Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MK Dons

Comments

• Options
    Bye Bye Van Gaal
  • Options
    it's 4 nil haha
  • Options
    Chuckle chuckle.
  • Options
    United's defence looks appalling
  • Options
    What's the point in having Di Maria, Mata, Rooney and RVP up top if you have people like Young playing LWB
  • Options
    Now that is a massive embarrassment and LVG has seriously underestimated the UK league with his selection choice.
  • Options

Now that is a massive embarrassment and LVG has seriously underestimated the UK league with his selection choice.

Its not that bad De Gea in goal, Hernandez, Welbeck Adnan, Evans,
    Keane came on when Smalling went off injured so thats why his is playing
    its not great but should be good enough to win this match
  • Options
    edited August 2014

According to BBC, they've mustered one shot on target... And they have an England international up top.

I don't think he's underestimated League One at all. One shot on goal is just piss poor, not a mistake or an underestimation.

Personally I think it's hilarious.
  • Options
    Can we all agree now that it wasn't moyes' fault they did so badly last season. Ferguson' brilliance was ultimately now a hinderance. He got regularly got brilliant performances out of above average players.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2014
    LuckyReds said:

...According to BBC, they've mustered one shot on target... And they have an England international up top...

Really? It says 4 here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28847955
    LuckyReds said:

Personally I think it's hilarious.

Couldn't agree more! ;-)
  • Options
    Classic mk dons, their fans are more interested in getting autographs from united players. Also says a lot first thing LVG does is go over to sign autographs rather than shake Karl Robinson's hand.
  • Options
    I don't like MKD, but that is a hilarious scoreline. I remember on a train to the NW a couple of years ago seeing loads of Man U fans getting on the train at Milton Keynes, so a perfect chance to watch their local team :-)
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Stig said:

LuckyReds said:

According to BBC, they've mustered one shot on target... And they have an England international up top...

Really. It says 4 here.
    LuckyReds said:

...Personally I think it's hilarious.

Couldn't agree more ;-)
    Probably the BBC website then, I was getting 9:1 in favour of MK! That said, it jumped from 2-0 to 4-0... Website is shocking.

Btw, nice quotation skills ;)
  • Options
    Does this mean Karl Robinson gets another 6 seasons to try and get MK Dons out of league one?

Incredibly overrated
  • Options
    Bet Moyes is having a right old chuckle
  • Options
    edited August 2014

I don't like MKD, but that is a hilarious scoreline. I remember on a train to the NW a couple of years ago seeing loads of Man U fans getting on the train at Milton Keynes, so a perfect chance to watch their local team :-)

I had the "pleasure" of living in that concrete dump for a few months back in 2009/2010.

Can remember many an evening going for walks of an evening with the lovely young lady (a dance student) I was wooing. Upon going to the train station on several occasions I remember remarking on the number of Arsenal shirts at the station, making the journey down to Euston...

To quote the lovely lass in question, "What's wrong with that? It's not like the Dons are playing at home. You come from London, surely you support Chelsea or Arsenal but Charlton is convenient when there's no London matches?"...

Needless to say, she was soon left to live a life of pining after that dreamy young gentleman from South East London.. Fecking Chelsea.

She may have been a dancer, complete with a pole in her room, but some things can't be unsaid. She's now living a hippy lifestyle on a canal.. Unwashed as well as offensive.
  • Options

Does this mean Karl Robinson gets another 6 seasons to try and get MK Dons out of league one?

Incredibly overrated

So many seem to dislike / not rate this.guy and I just don't get it. Think he is a bright manager who has worked well on a low.budget and get his teams playing excellent football.

Certainly one for the future imo

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    there was only one set of fans standing up bouncing around and singing like crazy at the end there , different fucking gravy Man United fans absolute quality
    we'd win the Champions League Final against millwall in the last minute and we'd have fans moaning can you siddarn and not shout so loud
  • Options
    Have Karl Robinson an Kevin Painter ever been seen in the same room?
  • Options
    Van gaal is making Riga look good this season!
  • Options
    At least we're not Man Utd.

Riga is good, he's in a far worse place than any manager right now.
  • Options

Incredibly overrated

So many seem to dislike / not rate this.guy and I just don't get it. Think he is a bright manager who has worked well on a low.budget and get his teams playing excellent football.

Certainly one for the future imo

Certainly getting more out of Danny green than we did
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I'm afraid when things at United get this bad, you have to turn to plan M

photo MIchael-Appleton-008_zps2aca0d9e.jpg

Edit: On a serious note, I've just seen Appleton has taken Oxford to the bottom of league two. Every season they've been unlucky not to go up. How does he keep getting jobs?!?!?!?!
  • Options
    Me, Charlton born, Charlton supporter, go regularly to games. Now live in a nice market town 13 miles from Milton Keynes.

I was amused at the negative remark about MK. The whole area has a mixed range of housing in differing areas, catering for those in need of social housing to those with plenty of money to burn. Travelling around the road infrastructure (a grid system based upon the New York concept) but with lots of roundabouts, makes travel very easy. The centre is magnificent with it's range of restaurants, cinemas, a theatre, ski dome and pubs; all within walking distance.

To the game last night (I was there as a neutral). The MU fans were magnificent in their continued support of their team, who were poor. I was pleased for MK Dons, the ground was filled to virtual capacity and they enjoyed the biggest result of their relatively short history.

Not the same as watching my beloved Charlton, but nice sometimes to go to a neutral game and leave the rose-speckled glasses behind.
  • Options
    I've no problem with MK as a town just hate the football club for stealing another set of fans club and league place. The FA didn't allow it to happen to Maidstone so why did they allow it with Wimbledon?
  • Options
    PeterGage said:

Me, Charlton born, Charlton supporter, go regularly to games. Now live in a nice market town 13 miles from Milton Keynes.

I was amused at the negative remark about MK. The whole area has a mixed range of housing in differing areas, catering for those in need of social housing to those with plenty of money to burn. Travelling around the road infrastructure (a grid system based upon the New York concept) but with lots of roundabouts, makes travel very easy. The centre is magnificent with it's range of restaurants, cinemas, a theatre, ski dome and pubs; all within walking distance.

To the game last night (I was there as a neutral). The MU fans were magnificent in their continued support of their team, who were poor. I was pleased for MK Dons, the ground was filled to virtual capacity and they enjoyed the biggest result of their relatively short history.

Not the same as watching my beloved Charlton, but nice sometimes to go to a neutral game and leave the rose-speckled glasses behind.

I think I may have been a little scathing.. ;)

In all honesty, I was living in Wolverton - and that was a stunning little town and steeped in history to boot. Not something I expected when I thought of "Milton Keynes". I do genuinely have fond memories of walking along the canal path of an evening (I did a lot of thinking during that time.) and can honestly say I never felt threatened, quite the opposite. (Oh, and a Starbucks in a Tesco - quite the novelty!)

As far as Milton Keynes itself, I fell in love a little bit. I'm someone who very much loves London, and likes to go for a smoke break during work and look out at the skyline and little bits of "history". Yet there was something nice and cosy about Milton Keynes, there was definitely things to do - yet everything was compact, clean and simple. Although, I dare say had it not been for the girl mentioned in my previous post, my memories may have been a little less pleasant.

The football? New town syndrome perhaps. I think attitudes will change, maybe/possibly/gradually beginning with this generation - this will actually be "their" football club, the one they "grew up with" - that will mean a lot. Yeah, family loyalties of Man U/Arsenal/Chelsea will be inherited - but this generation may actually have the Dons ingrained in their psyche like we do Charlton.

I can imagine living there to be honest, I'm not sure about prices - but I would assume you'd get something a bit nicer for your money than down closer to London. It is probably something I would consider if I was single (or with a girlfriend with a different job) actually.

(Reading this post you'd think I was pulling in my pension, I'm only 22!?!)