Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Elliott V Llera

2»

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]A right liability against yeovil indeed.

Robbie saved us against Yeovil with 3 decent saves.

I'm a fan of his but, unsurprisingly for a young keeper, sometimes his decision making is still suspect and the mix up with Llera was a good example of that.
  • she was being sarcy
  • edited March 2010
    stockport away he let in a loopy cross, colchester away previous communication problems with lera ..... so many long range shots that get past him far too easily(eg.brighton game recently), yesterday wasn't his first flap at a cross and drop this season and he didn't do anything against millwall when one decent save could have won that match ... very very ordinary and i think any keeper in this league could have done a job at least as good as him given the run he's been given...
  • I personally mark goalkeepers very harshly having seen a lot of the undisputed best in the world Gianluigi Buffon and I think anyone wanting to be a goalkeeper should be made to watch him in action and how he deals with things, not saying that could be like him but they should certainly study his approach. With Robbie, I think he has played well this season, he has made some mistakes but he is young and he will learn eventually, he has also made some great saves. However the one thing I can't tell is how good he will be, I don't know if he will have the potential to play in the Championship or one day the Premiership but for this league he is one of the best around.
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ollywozere[/cite]Is it just me, or apart from Southend last week and the fumble yesterday, I can't think of too many other mistakes or 'clangers' he's made this season?!

No mate I'm with you but as I said above a good keeper takes command so a 50:50 ball like that one should have been Robbie's because he should have taken responsibility and called for it.

The penalty box belongs to the keeper and he should call the shots there.

It bounced a good way outside the box though Len.
  • Chatting to my brother before the match he told me that he went to a club in Canterbury last Tuesday night where he saw none other than Robbie Elliot. Apparently he was compus mentus and having a night off.
  • It was Kins and not Parky that did the press conference, so not sure where the idea comes from that Parky blamed Elliot. Yes, he was concerned that two of his players were having a go at each other, but that was it. Sitting almost level with the incident, it was clearly Llera's fault, can't let the ball bounce there, or a striker to wander past you that easily. I'm astonished it's even a debate, to be honest. Several players other than Elliot also had a go at Miguel. It was an unfortunate in-game thing and he had a pretty good game, although when I came out of Barts he was trudging out looking most sorry for himself.
  • I thought this was a post about the likely outcome of an Elliott v Llera square-up? My money would be very firmly on the Spaniard. He's got the reach and enough of a fighting streak. Not sure Robbie's paunch could stand up to any sustained pressure.
  • [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]It was Kins and not Parky that did the press conference, so not sure where the idea comes from that Parky blamed Elliot. Yes, he was concerned that two of his players were having a go at each other, but that was it. Sitting almost level with the incident, it was clearly Llera's fault, can't let the ball bounce there, or a striker to wander past you that easily. I'm astonished it's even a debate, to be honest. Several players other than Elliot also had a go at Miguel. It was an unfortunate in-game thing and he had a pretty good game, although when I came out of Barts he was trudging out looking most sorry for himself.

spot on
  • Fair do's Morts. You were a lot closer than us so thanks for your assessment. I'm not happy that someone feels its ok to call our Charlton Athletic supporting keeper 'blobby'. What are you, 5? Why do some of our supporters continually put our more committed players down like that? I dispair, i really do:-(
  • Sponsored links:

• Morts.....It came from Parky digging Robbie out from the touchline, not in any interview...though to be fair no one here knows exactly what he said.
    As we know Parky isn't the most animated person on the touchline but he certainly let rip at Robbie on this occasion and for a fair few moments too.........most unusual for him one has to say he was clearly annoyed at him in some way or another.
  • [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Morts.....It came from Parky digging Robbie out from the touchline, not in any interview...though to be fair no one here knows exactly what he said.
    As we know Parky isn't the most animated person on the touchline but he certainly let rip at Robbie on this occasion and for a fair few moments too.........most unusual for him one has to say he was clearly annoyed at him in some way or another.

he was telling Robbie to calm down as Elliot was going on a Llera for to long we was level with Parkie in the DB seats that was the only thing he said to Robbie
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Morts.....It came from Parky digging Robbie out from the touchline, not in any interview...though to be fair no one here knows exactly what he said.

he was telling Robbie to calm down as Elliot was going on a Llera for to long we was level with Parkie in the DB seats that was the only thing he said to Robbie

NLA the font of all Knowledge. End of debate then!
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Morts.....It came from Parky digging Robbie out from the touchline, not in any interview...though to be fair no one here knows exactly what he said.

So what did he say then?
  • [cite]Posted By: Chaz Hill[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]

whys it the end of debate if you have a problem Chaz send us a whisper and i am sure we can sort it out instead of sniping as far as i am aware i havent i have not called you out at all yet you seem to have an issue with me,

SA you could clearly see that he was telling him to calm down what else would you like me to add that i havent said already,
  • Dailly was telling Robbie to calm down after his flap in the second half, not sure whose fault it was with the Llera incident but Elliot did need calming down a little.

Also I may be alone here, but I thought Llera was ver average on sat, every time the oppostion has a chance it seems as though, he could do something better or has made a gaff. I am surprised opposition managers have not tried to target Miguel more. He gets turned so easily and the amount of mistakes he makes is too many. He may have a good attitude but I still think he is a liability.
  • [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Dailly was telling Robbie to calm down after his flap in the second half, not sure whose fault it was with the Llera incident but Elliot did need calming down a little.

Also I may be alone here, but I thought Llera was ver average on sat, every time the oppostion has a chance it seems as though, he could do something better or has made a gaff. I am surprised opposition managers have not tried to target Miguel more. He gets turned so easily and the amount of mistakes he makes is too many. He may have a good attitude but I still think he is a liability.

Sam Sodje is just as culpable in terms of clangers. There's no such thing as a mistake free centre back in this division. I think Llera is doing pretty well.
  • Llera is just awful. he has no control at all, miss times his jumps and whenever he touches the ball it always look like some kind of deflection.
  • I agree Sodje can be just as bad, but Llera makes a lot more errors and in terms of who I would rather see against the likes of Lambert, Beckford, Holt etc. I think Sodje would be the better choice.
  • Llera to me is one of those players who can do a job. He's never going to be a star player but stick him in the team and you know he'll give it his best, however good that is (or not, depending on your opinion.) He is slow but he's decent in the air and something to think about for the opposition at set-pieces. Not a top drawer CB but at L1 he'll get by.
  • Sponsored links:

• I like both Llera and Sodje in that they both give their all despite their limitations.

I would stick with Llera for the Millwall game though firstly as in my opinion he has been decent since his return to the side and thus should be selected for that reason. Secondly because the last thing we need is a hyped up Sam Sodje getting himself red carded after 15 minutes for a rash tackle.
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Secondly because the last thing we need is a hyped up Sam Sodje getting himself red carded after 15 minutes for a rash tackle.

That would be my concern as well.
  • i'd like to see llera have a chance to take a free kick again just outside the box , he had a terrific effort against orient and i can't recall him having another go since
    although on saturday i don't think we won a free kick anywhere near shooting distance outside their box
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]I like both Llera and Sodje in that they both give their all despite their limitations.
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]Sam Sodje is just as culpable in terms of clangers. There's no such thing as a mistake free centre back in this division. I think Llera is doing pretty well.

Agree with those points. Sodje has a bit of pace and can obviously turn quicker so can hide certain mistakes much more than Llera could.

Dailly clearly has a better football brain than both but is also the weakest in the air and probably not quite as physical. We're not going to get a centre back with a bit of everything to his game in the Championship never mind League One.
    [cite]Posted By: Chaz Hill[/cite]

whys it the end of debate if you have a problem Chaz send us a whisper and i am sure we can sort it out instead of sniping as far as i am aware i havent i have not called you out at all yet you seem to have an issue with me,

SA you could clearly see that he was telling him to calm down what else would you like me to add that i havent said already,

I could see him saying something but I don't know what it was....and it would seem neither do you.
    It's fair to say that amongst other things he no doubt WAS telling him to calm down but he might equally(into the bargain) have been telling him it was his fault anyway............. or at least as much as Llera's.
    You seem to be saying that he only told him to calm down....until I've got it from someone who actually heard what he said then I and no one else knows do they nla?
  • [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chaz Hill[/cite]

I could see him saying something but I don't know what it was....and it would seem neither do you.
    It's fair to say that amongst other things he no doubt WAS telling him to calm down but he might equally(into the bargain) have been telling him it was his fault anyway............. or at least as much as Llera's.
    You seem to be saying that he only told him to calm down....until I've got it from someone who actually heard what he said then I and no one else knows do they nla?

SA you said that he was digging Robbie out from the touchline, i said he didnt dig him out he told him to calm down

I know what i heard him say and i was close enough to hear the words Robbie Clam Down,

I was no more than 10 rows back from where Parky was standing in an area that made no noise through the whole match and he didnt exactly whisper to a goalie half a football pitch away.

the reason he was more animated was it seemed like Elliot was ignoring his shout and was continuing to have a go at Llera far too long after the situation had passed.
  • [quote
    whys it the end of debate if you have a problem Chaz send us a whisper and i am sure we can sort it out instead of sniping as far as i am aware i havent i have not called you out at all yet you seem to have an issue with me.
    [/quote]

NLA I'm sorry but your either 'black or white' view of things does rather wind me up at times. Particularly when it comes to slagging off certain players (and the Manager) who are giving their all for CAFC. In particular Nicky Bailey and now Miguel Llera. Why are you so keen to point the finger at him when he always gives his best and doesn't hide from his responsibilties? I think Robbie Elliot is another who gives his best but like all keepers will and does make mistakes. I'm not going to slag him when he does because it is encouragement they need not abuse from frustrated 'wanna be's'.

Anyway each to his own.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chaz Hill[/cite][quote
    whys it the end of debate if you have a problem Chaz send us a whisper and i am sure we can sort it out instead of sniping as far as i am aware i havent i have not called you out at all yet you seem to have an issue with me.

NLA I'm sorry but your either 'black or white' view of things does rather wind me up at times. Particularly when it comes to slagging off certain players (and the Manager) who are giving their all for CAFC. In particular Nicky Bailey and now Miguel Llera. Why are you so keen to point the finger at him when he always gives his best and doesn't hide from his responsibilties? I think Robbie Elliot is another who gives his best but like all keepers will and does make mistakes. I'm not going to slag him when he does because it is encouragement they need not abuse from frustrated 'wanna be's'.

Anyway each to his own.

Llera was ok today saying that and gets more jittery the more the fans get on at him be warned that some of you are causing more of a problem than you realise Why would i say that if i am slagging Llera off, He is a dodgy defender no one can deny that but i have not slagged him off,

Bailey i criticised his play acting i dont like it but i have not slagged him off,

Parky i just dont rate but i do not dislike i have said he done well pre season to deal with the crap that was going on at the club but i still hold him to blame for us getting relegated alongside pardew but i very rarely slag him off,

as for your wanna bes comment i aint got a clue what you are on about but dont try getting personal with me if you dont like what i post then post an alternative if not just shut up
    [cite]Posted By: Chaz Hill[/cite][quote

Anyway each to his own.

Llera was ok today saying that and gets more jittery the more the fans get on at him be warned that some of you are causing more of a problem than you realiseWhy would i say that if i am slagging Llera off, He is a dodgy defender no one can deny that but i have not slagged him off,

Bailey i criticised his play acting i dont like it but i have not slagged him off,

Parky i just dont rate but i do not dislike i have said he done well pre season to deal with the crap that was going on at the club but i still hold him to blame for us getting relegated alongside pardew but i very rarely slag him off,

as for your wanna bes comment i aint got a clue what you are on about but dont try getting personal with me if you dont like what i post then post an alternative if not just shut up

Your the man, NLA. Your the man.