Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

cRaZiEsT ThInG YoU HaVe DoNe @ tHe VaLlEy...

edited March 2010 in General Charlton
- It was mid-March 1995 and Charlton were hosting Grimsby Town at the Valley, and I decided to sit in the heart and center of the away Grimsby fans. When Stuart Balmer scored a diving header in front of the Grimsby Fans end to clinch a 2-1 comeback win inside added time, i went crazy with joy as about 300 grimsby town fans wanted my head off!!! I just made it out of there! WHY would i do such a thing???

-Well, because i had not personally seen Charlton win for my last 9 visits to the Valley in a row, that i deceided to transfer my poor luck to the Grimsby End and, it f'n worked!

Comments

• Not me but when Burton scored the first penalty against Millwall earlier this season I looked to my left to see someone laying on their back, upside down, down the stairs waving their fists in the air and screaming. It was an expression of unadulterated joy the like of which I have never seen before.
    edited March 2010
    jumped down maybe five or six rows from North upper Block H row VV when Bailey scored that Volley against Millwall. I fell so far and so many people got out placed by my leap that they all passed me back up to row VV to start some songs again i lost my voice too that day it was one of the loudest i have ever been.
  • edited March 2010
    Many drink fuelled embarrassments over the years, fallen backwards / forwards over seats countless times. At Southend last week, when Reid scored I went straight over the seat in front and then fell back over it getting back.

Fell over doing the conga round the upper north when 1-6 down to Leeds a few years back. The infamous Leicester game when Steve Brown got sent off, launched my brochure straight into the back of the head of the bloke in front of me! Absolutely clattered the poor bugger. Launched a tirade of abuse for about 3 mins at the top of my voice when Brad Friedel equalised against us at home to Blackburn, only for Jensen to score and save the day and left me red faced.
  • gosh,well back in the 92/93 season I well remember ordering a chunky kit kat AND a curry pasty at half time.
    Me and the crew still chuckle at the memory.
    Crazy days.
  • I renewed my season ticket
  • Worked as a steward...
  • Tapped Killer on the shoulder (from behind) to ask him for a photo with Junior: I lived to tell the tale!
  • I ate a pie...
  • Had a kickabout on the pitch at about 1am around 13 years ago before getting chased out.
  • When we beat Bristol City in the Fa Cup in 1994 I somersaulted on the concourse of the covered end.
  • Sponsored links:

• When we beat Liverpool (cant remember the year) I celebrated quite wildly, I was the ball boy infront of the Liverpool fans...
  • heavily pregnant couldn't be bothered to queue at the ladies so I just walked into the men's saying 'I'm not looking but I'm coming in, if you don't like it I'll p**s on your seat!' They saw the funny side I think. Not as bad as; At Selhurst away to Wimbledon when me and a friend hijacked one of the many men's toilets as the ladies were too few and queued to the stands. We stopped the men going in and diverted them to the next toilet and sent the women in instead.
  • classy.
  • [cite]Posted By: Atletico Addick[/cite]When we beat Liverpool (cant remember the year) I celebrated quite wildly, I was the ball boy infront of the Liverpool fans...

Nice one!
  • Stayed till the end.
    edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Floyd Montana[/cite]gosh,well back in the 92/93 season I well remember ordering a chunky kit kat AND a curry pasty at half time.
    Me and the crew still chuckle at the memory.
    Crazy days.

Chunky Kit Kat in 1992/93 surely not :-)
  • Depends where you kept it through the first half.

Never forget the girl that brought my order and pulled out two hamburgers from under her armpits.
    I said 'what did you do that for?'
    She said 'I was keeping them warm'
    I replied 'you can forget about my hot dog'
  • I remember once nearly cheering ........I know i'm just crazy ;-)
  • You mean cRaZy

Good result for the Spammers today...
  • yeah just keeping up the excitement till the end of the season
  • Sponsored links:

• I was ballboy when we were 3 0 down at home to Southend years ago and threw the ball at the referee.
  • [cite]Posted By: SE9[/cite]Had a kickabout on the pitch at about 1am around 13 years ago before getting chased out.

Was that the one that made the Mercury?
  • I once unscrewed the top off my flask before half-time. I waited until half-time to pour it though. Another occasion I was tempted to remove my blanket but decided against it, it was late April and still a bit nippy.
  • *bump*
  • didn't get nicked or stayed awake.
  • [cite]Posted By: sadiejane1981[/cite]heavily pregnant couldn't be bothered to queue at the ladies so I just walked into the men's saying 'I'm not looking but I'm coming in, if you don't like it I'll p**s on your seat!' They saw the funny side I think. Not as bad as; At Selhurst away to Wimbledon when me and a friend hijacked one of the many men's toilets as the ladies were too few and queued to the stands. We stopped the men going in and diverted them to the next toilet and sent the women in instead.

Typical Tory - looking after No 1 and bossing everyone else about... ;-D
  • Went to all the london broncos games...

Not me this one but was well crazy. We were playing grimbsy I think they had an italian can't temeber his name, ivano bonnetti?? There was a bloke in f block coverd end who spent the whole game shouting at him in italain, was well weird.

At a celebrity match at the valley, the one with stan boardman early 90s, the goalie bob the bobcat bevan was about to take a goal kick and I blew my klaxon horn and he did a massive air kick and fell on his arse.
  • Not me but a couple of us broke into the valley on the night of the supporters club meeting in 86. Started to climb up one of the floodlights but I'm not too great with heights so only got halfway. My mate made it to the top and had a piss.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]Sex in the west stand bogs.

Classy i know.[/quote]

Given that there are Gents and Ladies toilets in The West Stand and that you were no doubt in the Gents, leaves your disclosure open to all sorts of interpretation.
  • [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]Sex in the west stand bogs.

Classy i know.

It doesnt count if you are on your own.