Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

L O S T

Two days!!!

Haven't looked forward to a TV series like this since... well, ever really.

Anyone else on here give a toss about it anymore? I came late to the LOST party - didn't watch a single episode until January last year, then watched the whole lot in three months!

Comments

• Options
    I've never watched it, what's it about?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]I've never watched it, what's it about?
    LOL - how long have you got? :o)
  • Options
    Thought it was back on Friday?

Not missed one.It's what sky+ was invented for.
    Knowing lost,it should be a cracking finale.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]Thought it was back on Friday?

Not missed one.It's what sky+ was invented for.
    Knowing lost,it should be a cracking finale.
    Sky is for suckers. Downloading it on Tuesday night from the US - can't wait the extra three days!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Whoopee bloody doo.Just don't start blabbing on here what happened. ;-)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    LOL - would never do that. Drives me nuts when people do it to me!
  • Options
    The butler did it......oooops!!
  • Options
    I was going to wait for Friday, but I may just crack and get in early.

I just hope it doesn't end up with it all being a dream.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite]I was going to wait for Friday, but I may just crack and get in early.

I just hope it doesn't end up with it all being a dream.
    If they snowglobe it I'm going to kill someone.
  • Options
    I think it could end in a Sopranos kind of way with the viewer effectively allowed to "imagine" their own ending.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I think it could end in a Sopranos kind of way with the viewer effectively allowed to "imagine" their own ending.
    I can't see them doing that. I've read in a couple of places that they've had the ending planned out for years - they've even had the final shot set out since the first episode. Can't imagine they'd cop out with a crappy vague ending. That would be just as annoying as 'It was all a dream' or 'it was all in Hurley's head'.
  • Options
    Do you think Lost would have been better if it was over less episodes/seasons?

I personally havent seen it but alot of mates were absolutely in love with the 1st & 2nd series. Now they seem to have completely lost interest. Six seasons is alot, and having been a fan of Prison break (which also went on for too long) im not sure i can commit to it!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Do you think Lost would have been better if it was over less episodes/seasons?

Like 0.

Oh well, looks like I'll be watching Lost on tuesday then, as all my housemates love it. DEEP JOY.
  • Options
    I found that the first few series I could dip in and out of. It might have been the third or second that quite bored me. But the fifth and sixth series as John Simms would say 'S-P-E-C-T-A-C-U-L-A-R'.
  • Options
    Ever since it started i've always thought the final scene will involve a plane crash.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Do you think Lost would have been better if it was over less episodes/seasons?

Like 0.

Oh well, looks like I'll be watching Lost on tuesday then, as all my housemates love it. DEEP JOY.
    You could always stop f***ing whinging and go out (if you can find anything better to do in Hull on a Friday night). Or, alternatively, you could just not read threads about a TV series you don't like?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]You could always stop f***ing whinging and go out (if you can find anything better to do in Hull on a Friday night). Or, alternatively, you could just not read threads about a TV series you don't like?

Friday night?? I'm pretty sure we've alraedy established that Lost is aired on a Tuesday, not a Friday.
  • Options
    In the UK it's a Friday Stuart...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]You could always stop f***ing whinging and go out (if you can find anything better to do in Hull on a Friday night). Or, alternatively, you could just not read threads about a TV series you don't like?

Friday night?? I'm pretty sure we've alraedy established that Lost is aired on a Tuesday, not a Friday.
    Aired on a Tuesday in the US. Friday in the UK. Unless your flatmates are fond of downloading the latest episode then streaming it to a big telly in the front room, it'll be Friday you need to avoid.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]In the UK it's a Friday Stuart...

Yeah but who wants to wait until then when it's actually aired on a Friday.....
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Unless your flatmates are fond of downloading the latest episode then streaming it to a big telly in the front room

Which is exactly what will happen.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Never followed a series for so long without really being clear whether it's complete shite or not.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]In the UK it's a Friday Stuart...

Yeah but who wants to wait until then when it's actually aired on a Friday.....
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Unless your flatmates are fond of downloading the latest episode then streaming it to a big telly in the front room

Which is exactly what will happen.
    Well then, like I suggested, go out.
  • Options
    If anyone wants to avoid knowing about the first episode until it's broadcast (over 'ere) tomorrow night, you might want to avoid fan sites.

I saw an article in the paper this morning that they screened the episode on the beach in Hawai'i in front of 10,000 people...proper red carpet affair with the cast. I expect that there is lots of discussion online, so I'm avoiding those sites like the plague!

And, please don't post spoilers on here without marking them as such...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Can-addick[/cite]If anyone wants to avoid knowing about the first episode until it's broadcast (over 'ere) tomorrow night, you might want to avoid fan sites.

I saw an article in the paper this morning that they screened the episode on the beach in Hawai'i in front of 10,000 people...proper red carpet affair with the cast. I expect that there is lots of discussion online, so I'm avoiding those sites like the plague!

And, please don't post spoilers on here without marking them as such...
    Yep - I've stayed well clear of the docarzt and lostblog sites since Saturday.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I've seen up to 4, and deliberating whether to bother watching 5 and 6

I find the 'mysterious' nature of it to mainly just be lazy writing and plotting. It was good for a season and a bit, but since then I get so irritated at the ridiculous amount of filler they use to pad out the limited plot points.

Once the focus started to drift off escaping the island I just found there was no tension or anything of any particular interest. They mostly just traipsed back and forth across the island, occasionally finding out stuff (although more often not) and there was just no sense of where it was all going. Whenever it starts to become clear they're just wandering around, they get some character to pop up with "If you don't do this, then EVERY PERSON ON THIS ISLAND WILL DIE" but again because the show is so 'mysterious' they never seen to have to give any reasons.

Maybe it will all become clear in seasons 5 and 6, but I don't know if I can sit through another 40 hours of it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sussex_Addick[/cite]I've seen up to 4, and deliberating whether to bother watching 5 and 6

I find the 'mysterious' nature of it to mainly just be lazy writing and plotting. It was good for a season and a bit, but since then I get so irritated at the ridiculous amount of filler they use to pad out the limited plot points.

Once the focus started to drift off escaping the island I just found there was no tension or anything of any particular interest. They mostly just traipsed back and forth across the island, occasionally finding out stuff (although more often not) and there was just no sense of where it was all going. Whenever it starts to become clear they're just wandering around, they get some character to pop up with "If you don't do this, then EVERY PERSON ON THIS ISLAND WILL DIE" but again because the show is so 'mysterious' they never seen to have to give any reasons.

Maybe it will all become clear in seasons 5 and 6, but I don't know if I can sit through another 40 hours of it.
    Maybe it's because I didn't get involved in it at the beginning, missed all the hype (deliberately, I might add) then, on a whim, decided to give it a go and watched the whole lot in one go - but I can see it for what it really is - great television, with storylines that keep you hooked, pretty good acting (for the most part) and enough mysteries to keep you going to the next episode. I think some of it is bordering on genius - some of it is nonsense (like the romantic claptrap) but, overall, it's extremely enjoyable being along for the ride.

Like I said earlier, if they snowglobe the ending I will be ridiculously p***ed off - but I don't see it happening because they've stated consistently that there will be no spinoff and no chance of the show being 'resurrected' after the ending they've got planned.
  • Options
    Brilliant show! The thing I like about it is that every now and again in s4 and s5 unexplained events in the first three series are explained. There are always twists and turns and I always find myself saying "didn't see that comming". When I first watched it I thought it was a standard desert island we need to escape show but it's so much more than that! Yes some episodes series 2 and 3 aren't great but in a series of 24 or so episodes I don't expect it.
  • Options
    Lost most interest in it now, a bit like Heroes really. Just watching it to see how it all ends & I think that may all be rather disappointingly. If it was cut down into shorter series I may have kept more interest but too many pointless episodes.

Typical of most American shows though, start well, end well...Dragged out far too long in the middle. Hope I'm proved wrong though & they think of a quality ending.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcpolo[/cite]Lost most interest in it now, a bit like Heroes really. Just watching it to see how it all ends & I think that may all be rather disappointingly. If it was cut down into shorter series I may have kept more interest but too many pointless episodes.

Typical of most American shows though, start well, end well...Dragged out far too long in the middle. Hope I'm proved wrong though & they think of a quality ending.
    Yep, money over quality. The American way. Although I think they drag on drama series quite well considering, and I love so many of them. We do much better tele in general, but the Americans completely own the rolling dramas. The Wire, Lost, Sopranos, West Wing, 24, etc, etc, etc. Incredible really.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I haven't actually followed this link...

They claim the whole episode is on youtube...that said, I would think that the lawyers would have gotten to that one pretty quickly!