Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Harris gunning to fire down Addicks

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/football/5048907.Harris_gunning_to_fire_down_Addicks/

Comments

• good player at this level tho. A type of striker we need.
  • Has the Steve Claridge knack of being able to draw free kicks out of clumsy defenders around the box....most of which he plonks straight into the back of the net.

I would LOVE Sodje to mark him this weekend.
  • [cite]Posted By: Groucho78MFC[/cite]Has the Steve Claridge knack of being able to draw free kicks out of clumsy defenders around the box....most of which he plonks straight into the back of the net.

I would LOVE Sodje to mark him this weekend.

Unlucky, can't see Sam Sodje playing :)
  • edited March 2010
    Cant get more clumsy than Llera. The Frank Spencer of defending.
  • Was that picture taken at a league game.........
  • edited March 2010
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]Was that picture taken at a league game.........[/quote]

Yep. Southampton at The Den. There are no away fans in the bottom tier.
  • [cite]Posted By: OhsouthLondon[/cite]Sodje and Llera have their moments. Daily has been very impressive for us as long as he starts I'm happy.

I've got my doubts about Dailly playing as well. He had an absolute mare against Morison at the Valley and by all accounts usually plays terribly against Millwall, going back to his West Ham days. Dailly worries me, Llera is a clown and Sodje is headless. It bodes well!!
  • I think all 320 of the Sodje brothers are completely hopeless. I'd be more worried if you started with either Burton or McKenzie to be honest.
  • [cite]Posted By: News Shopper[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]Was that picture taken at a league game.........

Shocking!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: News Shopper[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]Was that picture taken at a league game.........[/quote]

Yep. Southampton at The Den. There are no away fans in the bottom tier.[/quote]Shocking![/quote]

Saints took a good few thousand there that day but that part of the stand is always kept empty
  • Sponsored links:

• Neil Harris - played for Millwall for how long and yet never played against Charlton before....can't understand why...oh yes because they have always been in a lower division than us. We will spank them Saturday with or without the Sodje brothers, I am entirely confident.
  • Hardly the most frightning headline tbh, i think well cope
  • [cite]Posted By: valleyman[/cite]Neil Harris - played for Millwall for how long and yet never played against Charlton before....can't understand why...oh yes because they have always been in a lower division than us. We will spank them Saturday with or without the Sodje brothers, I am entirely confident.

I look forward to reviving this if the outcome should be anything other than a Charlton win.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Groucho78MFC[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: valleyman[/cite]Neil Harris - played for Millwall for how long and yet never played against Charlton before....can't understand why...oh yes because they have always been in a lower division than us. We will spank them Saturday with or without the Sodje brothers, I am entirely confident.[/quote]

I look forward to reviving this if the outcome should be anything other than a Charlton win.[/quote]

Happy for you to do so but I wouldn't make a note of it becuase you would just be wasting your time. Spanners 0, Addicks 3.
  • I just have a feeling Millwall will want to win it a lot more than us? Hope im very, very wrong.
  • [cite]Posted By: charlton_hero[/cite]I just have a feeling Millwall will want to win it a lot more than us? Hope im very, very wrong.
    In the past they frozen in their cup finals so lets hope Sat is the same
  • Have a huge admiration for Neil Harris.

Pretty much a one club man (whether through no one else wanting him or not), which is rare these days, consistently scored goals, doesn't come across the big I am and seems to handle himself well, and has come through the other side of serious health issues.

Wish there were more footballers like him. People like him, Chris Powell etc are a credit to the game, and sadly in the minority these days.

Think he has summed up the approach to the game pretty well, and i hope ours have exactly the same outlook.
  • [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: News Shopper[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]Was that picture taken at a league game.........

Shocking!

Why is that shocking? We took 2,000 that day.
  • edited March 2010
    Every thread is turning into away numbers competition. Can we please keep it strictly to women and trains.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Pretty much a one club man (whether through no one else wanting him or not), which is rare these days
    Think he was at Forest and Cardiff

Great title for the article NS!
    img_logo_main.gif
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Saints fan[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]

Shocking!

Gotta love this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBXomnqTpOc

Anyway, off-topic. Apologies.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Mortimerician

[img h=199 w=198]http://www.cact.org.uk/street/img/img_logo_main.gif[/img][/quote]

Think you are maybe reading wahey too much into it. The reference to 'gunning to fire down' was about goals rather than bullets.
  • [cite]Posted By: Groucho78MFC[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Saints fan[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]

Shocking!

Gotta love this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBXomnqTpOc

Anyway, off-topic. Apologies.

I was gutted! I didn't even know it was in the last minute until the FT whistle went. Would have been a bit more painful if we actually deserved the win.
  • [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Pretty much a one club man (whether through no one else wanting him or not), which is rare these days
    Think he was at Forest and Cardiff

img_logo_main.gif

Gillingham too for a while I think...
  • [cite]Posted By: News Shopper[/cite]Think you are maybe reading wahey too much into it. The reference to 'gunning to fire down' was about goals rather than bullets.
    Yeah obviously, but you know what I'm saying. Given that that logo was used on both shirts last time the teams played, I think the headline might not have been used, if you'd thought about it. What next, "Burton Looks To Stick A Knife In Milwall's Playoff Bid"?

I'm not offended or anything, but someone might be (or at least use it as an excuse to whine).
  • Admire the chap to get back to this level of football after his illness and do what he has done with one club.

We are crap-- yet have never been out the top 3 ?

Millwall dont care about us yet sell the ground out for the first time since Eamon Dunphy was a boy?

its a strange old game
  • He'll score saturday banker
  • I played against Neil Harris as a kid when he played for Rayleigh Boys.

I like the fella.
  • [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]He'll score saturday banker

He's won the division's player of the month for Feb. Let's hope he therefore succumbs to the usual curse and loss of form.

I share the concerns above re our central defensive frailties, though. Full back positions not looking too strong either, unless Jacko is fit.
  • the video camera that soton fan used was very clear ... choice get one of them;-)