Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pardew blames "weak" owners

BDLBDL
edited February 2010 in General Charlton
Good old Alan knows who to blame!

You really couldn't make it up.

Comments

• Options
    I saw him talking about it on SSN during the week, I had to rewind it to make sure I'd heard him right!
  • Options
    Pardew is a 24 carat hypocritical c***.
  • Options
    Tosser and a hypocrite.
  • Options
    very short memory or very f***** stupid smug tw**, must be the most hated manager in football (well on here anyway)
  • Options
    Wanker.

"Sorry I spunked all your money away Mr Murray, but it's your fault for giving it to me when I asked for it..."
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]Wanker.

"Sorry I spunked all your money away Mr Murray, but it's your fault for giving it to me when I asked for it..."

"but thanks for the pay-off you weaklings"

There's one contract I would like to take out ................ jeez this guy is unbelievable.
  • Options
    i'm sorry but if i was chairman i wouldn't give carte blanche to any of these managers to piss my money away but then the fans would then call you a meddler for not trusting the manager ....
    i guess murray got spoilt with curbs and had his fingers toes and everything else burnt with dowie and pardew ....
  • Options
    Sums up this two - faced teflon coated self indulgent conscience-free zone that is Pardew the slayer.
    How does he sleep at night?

His next life is looking like it will be pretty shitty.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Floyd Montana[/cite]Sums up this two - faced teflon coated self indulgent conscience-free zone that is Pardew the slayer.
    How does he sleep at night?

His next life is looking like it will be pretty shitty.

New Palace Manager ?
  • Options
    We can but hope that Southampton lose today, otherwise we're going to be hearing more of his words of wisdom for weeks to come.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Alan Partridge Pardew.
    What I find interesting is just how much ego fits into such a small head.
  • Options
    sorry but the mans just an absolute c***
  • Options
    AAAAAAAAArrrrrgggghhhhhh!!! He's on Football Focus and just called Crystal Palace a fantastic club.
  • Options
    Delusional? Yes we know he is.

But is he right? Yes. The directors need to have a strong vision of where they wan't to go, what players are right for the club, a strong awareness of the value of a player and his subsequet transfer fee/wages. I'm all for signing one marquee player on big wages, but his future must be in front of him and their must be a clear idea on how there's a possibility of monetising that in the future. Yes mistakes happen but signing barely average players like Talal, Faye, JFH (age) and Traore are inexcusable whilst signing potential that has proved itself to be below average in the div you're in is abysmal a la Mcleod and Varney. It is up to the directors to employ a manager with the ability to at least logically lay out his plan and path for the future. Pardew is unable to do this because the man's logic is completely contradicted by his imbecilic actions: We need players with experience in this Div - He bought an army of players with no record of success in the div.

A mistake employing him? Yes but one we almost all agreed on at the time. The real mistake was not to have written into his contract clear ramifications if we were relegated. But then allowing him to go on an acquisition phase of buying over-priced below average midgets, is as much the boards as anyone.
  • Options
    Not only did he constantly badger the board for more money but he used it as an excuse with us fans and tried to get us to back him. A complete hypocrite.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Southampton 1 Portsmouth 3 4
    Oh what a shame...
  • Options
    Thanks for that Pompey much appreciated.
  • Options
    Had 3-1 Pompey, gutted.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    [cite]Posted By: ColinTat[/cite]Delusional? Yes we know he is.

But is he right? Yes. The directors need to have a strong vision of where they wan't to go, what players are right for the club, a strong awareness of the value of a player and his subsequet transfer fee/wages. I'm all for signing one marquee player on big wages, but his future must be in front of him and their must be a clear idea on how there's a possibility of monetising that in the future. Yes mistakes happen but signing barely average players like Talal, Faye, JFH (age) and Traore are inexcusable whilst signing potential that has proved itself to be below average in the div you're in is abysmal a la Mcleod and Varney. It is up to the directors to employ a manager with the ability to at least logically lay out his plan and path for the future. Pardew is unable to do this because the man's logic is completely contradicted by his imbecilic actions: We need players with experience in this Div - He bought an army of players with no record of success in the div.

A mistake employing him? Yes but one we almost all agreed on at the time. The real mistake was not to have written into his contract clear ramifications if we were relegated. But then allowing him to go on an acquisition phase of buying over-priced below average midgets, is as much the boards as anyone.

1 - El Karkouri was not an 'average' player - he was the best central defender we had for at least a season and a half.
    2 - Faye and Traore weren't 'average' either - they were shit. And neither were signed by Pardew, they were Dowie signings. This is a discussion about Pardew, not Dowie - and not the board.
    3 - The board are not remotely to blame for player signings - that's the remit of the manager, unless you want a board full of Flavio Briatores.
    4 - Varney and McLeod BOTH finished as top scorers in the divisions they played in the year we signed them. Both of them had limited previous experience in the Championship, and both were still very young when Pardew signed them.
    5 - The prices touted for players of proven Championship experience and quality the year we came down were utterly outrageous.
    6 - How many midgets did Pardew buy? In fact, how many players under 5'10" did Pardew buy? Name them. And, even if he had bought a team full of mini-mes, see point 3 above.

Stop trying to blame our board for the Pardew and Dowie debacles. Both of them were well thought of at the time. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. It's not the board's fault they both turned out to be shite, useless tosspots.
  • Options
    ha ha ha Pardew, what a c*ck!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: creepyaddick[/cite]ha ha ha Pardew, what a c*ck!

that's what so and so's mrs said .... allegedly!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]2 - Faye and Traore weren't 'average' either - they were shit. And neither were signed by Pardew, they were Dowie signings. This is a discussion about Pardew, not Dowie - and not the board.

I blame Andrew Mills ....!

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: creepyaddick[/cite]ha ha ha Pardew, what a c*ck!

that's what so and so's mrs said .... allegedly!

You mean there's actually something impressive about Pardew after all .....?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    He obviously means that our owners were weak in not sacking him when he knew he deserved the boot in the summer of 2008, but conned the board into believing he had a cunning plan and was instead allowed to continue taking the piss until November...
  • Options
    If you send your kids into a supermarket with £100 to do the weekly shopping with & they come out with nothing but sweets & crisps is it their fault or yours for not supervising them?

Pardew certainly needed to be controlled more firmly than he was at Charlton. He is hardly endearing himself to football club directors though is he?

But do remember Pardew's law guys, nothing but nothing is ever his fault!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]i'm sorry but if i was chairman i wouldn't give carte blanche to any of these managers to piss my money away but then the fans would then call you a meddler for not trusting the manager ....
    i guess murray got spoilt with curbs and had his fingers toes and everything else burnt with dowie and pardew ....
    I think there's a big assumption on here that the manager gets the key to the vault and gets to decide how much he pays in transfers and salary, without any of the board having any idea about it. It might be a bit uncomfortable, but I think it has to be a lot more collaborative than that.
  • Options
    here's something for him:
    http://www.waterstones.com/waterstonesweb/products/richard+dawkins/the+god+delusion/5687077/?auid=1005
  • Options
    Well thats backfired on the Pr*** now hasnt it....nobody will claim that Nicola whateverhisnameis acted in a weak fashion......what goes around Al, comes around....
  • Options
    lets hope he's been found out big time for the charlatan that he is
  • Options
    Could have been a different story that first season back if we kept hold of Reid. He completely lost the plot in the relegation season though. A case of a manager who has managed to get a reputation of being better than he actually is and one who definitely can't turn a sow's ear into a silk purse. Saints might have been wiser sticking with him this season though. Still, who cares :)