Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

BBC Launches Late Night TV Show "Late Kick - Off"

edited January 2010 in General Charlton
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8452891.stm

11.45pm on 18 January.

If the trailer and the Football League show is anything to go by it will be naff but likely to be some Charlton content.

Comments

• Options
    11.45pm on a Monday?

Superb.
  • Options
    Matt Holland is presenting the East of England version, covering Naarge, Upswitch, Sarfend, Norfampton, Peterbrough etc.
    Will be produced in Naarge. Cue large bunches of Canaries outside waiting for him!
  • Options
    Fancy showing it at the same time as Babestation.
  • Options
    We get Mark "Chappers" Chapman. Northern, Man Utd supporting, Scot Mills sidekick.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]11.45pm on a Monday?

Superb.

Nathan should be able to watch it then :-)
  • Options
    Do not get to excited!.... Let us wait for the contents, like paper coverage 'bigger' means bigger pictures and headlines......
  • Options
    I wonder if they'll waste half the show with Lizzy telling us that Graham from Runcorn has e-mailed in to ask Claridge if Bury are the best team in the world now they've won two in a row.

Good on them for focusing outside the Prem, but we can manage grown up assessment in the lower divisions too. Better still, extended highlights.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Paddy7[/cite]I wonder if they'll waste half the show with Lizzy telling us that Graham from Runcorn has e-mailed in to ask Claridge if Bury are the best team in the world now they've won two in a row.

LOL
  • Options
    No fair!
    How will us displaced addicks get to see it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Will be full of QPR shite.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Six-a-bag-of-nuts[/cite]No fair!
    How will us displaced addicks get to see it?
    iPlayer?
  • Options
    If you have Sky Sports or Virgin Media they have all the regional stations. I often find myself watching BBC Sheffield's weather.
  • Options
    Thanks guys. Sorted
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Vinnie V.[/cite]We get Mark "Chappers" Chapman. Northern, Man Utd supporting, Scot Mills sidekick.[/quote

Hes an irritating twat
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JollyRobin[/cite]If you have Sky Sports or Virgin Media they have all the regional stations. I often find myself watching BBC Sheffield's weather.

As you do...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Vinnie V.[/cite]We get Mark "Chappers" Chapman. Northern, Man Utd supporting, Scot Mills sidekick.[/quote

Hes an irritating twat
    But isn't that thrush ;o)
  • Options
    SiSi
    edited January 2010
    It's on now!

First shot of the series? The New Den. Doesn't bode well! Lol.
  • Options
    Looks like Chappers is prob one of the better presenters. Though with 13 clubs in the program, compared to other areas of the country which have as low as 3 clubs in parts, dont expect much Charlton coverage
  • Options
    And in the initial round-up they just said Millwall have their sights firmly set on automatic promotion this season - what a load of TOSH! Did they even bother to look at the table before they scripted that? Or did they record this last August??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    funny.. BBC yorkshires program are only talking about leeds. Bloke on there said that Leeds would rather be first, than where Charlton are.
  • Options
    North East has about how hard it is being a Darlington Fan. Not had a game since the 12th Dec. What a load of crap!
  • Options
    The Millwall comment was ridiculous. That's 17 points they have to make up on second-placed Norwich in their last 21 matches.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    And sadly didn't show anymore of the match than on the Sat night show. At least Brighty called us "We" and seemed to really care!

I was expecting in-depth analysis of Lloyd Sam's performance ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]The Millwall comment was ridiculous. That's 17 points they have to make up on second-placed Norwich in their last 21 matches.
    Mind you, I thought the comment was (to paraphrase):
    "After missing out on the play-offs last year, millwall had their sights firmly set on an automatic spot this campaign"

ie. their ambitions at the beginning of the season, as opposed to now.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Si[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]The Millwall comment was ridiculous. That's 17 points they have to make up on second-placed Norwich in their last 21 matches.
    Mind you, I thought the comment was (to paraphrase):
    "After missing out on the play-offs last year, millwallhadtheir sights firmly set on an automatic spot this campaign"

ie. their ambitions at the beginning of the season, as opposed to now.

Not what I heard, but you could be right. It seems a very odd thing to say otherwise.

Programme wasn't great, but still think the BBC deserve credit for the initiative. It's something Sky can't do and ITV gave up in London years ago (their Meridian Soccer Night was the nearest thing but the geographical range of clubs covered rendered it nearly as ridiculous as Meridian local news is now).

Incidentally, if Mark Bright was any good at TV presenting he'd presumably have got the hosting job.
  • Options
    I missed this and I am not to sure of it to be on iPlayer so if anyone recorded it on there Sky+ box or VirginHD box may you put it on YouTube if you can please :)
  • Options
    thought Brighty was very good
  • Options
    Completely forgot
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Footage on bbci player.

bbci link