Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Latest Films

Comments

• Options
    The Adam Project - Thoroughly enjoyed it. Feel good factor, plenty of laughs and family friendly. What's not to like?

8/10
    Agree. Thought the kid was excellent.
  • Options
    Just watched the Adam Project myself, great film... the kid is practically a young Ryan Reynolds

I fully expected it to be a typical Reynolds / Deadpool type appearance from him, but thought it was a great performance from him, something slightly different - Really enjoy it.
  • Options
    Nadou said:
    Game Night on BBC Iplayer made me laugh a lot.
    We watched that last year and thought it was surprisingly funny
  • Options
    https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/oscar-winner-william-hurt-dies-aged-71/

Real shame, he's been ill for some time. Great actor. 
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    Yeah that’s true. The Happening is still top dog. Followed by The Lady in the Water. Then Glass. 
    I take it you mean in terms of awfulness. 
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    Yeah that’s true. The Happening is still top dog. Followed by The Lady in the Water. Then Glass. 
    I take it you mean in terms of awfulness. 
    That's the only way to measure Shyamalan! 
  • Options
    Turning Red - Pixar's latest isn't great. It's decent, and perfectly fine for a younger audience. It just doesn't have that adult appeal that most of their output has. Even if it is set in the early 2000s. I found the kids in it too irritating sadly. 

It also lacks the subtlety and genius of Inside Out, which dealt in similar themes.  

3/6
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    Turning Red - Pixar's latest isn't great. It's decent, and perfectly fine for a younger audience. It just doesn't have that adult appeal that most of their output has. Even if it is set in the early 2000s. I found the kids in it too irritating sadly. 

It also lacks the subtlety and genius of Inside Out, which dealt in similar themes.  

3/6
    My missus and daughter watched it over the weekend. Missus said it led in to 'that' conversation between mums and daughters.

It's put me off watching it, that's for sure.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

3/6
    My missus and daughter watched it over the weekend. Missus said it led in to 'that' conversation between mums and daughters.

It's put me off watching it, that's for sure.
    Cor I didn't think of it from that angle. The whole thing is an allegory for girls getting to a certain age, and while that should be celebrated (it's not something mainstream movies ever go near) I am so glad I don't have a 12 year old daughter!! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just watched Phantom of the Open and nice little feel good film. Don't have to know golf to enjoy it but kept thinking BFG was the main character. Based on a true story too.
  • Options
    Has anyone seen ‘Everything Everywhere all at Once’? The reviews are extremely promising.
  • Options
    I just got half way through The Bubble on Netflix and had to apologise to my fiancé before turning it off and vowing we would never watch the second hour. 
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    I just got half way through The Bubble on Netflix and had to apologise to my fiancé before turning it off and vowing we would never watch the second hour. 
    After some mildly amusing dialogue in the first 15 minutes or so it turned into something I still believe was made as a bet to see how big of an expensively produced dump you can take and how many people will watch the dump harden 

Appalling film 
  • Options
    Tried West Side Story. Couldn’t get along with it at all.
    Same here mate. Watched it last night and didn’t like it.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    The Adam Project - Thoroughly enjoyed it. Feel good factor, plenty of laughs and family friendly. What's not to like?

8/10
    I thought it was dire, nothing new and done poorly. So bored, i stopped watching after 30 mins. 2/10.
  • Options
    Joe Bell. I didn't know the story before, despite being based on a true story, it could have been better told. It's genuinely a heartbreaking tale, but the arc was so predictable. Poorly cast with Wahlberg, the guy has such a limited toolbelt. 3/10
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    PopIcon said:

8/10
    I thought it was dire, nothing new and done poorly. So bored, i stopped watching after 30 mins. 2/10.
    I watched it with my kids. They enjoyed it. As a result, I enoyed it as well. Harmless fun and probably isn't a film directed at middle aged men.

Still, on the plus side, it got 10/10 if we combine our scores. So, that's something to be positive about.

Stay happy  :)
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    The definition of self-care. 
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Saw Drive My Car last week as it returned to my local picturehouse.
    It's not going to appeal to a huge audience as it requires time (3 hours) and patience. It's a slow film, surprisingly based on a short story, but if you have the staying power for three hours of subtitles it is a very rewarding watch. Interesting insight into some aspects of modern Japanese culture too. I love Saab 900s (the proper ones, not that GM shit) so spent half the film drooling over the car in the same way other people might over Scarlett Johansson.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PopIcon said:

8/10
    I watched it with my kids. They enjoyed it. As a result, I enoyed it as well. Harmless fun and probably isn't a film directed at middle aged men.

Still, on the plus side, it got 10/10 if we combine our scores. So, that's something to be positive about.

Stay happy  :)
    10/20 so 5* ;)
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

8/10
    I can see kids loving that film but it had a really generic look and feel about it. 

Tom Cruise was attached to the project at one point and I can imagine it working if it had a more serious tone about it, which he would no doubt bring. I'd imagine he would insist on making the poignant stuff more meaningful, and probably remove the fart jokes. But Reynolds, as much as I like him, just brings that snippy approach to dialogue that makes his films seem very samey. 
  • Options
    Just watched Dog. Was actually okay. Biggest surprise was how much weight Ethan Suplee has lost. Bloke looks totally different.
    The missus suggested this one a couple of weeks ago, I was not fussed and thought I would give it 15 minutes and shuffle off and do something else if it was rubbish. However I got into it and we both enjoyed it. 
  • Options
    Caught 'Fantastic Creatures -Secrets of Dumbledore' last night. I don't know how they've done it but all the magic of Harry Potter has utterly vanished. I found the opening half hour utterly dull, there were unlikely plot lines, no humour, and while it picked up at the end, I'll be giving any follow up's a big swerve.
    4/10
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    How are people getting on with this Framed game then? I used to think I knew my movies but I clearly need more clues than I thought. 

• Options
    Doing slightly better I'm afraid BA! Absolutely useless at the music one however. 

• Options
    Watched All the old knives on Prime last night. Spy espionage, thought it was ok.
  • Options
    Watched The Courier the other night.

Was so bad it was funny.

How did Gary Oldman agree to that? 😳
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    Doing slightly better I'm afraid BA! Absolutely useless at the music one however. 

I'm doing slighty better at the intros version.

I think all the films I've not got I haven't seen in my defence but it's especially satisfying to nail one if you've not seen it. 
  • Options
    Got round to seeing The Batman. Was better than I thought it would be and Patterson was a decent Bruce Wayne. Found it a little slow in parts, felt they could of cut the running time by 30 mins, and it may have gripped a little bit more. Will look forward to the sequel.