Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Hurt Locker

Watched it last night before it won all the awards.

thought it was ok, strange and quite dark got the feeling up until he runs off into the town looking for the boy that it was a good look into the life of a bomb disposal team, visually special effects were ok,

great film in my opinion no,

gripping not really,

worthy of the accolades not for me,

worth the 2.99 to sky yeahy for a sunday night it was ok

Avartar getting zilch unbelievable for visual alone it rocked

Comments

• Options
    Avatar did win 3 or so technical awards...

Hurt Locker though, for the money that was spent on it and the insight (if true) that it provided was cracking. What an amazing job those guys do.

It wasn't an up or down film, full of emotion or any real gripping action (apart from the sniper scene in the desert that I enjoyed) but more of a docu film.

Would have liked it more if Evangeline Lilly got her baps out in her short scene... :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Avatar did win 3 or so technical awards...

Hurt Locker though, for the money that was spent on it and the insight (if true) that it provided was cracking. What an amazing job those guys do.

It wasn't an up or down film, full of emotion or any real gripping action (apart from the sniper scene in the desert that I enjoyed) but more of a docu film.

Would have liked it more if Evangeline Lilly got her baps out in her short scene... :-)

sniper scene was good must admit couldnt work out if the brits were sas or bounty hunters??
  • Options
    I do not like war films. However the hurt locker was my favourite of the 70+ films we watched last year, I thought it was incredibly tense and moving and I am so glad it stuffed Avatar at the Oscars.
  • Options
    i watched it on sky last night and it froze on me,i couldn't rewind or anything.had to turn it all off and on again,missed about 15 minutes and when it came back on some guy was wearing a padlocked vest bomb. gutted really as i was enjoying it up till that point.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]i watched it on sky last night and it froze on me,i couldn't rewind or anything.had to turn it all off and on again,missed about 15 minutes and when it came back on some guy was wearing a padlocked vest bomb. gutted really as i was enjoying it up till that point.

did that too me to, we had recorded it so i just put it back on a fast forwarded to the part we was at, was it when the oil tankers had blown up????
  • Options
    what oil tankers?
  • Options
    Hurt Locker is a quality movie.

Gran Torino is on Sky Movies Prem at the moment - What a film.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kimbo[/cite]I do not like war films. However the hurt locker was my favourite of the 70+ films we watched last year, I thought it was incredibly tense and moving and I am so glad it stuffed Avatar at the Oscars.

and yet nothing seemed to be glorified just for the film. The scenes with the locals on mobile phones were spine chilling.
  • Options
    Excellent film.

Surprised that The Road had no nominations ... would have thought Viggo Mortensen definitely deserved a nomination for best actor.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]Excellent film.

Surprised that The Road had no nominations ... would have thought Viggo Mortensen definitely deserved a nomination for best actor.

Dont know what to think about that film niether liked or disliked it. Didnt enjoy the book (mainly the style it was written).
    Hurt Locker, I liked but Gran Torino was the one for last year for me.
    I watched District 9 last Friday night, found watchable, which suprised me. Thought it would be just a shoot em up si-fi.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Saw Alice in Wonderland last week - absolutely brilliant.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]Saw Alice in Wonderland last week - absolutely brilliant.

Going to see it this evening.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]Saw Alice in Wonderland last week - absolutely brilliant.

It's a visual treat Mr. M....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]

ditto
  • Options

I thought it was rubbish! looked pretty in places but it has an awful, and not much of a, story. Very much style over substance.

Worth seeing for the effects if you haven't gone 3D before, but Avatar and even Toy Story 2 in 3D were better films for 3D effects.
  • Options
    loved gran torino,what a way to go out.
  • Options
    Dont usually like Clint Eastwood but in that he is one of my favourite all time characters. Some funny one-liners.
  • Options
    liked the fact in confession he hardly done anything wrong in life,but we all thought he had been some killer in korea
  • Options
    ''Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have f*cked with? That's me''
  • Options
    The Brits in it were Bounty Hunters. No doubt a hint of ex-special forces in there, but the way they acted the majority seemed to be more likely from regular regiments. It seemed a bit farcical that the Iraqi insurgent had picked his targets off long distance whilst not lying prone or using any form of support. If he was that expert a shot, it was crazily balanced out by his strategic plan of using the same firing spot over and over again.

I think it's an enjoyable film, and I like that the famous actors don't hang around long - I'd always want to do that if I was making a film myself. Having said that it's full of utterly idiotic adrenaline fuelled buddy moments. Every time the main guy finds IED's he seems to get one then discover another twenty even more clandestinely hidden pointed right at him. Hey maybe that happens but when he's surrounded by ten odd artillery shells, the trigger point looks about twenty yards away??????? If the Iraqi's that much of an Allah martyr why doesn't he blow up whenever. A film that deals with some interesting emotions, but can't help itself gorging on hyper-realised adrenaline Hollywood.

Compared to Generation Kill it's still a ridiculous Hollywood presentation.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Grand Torino: Clint can still do that real mean 'Dirty Harry' stare that has served him so well over the years: not a man to be messed with, even at his age!
  • Options
    march that film is quality... truly befitting of the times
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: March51[/cite]Grand Torino: Clint can still do that real mean 'Dirty Harry' stare that has served him so well over the years: not a man to be messed with, even at his age!

just watched it very good film indeed
  • Options
    RE: Avatar not winning any Oscars in any of the big categories, here's what one of my friends said on Facebook

"Turkeys don't vote for Christmas. Turns out the academy doesn't vote for blockbusters made by an egomaniac that don't use actors, sets, lighting or, it seems, writers"

I haven't seen The Hurt Locker. Sounds like a good film from what people on here are saying, maybe not amazing, but still good
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]RE: Avatar not winning any Oscars in any of the big categories, here's what one of my friends said on Facebook

"Turkeys don't vote for Christmas. Turns out the academy doesn't vote for blockbusters made by an egomaniac that don't use actors, sets, lighting or, it seems, writers"

Best analysis of Avatar I have read! Pocohontas in space. All technique and no substance. So glad it only picked up some awards for its special effects.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Nadou[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]RE: Avatar not winning any Oscars in any of the big categories, here's what one of my friends said on Facebook

Best analysis of Avatar I have read! Pocohontas in space. All technique and no substance. So glad it only picked up some awards for its special effects.
    I prefer 'Smurfahontas'. Saw it - meh.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: allez les addicks[/cite]

I thought it was rubbish! looked pretty in places but it has an awful, and not much of a, story. Very much style over substance.

Worth seeing for the effects if you haven't gone 3D before, but Avatar and even Toy Story 2 in 3D were better films for 3D effects.

Watched it last night and thought it was excellent ... very good film, but probably one of those you either love or hate.
  • Options
    Its a good film, better than Avatar in my opinion, but in terms of a war film i don't think its amazing. Its typical how the British die and the Americans take over and do the job, really annoyed me that part.
  • Options
    Gran Torino was the best film I saw last year and as for Avatar , if it hadn't been for the 3D which I was very impressed with I wouldn't have stayed and watched it through. Basically the story line from Dances With Wolves set in the future.
  • Options
    Just finished watching The Hurt Locker. Didn't like it as much as I was expecting to. Thought it lacked a controlling idea and that really made the ending an anti-climax.