Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nicky Bailey's a Cheat...

edited January 2010 in General Charlton
...Discuss...

Comments

• Options
    Dont need to discuss ....FACT..Only difference is before it helped the team but tonight it cost them probably the match
  • Options
    Also when we are winning everyone keeps quiet the one time it costs us people start moaning, like the people around me, everytime he goes done easy its nice one Nicky etc last night you cheating c**t
  • Options
    Some Charlton fans completely overeact when we lose......discuss
  • Options
    Agree Valley.

There's also a lot of people that pop up only when we lose and moan. I do wonder how these people are actually supporters, it's like they are waiting for us to lose.

Pathetic really.
  • Options
    he was cheating though and plenty of people have pointed that out before after games when we've won.
  • Options
    was pointed out loads after Hartlepool Bailey rollling around cost us last night
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    How did he 'cost us that night'? We beat Hartlepool!

Bailey's our captain and arguably our best player. He's scored a hatful of goals and IMHO drives the team on.

But hang on, we lost our first home game in nearly a year so let's call him a cheat.

Insane.
  • Options
    He said "last night".
  • Options
    we lost because we didnt take our chances and we subbed the front 2 when we were in total control. Dicko was completely ineffective when he came on and his failure to stay onside was very poor.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: superclive[/cite]we lost because we didnt take our chances and we subbed the front 2 when we were in total control. Dicko was completely ineffective when he came on and his failure to stay onside was very poor.

agree, thought Burton was starting to cause some problems, when people starting saying we want Chris Dickson i did think why?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Dont need to discuss ....FACT..Only difference is before it helped the team but tonight it cost them probably the match
    As you said in the other thread, he's become the boy that cried wolf, I'm afraid to say.
  • Options
    Frankly, if I was Nicky Bailey and read some of the stuff written about himself on here I'd be off like a flash if an offer came in for me. And the same 'self righteous' Charlton 'supporters' slagging him off would no doubt be the first to call him a traitor.

Give me Fking strength!
  • Options
    How is he a cheat?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chaz Hill[/cite]Frankly, if I was Nicky Bailey and read some of the stuff written about himself on here I'd be off like a flash if an offer came in for me. And the same 'self righteous' Charlton 'supporters' slagging him off would no doubt be the first to call him a traitor.

Give me Fking strength!
    We get right up our arse about other players - particularly dirty foreigners - "simulating" and play acting. Is it not consistent to apply the same standards to our own captain? Particularly when it effectively cost us the game (and I suspect that has more to do with it than any innate sense of fair play)?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chaz Hill[/cite]Frankly, if I was Nicky Bailey and read some of the stuff written about himself on here I'd be off like a flash if an offer came in for me. And the same 'self righteous' Charlton 'supporters' slagging him off would no doubt be the first to call him a traitor.

Give me Fking strength!

Its ok he cant read...If that was the case then there wouldn't be any players left everyone gets a slagging off on here from time to time some more than others. Do you think cos its Nicky Bailey he is above criticism. If its ok for everyone else then i'm sorry its ok for Nicky
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]

Give me Fking strength!
    We get right up our arse about other players - particularly dirty foreigners - "simulating" and play acting. Is it not consistent to apply the same standards to our own captain? Particularly when it effectively cost us the game (and I suspect that has more to do with it than any innate sense of fair play)?

If it makes you feel happy ..................
  • Options
    Has anyone watched it again?

I actually thought he was punched in the face seeing it again.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]Has anyone watched it again?

he may well have been - haven't seen the incident again myself yet – but as has been pointed out on this and other threads it's now a case of the boy who cried Wolf

Parky needs to take him aside before Saturday and have a quiet word...
  • Options
    We are stating to sound like Spurs fans, FFS!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]Some Charlton fans completely overeact when we lose......discuss

Some of us can see that our results have flattered us for a long time and are concernced that we will be well and truly found out before the end of the season and worry that Parkinson is not in fact the messiah.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Thats not the point its the fact he could miraculously get up and sprint to the ref when the goal went in. Why didn't he get up and sprint to try and stop the goal. Refs are clearly aware of his playacting and are dealing with it accordingly. You cant be captain marvel then roll around like a girl (sorry girls) everytime your touched
  • Options
    However, it was not his cheating or being a victim that cost us the game it was the ineptitude in coping with Orients play into our area that led to the goal.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]

Thats not the point its the fact he could miraculously get up and sprint to the ref when the goal went in. Why didn't he get up and sprint to try and stop the goal. Refs are clearly aware of his playacting and are dealing with it accordingly. You cant be captain marvel then roll around like a girl (sorry girls) everytime your touched

I'll forgive your sexist comment, uncle, as I completely agree with you. His antics were distracting for all the other CAFC players, hence we failed to defend and it cost us.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]However, it was not his cheating or being a victim that cost us the game it was the ineptitude in coping with Orients play into our area that led to the goal.

And that has been the case for a while we have just gotten away with it before...Lets be honest how many people that go to matches haven't seen this one coming for some time
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]Some Charlton fans completely overeact when we lose......discuss

and worry that Parkinson is not in fact the messiah.

No he's a very naughty boy!!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]However, it was not his cheating or being a victim that cost us the game it was the ineptitude in coping with Orients play into our area that led to the goal.

And that has been the case for a while we have just gotten away with it before...Lets be honest how many people that go to matches haven't seen this one coming for some time
    Well there is the blind bloke that sits near me!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DaveMehmet[/cite]

I thought the point of this thread is that Bailey is the naughty boy?

;-)
  • Options

trying to look on the bright side of life!
  • Options

trying to look on the bright side of life!

Yeah you should always look on the bright side of life
  • Options
    Perhaps it was the play acting in the previous matches that cost us this evening. He did at the very least take an arm to the face and it should have been not only a foul but at least a booking. Add to this the fact that he was arguing with the ref all night long and you have a possible reason why play was allowed to continue.