Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bringing Home the Racon

edited January 2010 in General Charlton
Dont you think its about time we started a campaign to keep Therry Racon at the Valley?

Comments

• Options
    Sadly I doubt it will do much good. Good punning though.
  • Options
    If you feel strongly about it then go ahead and start it yourself.

Good luck.
  • Options
    I don't understand why he's being frozen out, drop in form sure but he's better than Spring any day.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: North Lower Neil[/cite]I don't understand why he's being frozen out, drop in form sure but he's better than Spring any day.
    Spring is our back up for Semedo, they're different types of players. Racon also told Parky he didn't want to play on the left. Bailey and Semedo is our best partnership.
  • Options
    If Parky wants some money to bring in a new player in during January, then he'll probably have to raise it by selling. With Bailey, Semedo, Shelvey and Spring in the squad, Racon becomes the most likely one we can get some money for without having to replace.
  • Options
    there has to be a reason for it and one that we dont have to be privvy too, if Racon wants to play he should make it impossible for parky to leave him out.
  • Options
    can't see us getting money of any real note for racon.... only two players worth over 200k in our squad and that's jj and bailey imo
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: North Lower Neil[/cite]I don't understand why he's being frozen out, drop in form sure but he's better than Spring any day.

Parky said that Racon effectively dropped himself, as he refused to play on the left, when Bailey was brought back into the middle to play alongside Semedo.

Those 2 have done very well together & I can't see it changing.

Obviously not a team player & if that's his attitude .............
  • Options
    i rate racon and hope he stays. Not in the team at present but things change with injuries suspensions and loss of form

Won a couple of man of the match award on here early season remember.

Then again if we can do some business to get someone else in then so be it. Will depend on who the other player/s are.
  • Options
    We'll regret it if we sell him
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Racon was the biggest influence on our start to the season.
    Since he has been dropped we have not looked half the side we were.

Him going is beyond stupid and its down to parky's "management" skills, or lack of.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: OhsouthLondon[/cite]Him going is beyond stupid and its down to parky's "management" skills, or lack of.
    How do you know it's down to that?

He refused to play on the left, what's Parky supposed to do, drop Bailey and play him in the middle?

I like Racon but for me he was playing much better last season, perhaps had something to prove but this season has made too many mistakes and been very quiet in games. Talented but in Semedo we have a player that does a completely different job, and Bailey who offers a more all round game, even though he's not as skillful as Racon.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: OhsouthLondon[/cite]Racon was the biggest influence on our start to the season.

Him going is beyond stupid and its down to parky's "management" skills, or lack of.

Agree Racon was a huge influence in a winning side at the beginning of the season.

But by October he wasn't so consistant, and started going "missing" in patches through the game - and strangely the team had a rough patch too.

It wasn't really any surprise that Parky decided on a shake up, with Bailey coming backinto the middle. Racon became the odd one out, shunted to LM ...... but that's just what happened to Bailey a year ago when Racon returned to the team.

The difference was, Bailey grasped the opportunity and used it to the benefit of the team, ghosting in to score goals.
    So when Racon was put LM, instead of becoming anonymous why didn't he try to turn it to his own advantage ...?

The way I see it, might not be first choice CM but Racon needn't be out of the team ...... but it's only one man's fault that he's not playing at the moment.

Therry Racon - have a word with yourself.
  • Options
    Spot on Oggy and the way i see the situation. However i believe Racon will be gone within a fortnight.
  • Options
    jj and bailey our only players worth over 200k?

semedo racon and sam are all worth at least 500k apiece.
  • Options
    agree semedo and racon worth well over 500k
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: OhsouthLondon[/cite]Racon was the biggest influence on our start to the season.

Him going is beyond stupid and its down to parky's "management" skills, or lack of.[/quote]

What lack of management skills? management skills that has got a team that was lacking in confidence and shape to improve performance and then this year get to 2nd in the division with zero money, lack of management that turned Burton into a goal scorer as oppossed to a turkey, lack of management that has put team before individuals. Parkinson to be fair is not a Fergusson, or tactically a Curbs, although he does seem, imho, to be a better man manager than Curbs, but he is not a Dowie or Pardew and for that we should be eternally grateful.

If we fail to be promoted this season, look beyond Parkie - look to the support he had financially compared to our challengers - how many new players have both Southamptom and Norwich or even Colchester bring in, look to the uncertainty of the club - we are firtunate to be in the position we are in and that is down to the manager and the players. Lack of Management skills - total joke!
  • Options
    Certainly Racon is talented but he`s out of the team because we have Semedo and Bailey who are ahead of him for a central midfield start. He won`t play on the left side so can`t get a game. If him leaving means we can actually strengthen the team by signing a left sided midfielder like Puncheon then so be it. Charlton are a club who can no longer afford the luxury of having players who won`t play where they are asked.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Certainly Racon is talented but he`s out of the team because we have Semedo and Bailey who are ahead of him for a central midfield start. He won`t play on the left side so can`t get a game. If him leaving means we can actually strengthen the team by signing a left sided midfielder like Puncheon then so be it. Charlton are a club who can no longer afford the luxury of having players who won`t play where they are asked.

Spot on SHG.
  • Options
    Dont forget our history from previous transfer windows! When we have let good players like Racon go in previous seasons it has meant a drop in form of the whole team! And always in the January window! Love him or hate him he can be influentual and why oh why was he not put in place of Semedo when he had to drop back into defence to cover! Oh thats right he played Spring instead who in my opinion is not in the same class!
    Strikes me its not just Racon playing mind games and really the manager should put an arm round his shoulder and tell him how important he is for the second half of our relegation push!
    Anyone wonder why we dont try 5 in midfield with two proper wingers and Semedo Racon and Bailey in the middle?
    We dont want to get sucked into loads of loan signings after selling a couple of good players for example Racon and Sam or even JJ who also appears to be out of favour! Strikes me we should learn from the mistakes made in the last few seasons in January! I hope I'm wrong!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't think you will see many players move for any fee in the current climate - particularly in league 1

Clubs are pruning their squads and there will be good players available for no fee - as we have seen Parky take advantage of.

I think a number of our players could have been worth £500K 18 months ago but can't see any club paying money for them at the moment.

It's a buyers market.
  • Options
    It will be a shame to see Racon go, A class player who whould be walking into our side. Sadly it would appear (and i appreciate I have no inside info so any viewing from the outside) that he has refused to play on the left where I think he looked pretty good on a couple of occasions and has effectively dropped himself from the team. At the moment we simply can not afford to have players that are prepared to be picky about where they play, no good for morale or for the team as a whole.

Ultimately it will depend on the calibre of player Parky replaces him with (assuming he does go).

[quote] If we fail to be promoted this season, look beyond Parkie - look to the support he had financially compared to our challengers - how many new players have both Southamptom and Norwich or even Colchester bring in, look to the uncertainty of the club - we are firtunate to be in the position we are in and that is down to the manager and the players. Lack of Management skills - total joke! [quote]

Not sure I agree entirely with that statement - as I beleive it we are the second highest wage payers in the div so financially we pay our players (quite a bit) more than Southampton, Norwich & Colchester.
  • Options
    I think hes good.... better than most in this division....

there always tends to be a couple of players that get frozen out, just to emphasise the Managers authority, it seems this fella might be one of those....

can he see we havnt got any money and our options are limited, cant he take one for the team???
  • Options
    It was interesting seeing the difference in approach from a top manager with huge resources - Ancelotti - over a player who has (relatively) flopped - Malouda. Had a quiet word, discussed each other's point of view, resolved it and he's back in the team and scoring. I appreciate there's slightly different circumstances, but this would strike me as the ideal way to resolve a workplace issue.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: valleyman[/cite]as I beleive it we are the second highest wage payers in the div so financially we pay our players (quite a bit) more than Southampton, Norwich & Colchester.

There's 2 reasons for that:

1) We still have a number of players on Pardew's Championship contracts ....... Moo2, McLeod, Semedo, Racon, Bailey, Youga, etc. Plus Sam who signed a 4 year contract under Dowie in the Prem.

The club just can't change their contracts and pay them less. It's been said Moo2 is on £8k a week (Motherwell have been paying £2k of that); the others must be on much the same. Bailey as our Captain Marvel was rumoured to have been given financial incentive to stay last summer.

So all these players are likely to be paid far more than the average League One player.

2) Ever considered why Parky was able to attract experienced good quality players in his time here?
    Well, of course, the club must be offering them a bigger contract than they can get elsewhere in League One ..... players like Dailey, Burton, Llera, Richardson, Sodje, etc

How can the club afford this?

Simple. Instead of paying a transfer fee to sign a player in contract, they sign players out of contract.
    Now the club can use the money not spent on transfer fees to offer the player a better contract - signing on fee and wages.

Ever wondered why Parky has never spent a penny on transfer fees?
  • Options
    Racon and Semedo are different players playing different roles.

Racon is an attacking, creative midfielder.

Semedo is a converted defender doing the holding CM role.

They are not interchangable.

We have tried a number of players wide left and only Bailey has been really effective. So PP wants a LM player and it was hinted at that Racon MIGHT be used in a swap for such a player.
  • Options

In what way has he been 'frozen' out? It's only been about 5 games since he last played. Can't see how this constitutes a couple of the "he'll be gone within 2 weeks" comments above.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]It was interesting seeing the difference in approach from a top manager with huge resources - Ancelotti - over a player who has (relatively) flopped - Malouda. Had a quiet word, discussed each other's point of view, resolved it and he's back in the team and scoring. I appreciate there's slightly different circumstances, but this would strike me as the ideal way to resolve a workplace issue.

??

Was this before or after Malouda has criticised Ancelotti's preferential treatment of Frank Lampard and hinted in the press that he would have to leave Chelsea?
  • Options
    I was not there but did Racon not play well on the left v Leeds? it is a massive shame if the reports are to be believed that Racon has refused to play there as I think he could do a great job there, would add balance to the midfield and offer Basey good protection. Since Bailey moved into the middle and Youga has been injured, Basey has done ok but gets caught out and exposed too much. Also if Racon started on the left and it was not working, he could always interchange with Bailey if things needed mixing up
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]It was interesting seeing the difference in approach from a top manager with huge resources - Ancelotti - over a player who has (relatively) flopped - Malouda. Had a quiet word, discussed each other's point of view, resolved it and he's back in the team and scoring. I appreciate there's slightly different circumstances, but this would strike me as the ideal way to resolve a workplace issue.

??

Was this before or after Malouda has criticised Ancelotti's preferential treatment of Frank Lampard and hinted in the press that he would have to leave Chelsea?

That happened last week, and he played yesterday, so I'd guess so.