-Kidz is a great little charity and they have given me a place, so now I just need to kick on with the training and raising funds!
  • Options
    Yes I am running the marathon for the first time , I am a football coach for the charlton athletic community trust and running it for the charlton upbeats down syndrome football teams and the downs syndrome association. I have a justgiving site www.justgiving/terrypeart. Would appreciate any donations , and tips on getting though it thanks
  • Options
    Love the Upbeats - have linked it properly. Good luck Terry.

Upbeats
  • Options
    thanks very much curb it , need all the sponsership help i can get !!!!!!!
  • Options
    anyone else running a half-marathon this weekend as preparation for April 17th?

I'm doing the Hastings Half, and there's one in Brentwood also a cross country 15 miler in Epping Forest. Good luck if you're in one of them!

My training's generally gone well apart from recurring knee problems - had to take 10 days off at turn of Feb/Mar due to right knee (and foot arch), now the left knee is playing up.
    Sunday will be okay then hoping I can get in a strong week's training next week and the knees can recovering during the tapering off period.
  • Options
    Supposed to be doing Brentwood tomorrow as a warm up for London but have got shin splints in my left leg.

Was going so well, up to 17miles 3 weeks ago but that was the last time I run.

Touch and go for The Marathon at the moment, depends on how my leg responds to treatment and even if I can do it will be out of shape compared to what I was a month ago.
  • Options
    After suffering a viral infection for the past three weeks I've decided to withdraw from this years race. After what happened to me last year I don't want to risk it.

At least I'll definitely have a place on the 2012 race.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm in for 2024 with a Sue Ryder charity place. Delighted.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    I'm in for 2024 with a Sue Ryder charity place. Delighted.
    Congratulations, it's harder each year to get a place.

I hope all goes well.