Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Manager of your choice

Over my tea and toast in the canteen this morning i was asked by a plum of a Chelsea fan, who, if you could have any manager currently working for one of the 92 league teams, would you have in charge at Charlton if it was up to you? Obviously putting money aside. Totally theoretical question. I came to the conclusion that i would stick with parky. So i am putting the question to the rest of you. Discuss

Comments

• Martin O'Neill - managed successfully at all levels. Learnt from the master.

Currently out of work alternative - Steve Coppell.
  • I feel over the last 10 years or so some of our managers have had a bit of a soft underbelly, even parky seems quite calm, a good firy scot would be great who wouldn't put up with below par performances, its amazing how certain managers fall on there feet ala dowie, laws and ferguson jnr. But answering the question money no object I would go for stuart pearce.
  • easy one this
    Sean O'Driscoll
  • parkie
  • 1. Parky
    2. Warnock
  • right now I reckon Warnock would take us up
  • Seriously how many Parkys lol i think he is doing a good job but you cant say he is the best manager in england

I'd say if out of the whole of England would be Billy Davies, i reckon he would be well suited to charlton and would get the most out of our team

If world only one winner, Jose Mourinho
  • Alex McLeish comes across as a good manager that doesnt stand for any crap, look what hes done with Bowyer.

or Fabio Capello if we are talking money doesnt matter.
  • It'd have to be Sir.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Fabio Capello if we are talking money doesnt matter.
    Not managing one of the 92 league clubs
  • He's got red hair but I don't care.
  • Martin O Neill or David Moyes for me.
  • [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]right now I reckon Warnock would take us up

Agree Warnock would do a good job (could be available soon apparently). But loyalty to Parky is a must at present.
  • Arsene Wenger
  • [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Me

lol doesn't really work that way when out of the 92 clubs in this leage, but i would have said the same otherwise :-) not you me though obviously
  • [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Fabio Capello if we are talking money doesnt matter.
    Not managing one of the 92 league clubs

Oh sorry, made this thread completely unrealistic now.
  • edited February 2010
    Paul Lambert or Simon Grayson, purely to derail one of Norwich or Leeds ;)

As an extension of the question, how about any player of your choice? My knowledge of the championship is fairly poor this year, but I imagine I'd go for a goalscorer like Chopra

EDIT: Only league clubs, no prem. Otherwise it's just the usual Rooney/Torres/Drogba yawnathon
  • [cite]Posted By: Sussex_Addick[/cite]Paul Lambert or Simon Grayson, purely to derail one of Norwich or Leeds ;)

As an extension of the question, how about anyplayerof your choice? My knowledge of the championship is fairly poor this year, but I imagine I'd go for a goalscorer like Chopra

Im gonna pass on Chopra and go for Drogba.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Sussex_Addick[/cite]Paul Lambert or Simon Grayson, purely to derail one of Norwich or Leeds ;)

As an extension of the question, how about anyplayerof your choice? My knowledge of the championship is fairly poor this year, but I imagine I'd go for a goalscorer like Chopra

Im gonna pass on Chopra and go for Drogba.

Oh thought it was only league, far more interesting that way
  • it does say any of the 92 clubs. I made the same fatal error by choosing Capello ;-)
  • Hodgeson has impressed me.....

I still like Alan Curbishley(gently cries, bit emotional tonight)
  • Given the constraints he has operated under I think Parky has done as well as most.

There is a manager presently out of work who knows the club and can work with little or no money but he has been there done that got the T- shirt!
  • I would choose to have Alan C if out of work managers were the word of the day!

and I'd have Danny Butterfield up front ;o)
  • I would have Adkins from scunny and a player would be Snodgrass.
  • Martin O'Neil / David Moyes
    Kevin Nolan / Matty Fryatt
  • If it had to be one of the 92 currently working to be the next Spurs manager, it would have to be Sir Alex Ferguson.

Noone comes close to achieving what that man has.
    Bearing in mind how he managed Giggs & Beckham in their early years, when he ended up dragging them out of parties by their ears and stuff, would love to see him take that stance with Jenas, King, Bentley, Lennon, who seem to spend most of their time being pictured in the Bizarre column in The Sun, rather than the back pages for their football exploits.

If I could choose anyone in the world, its a toss up between Jose Mourinho and Guus Hiddink. Both born winners.
  • Could not stand Warnock wingeing on behalf of the players psot Match, so would love Stuart Pearce as Manager and unfortunately Beckford up front
  • Alex Ferguson.