Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ruud van Nistelrooy on a free transfer

Ruud van Nistelrooy has been injured this season and is making a come back with Real Madrid. Unfortunately he cannot get into their starting 11 and has been granted a free transfer. Now hear me out and don't laugh. At the moment he is talking to HSV Hamburg. He wants to play 1st team football so he can try to make the Dutch world cup squad. Supposedly he is a Charlton supporter. What would he give to play for Charlton? You never know unless you make an inquiry. Having played top grade football for 12 years he must have made a lot of money. He wants a place in the Dutch world cup squad, Charlton needs help in gaining promotion. 3 months minimum pay and I do mean minimum proves he can play football injury free and may be he gets in the Dutch world cup squad.
Charlton what does it cost you? A telephone call to Madrid, if they say no, you are no worse off.
And if you think this is a crazy idea, it's been done before; Jorge Costa, played 4 months for Charlton, made world cup squad for Portugal 2002.

PICK UP THE PHONE AND MAKE THE CALL.

Comments

• Options
    And if you think this is a crazy idea, it's been done before; Jorge Costa, played 4 months for Charlton, made world cup squad for Portugal 2002.

Wern't we a bit higher up then?
  • Options
    How about a double swoop for Benzema as well as he's mates with Youga and he's not getting a game, much. I'm sure they'd both be prepared to waive their salary for the honour of serving under Parky.
  • Options
    If Simple Simon Jordan ponies up the one hundred thousand smackers we're after, we can afford van Nistelrooy. For a week.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Lewis Coaches[/cite]
    Charlton what does it cost you?
    Erm, more than double the entire club's weekly running costs each week?
  • Options
    I said minimium pay,supposedly he is a Charlton fan prove it.Someone in his position can afford it for afew months.The players will at sometime have to give something back to the game,why can he not be that first player.
  • Options
    SiSi
    edited January 2010
    I think even the most ardent fan wouldn't choose 8k a week over 100k, regardless of how rich he is. I may be wrong, but I doubt it.

But most importantly, I don't think turning out (and even scoring goals) in the third tier of English football is going to get him that secured spot on the Dutch flight to SA that he craves.

But stranger things have happened! (I think)

I'm willing to give you odds of 200/1 - minimum bet a tenner (no maximum)
  • Options
    Okay Si i can see your point but as you say stranger things have happened.Charlton have only got to make that phone call. Thats my point nothing to lose,ask Jorge Costa he had apoint to make although he also was well payed.
  • Options
    SiSi
    edited January 2010
    True. I wouldn't like to be the one to make that call though, lol.

I quite like the idea of trying to get this story some exposure. It would be hilarious. Did you see that film where they rang up the Sun with various made-up stories, to see if they printed them? And they did. I'd love to try that...
  • Options
    Is this a serious thread? We were in the prem when Costa played, as if an international striker will come to the 3rd tier of English football when West ham and Spurs want him.
  • Options
    The wacky backy must have been out tonight I rekon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can't really remember but wasn't it a mistranslation and he was actually a Bobby Charlton fan? That might have been a joke though
  • Options
    Okay i will try another site where i can make apost where a family member of Ruud will see it,get back to you all.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    On an equally serious note, didn't Pele retire in the late seventies? I'm sure if we could get The Doc from Back To The Future to lend us his time-travelling DeLorean we could persuade him to sign on for one final season in division three after leaving The Cosmos (he'd probably even be available on a free transfer, and wages shouldn't be an issue as everyone knows footballers were only paid tuppence ha'penny and a bag of chips in them days.

Failing that, I hear Roy Race is pretty good (in a different dimension where Melchester Rovers are a real team) - maybe we should look into cross-dimensional travel to get him on a free?

Or - and this is a real long-shot - we could look into getting Amdy Faye back, as I heard he's not getting a look-in for Stoke at the moment...

EA Sports... it's in the game.
  • Options
    Our current kit looks a bit like one of the Melchester Rovers ones from the late 70's / early 80's.
  • Options
    Now listen Marco - I may be a touch colourblind, but that looks like yellow to me... :o)
  • Options
    Okay guys i am being serious but i can see the joke from the other side.What have Charlton got to lose.NOTHING.I have been on another site where the message can be found.If nothing comes of it so what .With out asking you get nowhere.As a Charlton director once said sometimes dreams do come true.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Lewis Coaches[/cite]Okay guys i am being serious but i can see the joke from the other side.What have Charlton got to lose.NOTHING.I have been on another site where the message can be found.If nothing comes of it so what .With out asking you get nowhere.As a Charlton director once said sometimes dreams do come true.
    People said Maradonna would never appear on the Italian version of strictly come dancing and look how wrong they turned out to be. I have sent him an email asking him to come and play for us on the grounds that he went to a game once and I've copied in Waggot. Not sure we'll be able to close this in time for the Leyton Orient game, but that's what I'm shooting for. I'll post up any replies.

Keep living the dream.
  • Options
    Hes been linked with stoke and Spurs i doubt hell choose league 1 charlton over the glory of the premier league, sorry mate but its a very longshot and i doubt hell ever be involded with us in any way. :( would love to have him on but.....
  • Options
    This has got to be the funniest thread I've ever read on Charlton Life
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    More chance of AFKA signing for the LA Lakers Henry becomming the new heart throb in Hollyoaks or BDL playing some decent tunes pre match or Nathan winning employee of the month at his pound shop.... ;-)
  • Options
    Be like signing a recent European footballer of the year, from a spanish giant, whilst not in the top flight.

Now that would never happen!
  • Options
    And going bust straight afterwards?...
  • Options
    wonderful and romantic idea,but just would never happen,nothing wrong with dreaming though Lewis,nothing at all.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]On an equally serious note, didn't Pele retire in the late seventies? I'm sure if we could get The Doc from Back To The Future to lend us his time-travelling DeLorean we could persuade him to sign on for one final season in division three after leaving The Cosmos (he'd probably even be available on a free transfer, and wages shouldn't be an issue as everyone knows footballers were only paid tuppence ha'penny and a bag of chips in them days.

Failing that, I hear Roy Race is pretty good (in a different dimension where Melchester Rovers are a real team) - maybe we should look into cross-dimensional travel to get him on a free?

Or - and this is a real long-shot - we could look into getting Amdy Faye back, as I heard he's not getting a look-in for Stoke at the moment...

Could be work permit problems with any move for Pele.
  • Options
    If he did sign for us we'd still find something to moan about in his play.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Lewis Coaches[/cite]Okay guys i am being serious but i can see the joke from the other side.What have Charlton got to lose.NOTHING.I have been on another site where the message can be found.If nothing comes of it so what .With out asking you get nowhere.As a Charlton director once said sometimes dreams do come true.

They have got something to lose Lewis..................the price of a wasted phone call and making ourselves look complete twats.

PS...I hope no Millsmall or Palarse fans read this thread......... they're gonna get some mileage out of it if they do!!
  • Options
    Why stop at Van Nostrilboy ?

Let's go for David James as well, he's desperate to play and what about Michael Owen ? :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chaz Hill[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]On an equally serious note, didn't Pele retire in the late seventies? I'm sure if we could get The Doc from Back To The Future to lend us his time-travelling DeLorean we could persuade him to sign on for one final season in division three after leaving The Cosmos (he'd probably even be available on a free transfer, and wages shouldn't be an issue as everyone knows footballers were only paid tuppence ha'penny and a bag of chips in them days.

Could be work permit problems with any move for Pele.
    Chaz - don't think there were many issues surrounding work permits for foreign players in the late seventies. I could be wrong, but I think he'd be able to bring his paperwork from back then to the present day and sign on under those arrangements which were in force at the time.
  • Options
    THIS IS A WAKE UP CALL FOR LEWIS COACHES - WAKEY WAKEY :-)

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp has ruled out signing Real Madrid's Ruud van Nistelrooy due to the striker's prohibitively expensive wages.

Van Nisterooy, 33, has also been linked with West Ham, who are interested in an unnamed "special player", who would want £100,000-a-week salary.

"We don't pay that type of wage here," said Redknapp. "It would break our wage structure by an awful long way.

"The chairman runs a good business and wouldn't pay that sort of money."

" Unfortunatley the deal breaker was that he wants to sign for Charlton for no wages at all".