Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post Match Views vs. Tranmere

124»

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2010
    when was the last time we steamed into a side ? did we go at either Orient or Tranmere ? did we go for the throat ? NO we didnt and rather than say it as that our manager is pony (but we cant afford anything better) its the fans booing ? no its that we ARE NOT VERY GOOD. I dont go down there to see a kak game i want us 2 win as everyone else does, ididnt mind if it was a naff own goal-- anything, but FFS i didntgo out the ground thinkin we played shit because 30 people booed !! we lost because we didnt play well enough to win.
  • Options
    ammended
  • Options
    I'm with Clem. I left it for the weekend as I didn't want to glorify in our obvious failings. For me, since he came back from injury, Mooney looks off the pace - lightweight and not quick enough to react to situations around him.

Lloyd Sam looked as if he didn't want to know. The full back was quick and strong in the tackle and so he decided to not try and go past him anymore. Wagtsaff was more direct, quicker and put in more decent balls in his short time on the pitch and I'd like to see him start the next game out on the right.

I was impressed with Reid - I thought he got better as the game went on - shame he was knackered when he went off, but definitely more to come from him.

Sodje won everything in the air but Burton should have scored from either his effort in the first half or later in the second. Basey is ok going forward but decidely shakey defenisvely - come back Kelly and soon!

Bailey is trying too hard at the moment - but at least he's trying and looks our only genuine goal threat. I'd like to see Shelvey playing in the middle with Bailey - both of them cover a lot of ground and I don't think we can afford ourselves a defensive shield any longer.

For me, this side should play tomorrow :

Randolph
    Richardson
    Sodje
    Dailly
    Basey
    Wagstaff
    Bailey
    Shelvey
    Reid
    Burton
    Mackenzie
  • Options
    To be fair looking backing on the highlights we were v.unlucky not to score the winner. Could have conceded too though.
  • Options
    I know, only 21 shots, 12 on target.
  • Options
    I was too busy booing Ogg to notice ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]I know, only 21 shots, 12 on target.

Im presuming they are counting Mooneys shots/backpasses in that?

We played against a team we spanked 4-0 away from home and sitting in the relegation zone. We drew 1-1. Not good enough.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]I was too busy booing Ogg to notice ;-)

lol

I see someone on the ratings thread has already marked Bailey .......3 out of 10.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bailey was poor and his goal shouldn't hide that. Effort shouldn't boost him to an automatic 6 either, you'll always get that from him. If Sam or Mooney gave the ball away as much as Bailey there'd be a huge thread for them to be dropped and they'd be getting 2s and 3s out of 10. I'll give him a 5 when I get around to it, he has played so much better.
  • Options
    I wouldn't argue with 5 out of 10 for an overall poor performance, Scoham ..... I believe that's reasonable.

But 3 should be reserved for a desperately hopeless, out of your depth, lazy, couldn't give a toss performance
    That evidently was not the case with Bailey on Saturday.
  • Options
    They have looked nervous this month and IF its the crowd, then the away matches should eliminate that problem. but bring with them other problems - the travel the home fans supporting their team to the rafters etc

But did we have our expectations met in terms of effort performance or result? Did those of us on a budget get our moneys worth?
    Coming on the back of that shower of a performance last week is it any suprise the fans are on their backs? surely the best way for them to get the monkey of their back is to string some passes together, keep some shape and communicate with each other?

Those of you who boo - my last effort was directed at Pardew in his final couple of games- do you complain if service or the meal has been dreadful at a restaurant?
    Those of you who dont, do you complain?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]I wouldn't argue with 5 out of 10 for an overall poor performance, Scoham ..... I believe that's reasonable.

But 3 should be reserved for a desperately hopeless, out of your depth, lazy, couldn't give a toss performance
    That evidently was not the case with Bailey on Saturday.
    Agree with that, the 3s for Bailey, Sam and Mooney aren't fair.

Just wanted to make the point that Bailey was poor but gets away with it more than other players would.
  • Options
    I feel like Gary Lineker on that walkers advert on the bus and gets his hose trapped in the door : (

Deflated.
  • Options
    another frustrating performance indeed. i think 4-4-2 could work if we actually had some decent crosses coming in. thats the key to this formation and this league. but sam cant seem to put in a telling cross to save his life. i think for mooney it was a bad day at the office and he is actualy an adequate player. IMO the automatics are out of reach and the playoffs are our best hope of promotion. but i cannot see us beating millwall or southampton if one of them sneak into 6th.
  • Options
    is it just me or could charlton have a midfield of Messi- fabregas- riquelme- Ronaldo and still punt long balls. YOU CANNOT PLAY IT LONG TO MOONEY!!!!! give me strength :)