Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southend v Charlton - Post match views

edited February 2010 in General Charlton
-in the gumbo goatmobile on the way home.

Seriously, as a football fan it doesn't get much better than that. Forget the football and the frustrating performance, one nil down and come back with a winner in injury time is what football is all about. Cracking

Comments

• Options
    It sounded good on t'wireless!
  • Options
    Beautiful ball down the left from Llera to Reid for the winner I heard?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bibble[/cite]It sounded good on t'wireless!

well apart from the first 95 minutes
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Can I be the first to say we're still ... third !!!

Sounds like a great comeback after - at least, if you believe Bradley Allen's commentary - what was an atrocious first-half in which Southend's work-rate was far superior to ours.

Two wins in seven days and perhaps - just perhaps - we can put the Tuesday nightmare behind us.

As someone said at the end of the match thread, if only we could play ten men relegation sides every week.

Unfortunately, we've got games against the rest of the top six/seven coming up. But let's worry about that when they come along and enjoy tonight.

For the moment at least, we're still third !
  • Options
    Wasn't there, although we won, I'm still a bit worried we're not going to go on a run, really didn't sound convincing from the commentary.

Still don't have a best 11 which is a problem, can see Reid starting again. We can't keep tweaking the team each game just to switch things around and see if it works.
  • Options
    Thank you to all the doom-mongers, nay-sayers and moaners whose over-reaction to the poor first-half persuaded me to lump on a Charlton win at 5/1. Very nice!
  • Options
    the result mega important ..... but we can't afford to keep giving teams a goal start, 1 clean sheet in 14 is atrocious i think randolph should have a chance in goal .....

i now see us as 3% automatics % 75 playoffs and 22% out of playoffs come the end of the season , i'll up date it after each game so you all will know where we'll end up ;-)
  • Options
    A win against a relegation threatened side, with 10 men, when the commentators are telling us HOW poor we are for 75 minutes is not doom-mongering - this win does NOT wipe out Tuesday's p1ss poor effort!
  • Options
    We really do need to start keeping clean sheets. Great to comeback from 1-0 down, but it's much harder to do that at home against 11 men concentrating on defending over trying to get a 2nd goal.
    [cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]A win against a relegation threatened side, with 10 men, when the commentators are telling us HOW poor we are for 75 minutes is not doom-mongering - this win does NOT wipe out Tuesday's p1ss poor effort!
    Of course not, all about going on a run of good results for the rest of the season. Two wins in three is an improvement at least, but still have a lot to do.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: supaclive[/cite]A win against a relegation threatened side with 10 men, when the commentators are telling us HOW poor we are for 75 minutes is not doom-mongering - this win does NOT wipe out Tuesday's p1ss poor effort!
    No, but the vitriol that gets spilled whenever Charlton have a set-back is as boring as it is predictable. We're not nearly as bad as some people make out. And 5/1 was too tempting!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Some people need to take a reality check. We are a decent enough team & Parky is a decent enough manager. If people would just stop over-reacting to every small set back then life would be so much easier.
  • Options
    Just on the DLR home now.

All I can say is phew!

Thought Reid was class when he came on.

Caught his shirt at the end, hope the kid I gave it to appreciates it!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red_Pete[/cite]Some people need to take a reality check. We are a decent enough team & Parky is a decent enough manager. If people would just stop over-reacting to every small set back then life would be so much easier.
    That's the thing, we're just a decent team. We make mistakes, we can look good one game and poor another.

We aren't terrible and neither is Parky. Just as we're not a demotivated, underachieving team of good Championship players.
  • Options
    We needed a result of some description after a disappointing lacklustre performance and result on Tuesday.

We got that and now we have to hope those around us drop points and that we can kick on and build up a bit of momentum.

Well done Parky.
  • Options
    Kyle Reid saved Robbie Elliots blushes that's for sure, what a clanger....I was sat directly behind Reids shot (in The West Stand)....he placed it perfectly across the keeper....and a real peach of across for the first as well, yes he ceratainly turned the game around for us in what was a scrappy and otherwise frustrating evening....Lloyd Sam take note please!!
    I didn't see the sending off as it took place off the ball and I was looking elsewhere.
    We all went home happy as Harry.....and after our recent trials and tribulations............................... why not.
  • Options
    I am exceedingly happy with the result, well done all!
  • Options
    Enjoyed the second half immensely, even though the ref was a homer. Llera was outstanding tonight and Richardson was a threat all game. I didn't think Sarfend looked like scoring... A bit of a Robbie blunder. Great support in the corner, but the knobs breaking the chairs must surely realise that Charlton have to pay the repair bill.
  • Options
    I didnt enjoy the game but loved the result.

Was standing with my dad for the second half and when we scored and celebrated together I got my love for Charlton back.

I'm also drunk and still trying to get my head around a multipled pierced clitoris.
  • Options
    Just seen Mooney's miss on SSN - that was shocking. Great finish from Reid though.
  • Options
    sat in the southend stand, right next to their 'noisy' fans. Cant believe how much i was sitting on my hands when Reidys goal went in!....ours fans goin mental looked quality.

Was a shite game, and Southend are a bad side. We played ok 2nd half. Reid looked different gear when he came on. 1st half we were crap, 2nd half better....but to be expected against a side with 10 men.

So relieved the three points are in the bag.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    F*ck yeah! So happy to see us concede first and actually go on to turn it around for the win (yeah i know it was against 10 men for most of it!). Reminded me of the Orient game a bit really, terrible 1st half, much better 2nd half. Haven't felt this good after a win for a while to be honest, although that might be the large amount of alcohol one has consumed throughout the day and night :)

OH SOUTH LONDON :D
  • Options
    we won. Get over it.
  • Options
    Elliot was left badly exposed for that goal, he had kept us in the match up until then.

Not exhilarated... just relieved.
  • Options
    Just got back, drove up.

Won't sleep for hours, such a buzz. Carnage when Reids went in - i ended up in a different block - was in the corner too.

Reid needs to start, everything came from him. Felt for Robbie for he goal, he made 2 world class saves prior

I'd like to think a turning point, but this is Charlton
  • Options
    Still nobody mentioned my clitoris comment
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Still nobody mentioned my clitoris comment

I was still trying to get my head around you trying to get your head around... and felt like a bit of a fanny and gave up.
  • Options
    I was in the away end too - bailey was getting death threats from loads of nutters - truly mental knuckledraggers

crap 1at half much improved 2nd
    robbie made up for his howler by tipping the free kick onto the bar and blocking the follow up

reidy was the difference, obviously, but thought Jackson had a storming game too.
  • Options
    Jackson looked very good again
  • Options
    WSS i paid for you to see that ;-).... Would just like to say a big thanks to all the lifers i bumped into tonight, I had a really good evening . Really good atmosphere despite the not so really good performance
  • Options
    Reid has to start.

Mooney was getting some awful stick before he was subbed - some of it was over the top and having supported Charlton for 35 yrs I have seen a lot worse than him upfront, His miss from 5 yards out was bad, but he did have a good shot on the turn saved just before it.

No blame for Elliot over the goal - he had just made a couple of blinding saves before that & over this season has kept us in games with some great saves so he is allowed an error here or there..........also just seen on SSN that he made another excellent save with his legs in the second half after their free kick came back off the bar.

overall pleased with the result but still think it just papered over the cracks.............