Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mooney

edited January 2010 in General Charlton
[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/2zf38jn.jpg[/IMG]

She's probably a better striker!

Comments

• Options
    Why do you feel the need to post that? seriously he has done well for us, although i did not see last nights match admitedley and 1 match does not make him a bad player

Makes intelligent runs, has scored a few goals, worries opposition defenders, personally i'd sign him permantley as i feel he is under-rated, who would you have in his place DFT Dicko? no way jose
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Leave it out, it's a lookalike for fuck sake.

And she probably is a better striker!
  • Options
    He was woeful last night.
  • Options
    [cite]
    And she probably is a better striker!

Great arguement btw...
  • Options
    Only 1 E in argument btw

What are you, Mooneys love child?!!
  • Options
    I thought Mooney was OK. Certainly better than Dickson and i cant see McKenzie doing much either really.

Think he still has allot to offer and will score goals and set others up as well.

Just one of those night I think.
  • Options
    Mooney hasn't looked as good as he did since he got injured. Would probably give McKenzie a go from the start against Tranmere as he has waited long enough and has looked useful when he's come on.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]He was woeful last night.[/quote]

Agreed,he was absolute toilet last night. The most annoying thing with him last night(apart from the miss in the 2nd half)was his constant failure to stay onside. It was schoolboy stuff,the Orient defence played quite high up the pitch so why did insist on staying so tight to the last man,take a step back man!! Mind you,at least when he was offside he was running,unlike his replacement Dicko,who,as someone sitting near me pointed out,was actually STANDING offside when he received the ball,on more than one occasion.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: D_F_T[/cite]Only 1 E in argument btw

What are you, Mooneys love child?!!

No i am not, oh excuse my mis-type lol

I just have always said i feel he hasn't been given the credit in the past, i feel alot of people do not realise how much he contributes. As i have said previously he makes intelligent runs which put defenders under pressure, sometimes will free up space for someone else. if he gets chances he will score, yes he isn't a natural goalscorer but like burton he can score regularly. my only criticism of him is that he does not link up with burton well, maybe because they are too similar i dont know and would obviously pick Burton ahead of Mooney it goes without saying. just if they developed an understanding of how each of them play and how to link up then i think them two would be a quality front line

FTP im sure Mooney will win you over at some point in the season and if he is to leave in the summer and go back to reading then i reckon you will miss him, a case of dont know what you have got till its gone
  • Options
    Neither Mooney, McKenzie or Dickson are suited to having long balls booted up to them & playing with their backs to goal. Plus it's harder to judge offside with passes coming from our own half. They're both better chasing the channels or balls over the top. I know that. You know that. I'm sure Parky and the side on the pitch know that. So why the fcuk did we continue pumping long balls to them?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We could do with a big thug up front so that when we hoof it at least we have someone up there that can fight for it
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]We could do with a big thug up front so that when we hoof it at least we have someone up there that can fight for it

We shouldn't be hoofing it up regardless of who is up front, we have always played better on the deck. it does frustrate me when we resort to it, but im glad we haven't been playing that way all season otherwise we would not be where we are today
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Addickson's God[/cite]either Mooney, McKenzie or Dickson are suited to having long balls booted up to them

Mooney doesn't seem to be suited to finishing from 8 yards out either on last nights evidence.

Johnnybev I admire your sterling defense of Mooney, but really was indefensible last night.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Addickson's God[/cite]Neither Mooney, McKenzie or Dickson are suited to having long balls booted up to them & playing with their backs to goal. Plus it's harder to judge offside with passes coming from our own half. They're both better chasing the channels or balls over the top. I know that. You know that. I'm sure Parky and the side on the pitch know that. So why the fcuk did we continue pumping long balls to them?[/quote]
    Agreed. We are one of the best passing sides in the division and when we play it along the floor i fancy us to beat anyone,last night was a prime example of how we cannot play,hoofing it up just doesnt work,not for us anyway.
  • Options
    I prepare to be shot at here but I thought Mooney did ok last night aside from the sitters, ok maybe only a 6 out of 10 but not as bad as some people have described. He linked up well, worked hard and got into some good positions. The lay off for Sam's first half chance was good and although he massively let himself down with the finishing, Mooney at least looked like he "could score" unlike Dickson who could have been on the pitch all night and would not have got a chance.

On another thread, someone said Mooney is a Charlton type player and the type we want at the club. I could not agree more, works hard, never hides and makes the best out of the ability he has. Unlike Dickson who against Wycombe and Orient as a sub, has looked like most of Pardew's striker signings- S**t.
  • Options
    Sam last week, Mooney this week, Shelvey most weeks he plays. Get a grip! It's a team game guys. Reading the match thread it was Bailey's fault as well for getting an elbow in the mouth.

Surprise, surprise we aren't going to win every game. Life is a bitch sometimes.

Hopefully no spelling mistakes!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]I prepare to be shot at here but I thought Mooney did ok last night aside from the sitters, ok maybe only a 6 out of 10 but not as bad as some people have described. He linked up well, worked hard and got into some good positions. The lay off for Sam's first half chance was good and although he massively let himself down with the finishing, Mooney at least looked like he "could score" unlike Dickson who could have been on the pitch all night and would not have got a chance.

On another thread, someone said Mooney is a Charlton type player and the type we want at the club. I could not agree more, works hard, never hides and makes the best out of the ability he has. Unlike Dickson who against Wycombe and Orient as a sub, has looked like most of Pardew's striker signings- S**t.

What he said.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickson's God[/cite]Neither Mooney, McKenzie or Dickson are suited to having long balls booted up to them & playing with their backs to goal. Plus it's harder to judge offside with passes coming from our own half. They're both better chasing the channels or balls over the top. I know that. You know that. I'm sure Parky and the side on the pitch know that. So why the fcuk did we continue pumping long balls to them?

Post of the year so far, can admin forward this to Parky?
  • Options
    Mooney had a very poor game last night (the worst I've seen from him by some distance) but he's been quite a good addition to the squad.....take no notice of DFT.....he's never happy unless he's singling out someone to blame and has posted other insulting stuff about Mooney recently.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Mooney had a very poor game last night (the worst I've seen from him by some distance) but he's been quite a good addition to the squad.....take no notice of DFT.....he's never happy unless he's singling out someone to blame and has posted other insulting stuff about Mooney recently.

i'll take note, as he is talking bulls**t
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickson's God[/cite]So why the fcuk did we continue pumping long balls to them?
    Good question.

To be fair I'd expect Leon to deal with them a bit better.
  • Options
    Mooney was awful last night.
    Akpo was the man we needed last night in front of goal.

Our striking options are well below par.
    And that is parky's fault.

It could cost us.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: OhsouthLondon[/cite]Mooney was awful last night.

It could cost us.

How is it Parky's fault? He's not getting anything from the board? We've scored the second most goals in the division? He's brought loanees in to fill the void? Akpo had to go back, Parky still wants him, Mooney (although poor last night) looks 2nd best in that position.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Northern_Monkey[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: OhsouthLondon[/cite]Mooney was awful last night.

It could cost us.[/quote]

How is it Parky's fault? He's not getting anything from the board? We've scored the second most goals in the division? He's brought loanees in to fill the void? Akpo had to go back, Parky still wants him, Mooney (although poor last night) looks 2nd best in that position.[/quote]

Parky is the manager.
    Therefore it is the fault of him and only him.

We couldnt score against one of the worst teams in the league.
    Nuff said.
  • Options
    stupid argument!
  • Options
    So Ferguson's rubbish because Rooney couldn't score against Leeds?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]I prepare to be shot at here but I thought Mooney did ok last night aside from the sitters, ok maybe only a 6 out of 10 but not as bad as some people have described. He linked up well, worked hard and got into some good positions. The lay off for Sam's first half chance was good and although he massively let himself down with the finishing, Mooney at least looked like he "could score" unlike Dickson who could have been on the pitch all night and would not have got a chance.

Agree with this, good post.
  • Options
    For what's it's worth, I though Mooney looked alright on the TV. Plenty of neat hold up play and accurate lay-offs. Kept making his runs, but Orient's high line and poor balls from midfield meant it was all happening too far from goal. Just another victim of the tactical battle being lost. He did miss a good chance but so did Burton.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    He's an old-school Charlton type player as far as I'm concerned.

Looks like he gives a s**t, never stops trying and I thought he showed some fantastic touches last night, such as that 1-2 with (Basey?)

Yeah he fluffed a couple of chances, but I rate him. For some reason he's one of those players certain people take an immediate dislike to, unlike Semedo who was pitiful yesterday but still had his name chanted.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: boggzy[/cite]He's an old-school Charlton type player as far as I'm concerned.

Looks like he gives a s**t, never stops trying and I thought he showed some fantastic touches last night, such as that 1-2 with (Basey?)

Yeah he fluffed a couple of chances, but I rate him. For some reason he's one of those players certain people take an immediate dislike to, unlike Semedo who was pitiful yesterday but still had his name chanted.[/quote]

Lol, I thought Semedo was Ok yesterday. In my opinion Mooney had a poor game, but to condemn him for his overall time in a charlton shirt is harsh, comparing him to Dickson fails when you consider that he had actually scored in the league for us and to claim he is no good 8 yards out forgets the goal against Hartlepool and against Huddersfield - I think. Most players had an off day yesterday, the important thing is that we brush ourselves down, poick our selves up and start a new winning run, there is loads to play for.