Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs. Tranmere - Your Teams, Your Views, Your Fears (oh, and a poll)

2»

Comments

• Options
    With Tranmere no doubt watching Leyton Orient figuring us out after about 2 minutes, i think the onus is on PP to change it up. Go back to the 4-5-1. If played correctly, it can quickly turn into a 4-3-3. Id drop Mooney and put Racon into the middle.
  • Options
    I really hope Racon plays.
  • Options
    3-1 Win. Bring back Sodje & Racon.

Elliot,
    Richardson, Dailly, Sodje, Basey,
    Sam, Racon, Semedo, Bailey
    Shelvey
    Burton

Switch in Mooney for Shelvey and Wagstaff for Semedo with 20 mins left....
  • Options
    2-0 and Uncle's team and formation. Shelvey and Burton both in the second half.
  • Options
    No one seems to mention how Tranmere might play - just the assumption, that they're bottom half so must be sh*t.

Orient did their homework on us, - so played a high defensive line knowing we didn't have the pace up front to exploit it.
    It also meant that generally Mooney and Burton could only play off each other in relatively harmless positions, rather than in and around the Orient box.

Also by their condensing the midfield, it gave us less room to play any sort of passing game, and made it easier for them to close down and deny us space and time on the ball. And meant the game could be often played in the Charlton half and closer to our box - giving Orient shooting opportunities.

The Tranmere manager would have appreciated that as he watched and analysed the Orient game on the telly.
    So how do Tranmere play, do they have pacy front men, passing midfield or something more agricultural?

And just as importantly, we need to stretch the midfield to accomodate our old passing game, taking the game to Tranmere. Also, along with Burton as the fulcrum, we need someone pacy beside him who can play off the shoulder.
    That would push opposing defences back, giving us more room to be creative in midfield.

With particularly Llera, Dailly and Basey, we have a slow backline - which perhaps is the reason we often defend so deep?
    Perhaps, Sodje returning will inject quicker feet into the backline?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]With particularly Llera, Dailly and Basey, we have a slow backline - which perhaps is the reason we often defend so deep?
    Perhaps, Sodje returning will inject quicker feet into the backline?

That's what worries me about a Basey/Bailey combination. No pace down a wing when you've packed the midfield is all wrong.
  • Options
    Agree don't think we should go back to that. Worked at the start of the season but not sure it would now. Would rather see McKenzie on the left or Sam with Wagstaff on the right. When Youga is back Basey would be an option as Youga will offer pace down that side.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]we may have lost playing 4-5-1 but the football being played in that system was far and away better than it is now. I say bring back the original team and get passing the ball about again. Think its an easy win whatever the formation but then again i thought that Monday ;-) 3-1 win

Team
    Elliott
    Richardson
    Dailly---Sodje
    Basey
    Semedo
    Sam
    Racon
    Bailey
    Shelvey

Burton

Think I agree Unc, we should have reverted to it against the O's too.
    Still think we will win whatever formation though
    3 - 0
  • Options

Elliot

Richardson - Sodje - Dailly - Basey

Sam---Semedo
    Bailey---Reid---

Burton
    Mooney

3-0 to us. Burton, Mooney and Bailey
  • Options
    i'd go for:

Elliot
    Richardson-Sodje-Llera-Youga if fit, basey if not
    Sam, Bailey, Shelvey, Reid
    Burton, Mooney

Definately think we should try out this new winger, give us an extra dimension
    I think Llera has been no worse then Daily, although did not see the orient game. although Daily is a better player i think llera's cross balls to sams gives us another dimension going forward also and these are the games to try something different at home against a lesser team
    I would drop Semedo as i feel at home teams generally sit back against us, if they did attack i have no doubt shelvey & Bailey could cope anyway-as i said try something different for this game
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can see Parky sticking to 4-4-2

Can see McKenzie starting ahead of Mooney

Can see Sodje coming straight back in, but might just stick with Llera for tomorrow.

Can't see Racon playing, so Shelvey will probably start unless he starts Reid
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Sodje def to come back in, Reid to start

4-1
  • Options
    Stuttering draw, sounds about right. Not feeling this one. Too many teams seemingly raise their game at the valley. 1-1
  • Options
    anyone know if the match is still on? Very frosty out
  • Options
    Hope that Parky done his homework and we don't fall thier short free kick trick.
  • Options
    Tranmere are on a bit of a run at the moment, we're crab, we'll loose

I'm off to Morecambe to watch them beat Chesterfield, I won't take a radio as I don't want to know until 5 o'clock.