Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

For those of you who think ?

Leeds will slip up this year, could you ever imagine with our squad giving utd a match like this.They are nailed on certs for automatic promotion.

Comments

• Options
    It's the FA Cup! Lets see how good Leeds are without Beckford.
  • Options
    so the rest of the team have been shite ? do me a favour
  • Options
    No not at all. I think Snodgrass, Johnson and Becchio are quality players but every time I've seen them play this season it seems that a lot of their play revolves around Beckford. It will just be interesting to see how good they are if Beckford and/or Snodgrass are sold. I think us and Norwich are still realistic challengers for the title and both automatic places.
  • Options
    Thought the centre half was very impressive....... Wes Brown probably the worst defender in the prem, lucky to stay on the pitch IMO, slow, dithering inept performance
  • Options
    Man utd were awful to be fair
  • Options
    You can see why they get so many late winners. Grit, spirit and bottle in abundance today.

That said United were pisspoor. Valencia has no left foot at all and Berbatov didnt seemed fussed.

Was hoping for another game but fairplay Leeds.
  • Options
    well done leeds but Man U were sloppy.

Remember we got the draw at Elland Rd.
  • Options
    Lol - are we turning other game results into negatives on Charlton now. A new era.

That same team struggled past Kettering in the last round.

I don't think they will slip up and will go up as convincing champions but they are not this Barcelona type team many are hyping them up to be.

Great result and great FA Cup football. Well done Leeds - don't get distracted will you...
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Leeds are obviously a much better side than us at the moment. Nailed on for the title - with or without Beckford. We can forget about catching them.

I know they were in cup-tie mode, but at least they have a cup-tie mode!

Great match.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]Leeds will slip up this year, could you ever imagine with our squad giving utd a match like this.They are nailed on certs for automatic promotion.

Oi...you're an Addick pal...we don't need to be hearing that sort of thing....anything can happen in the cup(and just has) and there's still a long way to go before the end of the season....keep the faith and 'support' the Addicks and their belief in themselves....I aint interested in how fantastic you think Leeds are compaired to us.
    We went there and got a point a few months back and they said we were the best team they had played at Elland Road so far this season....remember that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2010
    How people can judge anything on the FA Cup is beyond me.

On a side note, watching football on ITV is just shit.
  • Options
    Yeah leave it we gave Northwich Victoria a great game

This season is going to be very stressful eh
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]Leeds are obviously a much better side than us at the moment. Nailed on for the title - with or without Beckford. We can forget about catching them.

Right oh everyone let's give up shall we...come on Chunes do you honestly think Parkinson or the coaching team will be putting out that negative shyte on Monday morning....Of course they wont....and no more should you.
    Stay positive until it's done and dusted...which it certainly isn't.
  • Options
    chelsea must win the league then and Milan the European Cup by this logic as Man U couldnt beat a league 1 side.

Leeds look very strong and I wouldnt bet agianst them but long way to go yet.

This transfer window will be vital to us as well as Leeds and Norwich.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]Leeds will slip up this year, could you ever imagine with our squad giving utd a match like this.They are nailed on certs for automatic promotion.

Oi...your're an Addick pal...we don't need to be hearing that....anything can happen in the cup(and just has) and there's still along way to go before the end of the season....keep the faith and 'suuport' the Addicks and their belief in themselves....I aint interested in how fantastic you think Leeds are compaaired to us.
    We went there and got a spoint a few months back and they said we were the best team they had played at Elland Road so far this season....remember that.

HA HA HA that was umtil Norwich went there 2 weeks later and although lost played Leeds off the park.
  • Options
    I'd rather go there and not play as well as Norwich and get something out of the game.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]

Oi...your're an Addick pal...we don't need to be hearing that....anything can happen in the cup(and just has) and there's still along way to go before the end of the season....keep the faith and 'suuport' the Addicks and their belief in themselves....I aint interested in how fantastic you think Leeds are compaaired to us.
    We went there and got a spoint a few months back and they said we were the best team they had played at Elland Road so far this season....remember that.

HA HA HA that was umtil Norwich went there 2 weeks later and although lost played Leeds off the park.

What's the matter with you FFS....support the Addicks fer Christ's sake...be positive what is it with this defeatest negative stuff.
    UP THE ADDICKS!!!!
  • Options
    Great result for Leeds, credit where it's due.
    But that result won't get them promoted.

Let them go on a cup run, let them have 2 focuses. That's their problem.

Our challenge is to get 1 more point than the 3rd placed club at the end of the season.
    That's our single focus.

Nothing else, no other club ....... matters.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Great result for Leeds, credit where it's due.
    But that result won't get them promoted.

Let them go on a cup run, let them have 2 focuses. That's their problem.

Our challenge is to get 1 more point than the 3rd placed club at the end of the season.
    That's our single focus.

Nothing else, no other club ....... matters.

Exactly.
  • Options
    Leeds can run away with it as far as I'm concerned providing they beat the likes of Norwich, Colchester etc to allow us to get the other automatic spot.

As Oggy says automatic promotion for us is the focus. Nothing else.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2010
    Correct me if im wrong but they were playing against their bitter rivals!Their rivals were funnily enough SHIT!You cant just start hyping Leeds up as dead certs just because they have won in the FA Cup against their fierce rivals! I dont even think Beckford is their best player, Snodgrass is quality and Becchio is a very classy player! Yes they did defend very well today but all united seemed to do was hoof the ball up to their two strikers, I would have liked to see how good defensively they would have been against Uniteds usual attacking flair!

Oh and by the way you dont see Northwich Victoria as dead certs to win their league do you???
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]Leeds are obviously a much better side than us at the moment. Nailed on for the title - with or without Beckford. We can forget about catching them.

Right oh everyone let's give up shall we...come on Chunes do you honestly think Parkinson or the coaching team will be putting out that negative shyte on Monday morning....Of course they wont....and no more should you.
    Stay positive until it's done and dusted...which it certainly isn't.

I honestly don't think I'm being negative? I think Leeds have a better side than us and that they'll win the title. I don't see how that's an overtly negative thing to say. I also think we're pretty much locked on for automatic promotion. Where's the negativity? Who's talking about giving up!?

Honestly, some of you lot are way too quick to jump on people being supposedly """negative""" on here. I think every time someone says something even remotely along the lines of "bit worried about x", there's Henry or someone else with: "Right and we'll all be in the blue square in two years so what's the point eh?".
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]

What's the matter with you FFS....support the Addicks fer Christ's sake...be positive what is with this defeatest negative stuff.
    UP THE ADDICKS!!!!

when do i ever not support the addicks !!!! all i said was i think they are nailed on certs for promotion who wont slip up.
  • Options
    You said..."we can forget about catching them" that is CLEARLY defeatest and very very negative like I said do you think Parky and Co will be sending out that vibe...Of course not....that's very different from saying they're a better side than us....which they 'possibly' are.
    We must 'never' give up trying to catch them until it's mathmaticly impossible.
  • Options
    I'd hope Parky and Co wouldn't be saying that to the team! Luckily I'm not the manager. And me thinking that Leeds are the better side doesn't have any negative effect on the team or club whatsoever. Unless we're talking about karma or some kind of spreading 'happy-thoughts' philosophy :)

And it's only defeatist if you think that not winning the title = defeat. Which I do not.
  • Options
    Leeds winning does us a favour - that's another match they'll have to play and Beckford's goal will put him in the shop window and makes a bid for him more and not less likely. Of course they are more than a one man team, but when their main goal scorer goes, how will the rest of the team play?

In the meantime, Leeds running away with L1 doesn't bother me too much, there are two automatic promotion places at stake and as long as we get the other I don't mind.
  • Options
    But it does seem that some people are looking for negatives rather than anything positive, now it seems that the form of our rivals is another reason for the glass half-empty crowd. We've lost just two games all season, beaten teams like Huddersfield and MK Dons at home and have drawn away at Leeds and Norwich and were unlucky to not win either game - particularly at Norwich were their equalising goal was a foul, but that's life. Yet some want to highlight every negative they can find...
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]I'd hope Parky and Co wouldn't be saying that to the team! Luckily I'm not the manager. And me thinking that Leeds are the better side doesn't have any negative effect on the team or club whatsoever. Unless we're talking about karma or some kind of spreading 'happy-thoughts' philosophy :)

And it's only defeatist if you think that not winning the title = defeat. Which I do not.

Chunes do I have to remind you yet again what you said....there's nothing wrong with you saying you think Leeds are the better side...However you quite clearly said and I repeat...."we can forget about catching them"...if you think that's not negative thoughts then good night Vienna!
  • Options
    You obviously find it negative because you believe we can catch them.

I'm not sure I've ever thought we were capable of finishing 1st in this division (though most certainly second), so I don't find it a negative thing to say at all.
  • Options
    It's great to see a team from our division play and beat Man Utd, that is the whole point of the cup competitions, I loved it when we beat Sheffield Wed and gave Newcastle a hard tie at the Valley years ago, it has nothing to do with not supporting Charlton, Of course the league is what it is all about, but Leeds took the game to United and with all there prima donna fancy dans like Berbatov and Owen they did nothing, and could not stroll around the pitch and score 5 goals. One of the United players is worth more than the whole of the Leeds team on paper, to me it gives me hope that on our day we can compete, the fact that we did not compete with Northwich means that as fan's and as a club we miss out! Totally agree about promotion , that is the only thing that is important for us at present, if it distracts Leeds good......