Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Unusual Charlton Goals

2»

Comments

• [quote][cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]Anyone remember Barness' OG against Grimsby in the Upton Park days? He lobbed Bob Bolder from about 20 yards. Think we lost 3-1 and super Clive got a couple for Grimsby. Cold Tuesday night that was definitely grim![/quote]

I remember this wasn't we 3-0 down after about 15 minutes. I've got a felling Leaburn scored to pull one back in the second half.
    Great own goal though :)
  • Any goal Kishishev scored!
  • Vs Notts County (I think) sometime in the early 70s. One of their defenders, in their area, thinks he hears a whistle and picks the ball up. Immediately realizes his mistake and tries to put it down, hoping the ref hasn't noticed. He has. Penalty, and goal to us.
  • Carl Leaburn vs Reading in front of the Covered End around 93 or 94, IIRC he hit the shot with his left foot.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Colchester away in the cup in the 80s. Own goal by them from 30 yards out. Didn't even seem to hit it very hard. We won 1 - 0

Was on the edge of the box. The defender put it through the keepers legs from close range. You're probably confused as Kevin Dickensen had punted it hopefully upfield to nobody in particular.
  • 'Max' Miller Stupidly deflected shot that went in at the old Stamford Bridge in what seemed like the closing stages to earn us a draw and relegated the people that now come from Russia.
  • Addick 1965
    Ah Kim Grant v Luton he could not stop laughing.
    Now whats the story of og at Sunderland please,i am getting abit long in the tooth or was it one too many beers.
  • I remember Phil Neal scoring a nice og when playing at smellhurst for Sheff Utd

we won 4-1 or 4-2 I think

I was at leyer road for that col u match. I was very young but do remember it just (tony philliskirk up front had the coolest name i had ever heard!!)
  • I remember Vic Halom punching in a cross at the covered end in some game in the 60's.
    Far from trying to act casual he ran to Harry Gregory pointing to his hand with a big grin on his face.
    No matter, the ref and lino missed it and the goal stood
  • charlton athletic hold premiership history for most own goals in a match. To benefit 3 own goals in 7 minutes, helped Charlton defeat Sunderland 3-1 @ the Stadium of Light on Sat FEB 1, 2003.
  • Sponsored links:

• Garth Crooks punched a goal in against Norwich.

Most bizarre penalty v Notts County in a 1-1 draw. County defender thought he heard the whistle and picked the ball up in the box.
  • [cite]Posted By: Six-a-bag-of-nuts[/cite]I remember Vic Halom punching in a cross at the covered end in some game in the 60's.
    Far from trying to act casual he ran to Harry Gregory pointing to his hand with a big grin on his face.
    No matter, the ref and lino missed it and the goal stood

Absolutely correct. I remember it but had forgotten it.
  • Chris Powell scored with his thigh at White Hart Lane!
  • I liked Garth Crooks until he punched that goal in. To make it worse, he denied having done it...but he did.
  • Richard Wrights OG at Higbury was unsual/comical