Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

****Kyle Reid, Left Winger, Signs on loan from Sheff Utd till end of the season****

13»

Comments

• Options
    I recall this lad was a huge prospect at wham. Maybe this will be a kick up the arse for him and maybe could be more permanent if he gets us promoted
  • Options
    credit to PP for going out and at least attempting to resolve a problem. Im excited for Reid because his intentions seem good. He has bounced around a lot and im sure if he can impress he might just settle. At least we know we have him until seasons end.
  • Options
    Well done Parky.
    He's addressed the problem area; now let's just hope it works out for the player, Parky and the rest of us.
    I'm excited by this signing, hope he doesn't let us down
  • Options
    Well as long as he beats two men and puts in on a plate for our strikers every time he gets the ball I guess he'll get some credit.

Anything less just won't do....
  • Options
    Just had a look on the Sheff Utd-mad message board and they've not been too impressed with him:

"Reid has been unimpressive since moving from West Ham on a free in July and has only been included in the starting XI once this season, in the League Cup. His loan, which expires on the 31st May, allows his to feature for Charlton if they are one of four teams in the League One play-offs this season."

Linky:Blades Forum - Kyel Reid

One poster said: "....good move hopefully he'll get a good run i dnt think this is the end of him in a united shirt hes only realy young and im with blacky on this he is fast but that is about it! he needs to improve on his game a little so send him back to london where he is comfortable and concentrate on some football.then see how next pre season goes."

Looks like we haven't quite yet got the finished article.....(!)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]Great signing my arsse...

He's played 53 games (most of them as sub) for six different clubs (including 2 for the palarse), and he can't get into a just above average chumpionship team...

Just another 'go anywhere, play for anyone, journeyman'...

Don't go building your hopes up...

I bet you're one of the knobs who boos Shelvey.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    To be expected, he's only 23 and a winger. Noticed he's mainly gone on loan to Championship sides, League One might be the right level for him at the moment.

EDIT that was in reply to Oggy saying he's probably not the finished article
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]

Looks like we haven't quite yet got the finished article.....(!)

Are you talking about reid or the whole of our squad ???
  • Options
    For Sam & others in doubt, the lad's name is KYEL.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red God[/cite]For Sam & others in doubt, the lad's name is KYEL.

Just as well to let Lloydie and the rest of the boys know before the match :-)