Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Manager of your choice

Comments

• Dorrans would be the player I'd go for. Or Bednar.
  • 1.Sir Alex
    2.Arsene Wenger
    3.Parky ;-)
  • Red Robin

Think about it could you imagine Parky managing Arsenal or United ?
  • Martin O'Neill
  • Top three managers I'd have: MON, Sean O'Driscoll, Roy Hodgson

Top three players outside the Prem: Chris Brunt, Matty Fryatt and Graham Dorrans.
  • I'm amazed how few votes Ferguson and Wenger are getting. Given the choice between one of those two why would you chose Warnock, O'Driscoll, Davies, etc? The question is only theoretical after all...
  • [cite]Posted By: Starinnaddick[/cite]Red Robin

Think about it could you imagine Parky managing Arsenal or United ?

It was a joke...

Being serious then, my 3rd would be O'Neill
  • Ian Holloway (would get us up imo as well as contiunous comedy)
    If not O'Neill all day

As for player, Graham Dorrans at WBA looks very talented but I'd probably go for Charlie Adam
  • Players: Rooney, Gerrard, Torres
  • Obviously Ferguson senior or Wenger, but i'd like O'Neill.

Player Torres or Drogba as the striker we need.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bournemouth Addick...

perhaps longevity?

if we are doing "current day" ie. to take over now, Ferguson is almost 70

Wenger as well... great manager but comes out with some utter tripe and is an obsessive control-freak
  • Also when was the last time Ferguson and Wenger managed a team of journeymen and had no money to spend on players? Where we are now requires some different skills to those of a top Prem manager.
  • Alan Knill
    Ian Holloway
    Billy Davies
  • Billy Davies.

I'm not sure any (or many) of those managing in the prem would be able to work with what we've got, so I'd rather have someone used to working at/around this kind of level and Billy Davies is the best out there.
  • [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]Also when was the last time Ferguson and Wenger managed a team of journeymen and had no money to spend on players? Where we are now requires some different skills to those of a top Prem manager.

That was what I meant. Who in our current situation would you bring in
  • We need to stop Southampton, so it has to be Alan Pardew! No... Kenny Jacket!!!
  • Uncle Woy Hodgson.

Championship player I'd be hard pressed to look past Peter Whittingham - top scorer, and a left winger which is someone we've been needing.
  • Adkins or O'Driscoll for me although Skiverton at Yeovil is worth keeping an eye on.
  • Sir Alex all day long
  • Sponsored links:

• Can't help noticing a number of posters in this thread have gone for managers that are not suited one bit for our club in our current position.
    There are different types of managers suitable for different kinds of clubs in different kinds of circumstances...some of the suggestions have been a bit ridiculous from that aspect....we clearly need a street fighter kind of manager at this precise moment.....whereas a few weeks back we didn't.....circumstances have changed somewhat in a very short space of time.Is Parky the right man for the job in the sticky patch we've hit....well time will tell of course?
    Having said all that Parky is doing well enough with the limited resources and not inconsiderable restraints put upon him.
    I'll back him all the way until the moment arrives when (or if), we blow it.......which we clearly haven't as yet.
  • We could have gone for Martin O'Neill when we appointed Dowie. He was available and openly looking for a Prem job in mid - south of England. But apparently Richard Murray doesn't like him.

So I would also stick with Parky - stability in the relationship with the board and the players is critical right now. In theory it might be lovely to have Sir Alex or David Moyes - but it wouldn't take them long to lose patience with a bunch of not particularly talented third division footballers. Let alone the financial situation.
  • Wasn't the point of the thread that say we could attract any manager? Realistically of course a Premier League manager, especially Ferguson or Wenger wouldn't be suited to us and League One. I guess some are just thinking "who is the best manager" and not "who could you almost gurantee would do a great job in out situation.

Would O'Neill really have come here? Surely he'd see us as too similar in size to Leicester, and waited for a job like Villa anyway?
  • Dowie as manager and Ambrose as the player......

Or alternatively if they were unavialable I would settle for O'Neill as manager - as said above he has managed at all levels, proven he can do it with or without money, can spot a player, works to a formula / system which players eem able to follow (which is even more crucial the poorer the players are) and is well connected re loan signings.....and Hoolahan as player, as good as anyone in the football league (not including Prem) and would completely bugger Norwich up.
  • Jesus Sco, what's the point of anything? It's just a bit of fun. I don't imagine Muzza is scanning this site for ideas of the next manager and trying to work out if he can afford Wenger. Never have a chat about who would win a fight between a pengun and a gazelle?

Manager: Mancini (top manager, top bloke, good scarf work)
    Player: Coluccini (sp)
  • Owen Coyle and my player would be Snodgrass!
  • (If we go up) we got to go for Stevie Coppell: Nice bloke (like Parky) but a v. good manager for the Championship/PL (with experience/success in those divisions.

(If we don't go up) God help us, probably Worzel gummidge is worth a punt!
  • edited February 2010
    Alex Ferguson, it really can happen............in another universe!
  • Glen Hoddle would do it for me...just look at the youth systems he set up and the quality that come through at Southampton, Swindon and even Spurs. Even get a free spiritual healing thrown in the process!!!

Player would be Mike Flang..he could so the business!!!!
  • Thinking who realistically could be our next manager, am a fan of Tilson at Southend or Trollope at Bristol Rovers.