Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Someone help me (job pay query)

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Nathan you are quality ...You say you did 14 hours ..You said they were 7hrs on the 12th and 6hrs on the 13th. No wonder your only getting 11 quid

Same thing really

How is 7hrs on the 12th and 6hrs on the 13th the same as 14 hrs?
  • 13 and 14 are both numbers. I think that's where the confusion may have arisen.
  • In my experience, most payroll errors are down to the line manager not putting the hours through properly. Should be easily remedied though, once you understand how you are paid (week/month in arrears, and when the payroll deadline is). If it's a genuine mistake, most companies will give you some kind of advance whilst putting it right in time for the following payday.
  • Oh my god your unreal...So you got £11 but really it was £250 ....same thing really
  • why take the piss? its his first job and hes asking for a bit of help as he don't know what to do!
  • [cite]Posted By: Mike[/cite]why take the piss? its his first job and hes asking for a bit of help as he don't know what to do!

Well give him the advice then. Explain to him that 7+6 aint the same as 14
  • well okay he deserves that lol I can't give him advice as i have no idea what his company have done!
  • Nathan has been on here awhile mike he can take it, look up the thread for the coach trip to derby last year and you will get a good understanding into the leg end that is nathan.
  • What you need to do Nathan is storm into the store managers office and bang on his desk while screaming "show me the money".
    When he tells you to f**k off out of his office, kick his desk, call him a c*nt and tell him you'll send the boys round and if he likes his knee caps, he'd best "sort it".
  • I wish i was being taxed £2.50!
  • Sponsored links:

• Nathan - It will depend on what the phrases Reference pay & Hours adjusted mean internally (by which I mean how your employer defines them). Armed with this information I/we may be able to help.
  • edited December 2009
    1. Re-read your contract of employment

2. Stop asking people on here for advice when they don't work at the store and haven't seen the contract of employment.

3. Start asking the people you work with and preferably your manager to explain the pay slip to you. Find the part of your contract or letter of appointment where it says £5.85 and take it with you so you have some facts to back you up.

4. Stop assuming that just because something isn't the way you expected it to be that it is wrong. Maybe you have got it wrong and maybe they have.

5. Next time pay attention at your induction and ask some questions then, not afterwards

6. You have to pay tax.
  • Off_It wins Post Of The Month with:

"13 and 14 are both numbers. I think that's where the confusion may have arisen."

PMSL
  • I would phone the.........oh, yeah.
  • Henners, I still can't believe anyone employed the plank in the first place. Despite assertions to the contrary, I still think it's Dowman on a wind-up...
  • WSSWSS
    edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Henners, I still can't believe anyone employed the plank in the first place. Despite assertions to the contrary, I still think it's Dowman on a wind-up...
    A number of has have met him unless Dowman, as well as having multiple logins, has now managed to take it a level up and metamorphose into a teenage boy on occasions.
  • [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Henners, I still can't believe anyone employed the plank in the first place. Despite assertions to the contrary, I still think it's Dowman on a wind-up...

Some of us have met Nathan and he is for real.

IMHO he is a very young 18 and like many young people is finding the first step into the world of work a bit daunting. But he doesn't do himself any favours by shouting the odds on here before he's even asked his manager.
  • I know it's harsh but i can't help but laugh at the fact you got paid £11 for 14 hours work! 7 year old kids sewing footballs in Bangladesh earn more than that!

But on a serious note mate, you say your boss is in today so just ask him, we haven't seen your contract or your terms so we can't really help.
  • I dont know whether to laugh or cry.
  • [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]I would phone the.........oh, yeah.
    lol
  • Sponsored links:

• Yes I got paid a magnificent £11.18 today, gonna phone up in a min and see whats up
  • don't spend it all at once mate.
  • [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]Yes I got paid a magnificent £11.18 today, gonna phone up in a min and see whats up

can you lend me a tenner mate?
  • [cite]Posted By: NathanPrior[/cite]Yes I got paid a magnificent £11.18 today, gonna phone up in a min and see whats up
    Can you lend me £1.18?
  • Can you lend me $1 plsss
  • Curb_It, I know exactly what you mean B. On one side there's the mean heartless bunch, then you have the helpful well-meaning outfit and Nathan's in the middle of it all probably not knowing one from the other! Life is going to be a steep learning curve for him, I feel.
  • I flit between the two - I try to help, but get frustrated and join the mean heartless bunch...
  • By the time he paid for his travel and his lunch, he's probably lost money!!
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Henners, I still can't believe anyone employed the plank in the first place. Despite assertions to the contrary, I still think it's Dowman on a wind-up...

Some of us have met Nathan and he is for real.

I've met him but i'm not so sure i agree ;-)
  • Woah Nathan doesn't seem to have 'shouted the odd's he's just asking for a bit of advice. Though he may be a little confused. If the doesn't know anyone that is a bit more savvy than it's fair enough to ask for some help.

Firstly Henry he may not have to pay tax. Nath you're on target for well below the personal tax allowance. If you are a student you can ask ask your employer for a form P38(S), which excludes you from paying tax and NI if you earn under the £110 weekly NI threshold. That form is only supposed to be used for 'holiday jobs' but in actuality is applied all year round; legally it shouldn't be. All it means is you don't have to claim back your tax after April 2010, as you won't be paying any if you earn less than £110 a week! Here's a little more advice:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/EducationAndLearning/UniversityAndHigherEducation/LifeAtUniversityOrCollege/DG_10035694

Unfortunately as I remember it if you have come out of full time education with no P45 from a 'holiday job' then you''ll have to fill out a P46. Many employers seem to make no attempt to bother with this as payroll are probably to lazy to deal with this. It's just easier to bang you onto emergency tax status and then you have to deal with getting your money back. Still if you work for a decent company of over 50 employees they should get the P46 info off you, and forward it to HMRC for your correct tax code. Here's an interesting website with some info for you:

http://www.litrg.org.uk/help/students/faqsandcasestudies.cfm#nop45

Most of what Henry says is good advice. Investigate the issue yourself and do some research, without that asking for help or resolution is unfocused and slow. Start off with directgov for many of these issues and for tax issues use HM Revenue & Customs site.