Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tickets Update

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Any statto's out there know what the other away average's are in this league?

We are currently third, below Leeds and Southampton and marginally above Norwich (though i expect that to reverse over the rest of the season.

The average away following for the whole division is 826, Oldham have the lowest average with 244, and 12 clubs have an average of less than 700.

Another factor would be travelling distances..i would imagine Southamptons away games are further distance's than Leeds & us.(if that makes sense!)
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]you won't get 2,500k Charlton going to Millwall in my opinion. I know of quite a few that will stay away. Shame, but there it is.

I doubt 2.5m Charlton fans would fit in Millwall to be honest LA. :-)

and oohaah, I take it you go to every away match there is - then I'll let you moan that others don't follow suit.
    otherwise it's very unfair of you to critisise our away support, shush yourself and get a job outside the ticket office pleeing fans to buy away tickets.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Any statto's out there know what the other away average's are in this league?

We are currently third, below Leeds and Southampton and marginally above Norwich (though i expect that to reverse over the rest of the season.

The average away following for the whole division is 826, Oldham have the lowest average with 244, and 12 clubs have an average of less than 700.

Oldham must have pretty low home crowds as well to be offering this. Tickets for 2 quid!

Cheapo
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]did you no palace once took 750 to the den,and didnt sell out at the withdean a few years back,what do you think about that oooooooh ah

i think that's poor but i also know that the two seasons we just spent in the championship palaces average away following was larger than ours on both occassions despite us having considerably larger home support

whether i go or not doesn't change my views on our away support ....
    as a rare away season ticket holder(in the premeiership) and someone who has visited 70ish grounds with charlton and having done every game in the seasom in the late 80's i'm more than entitled to my opinion as everyone else is to theirs ....
    for the record i have been to 4 away games this season and saturday will be my 5th ....
    as someone with a young family i understand it isn't easy to get to games but i don't understand why our support is so different home/away ratio to other clubs
  • Options
    ....and i don't think you'll ever find the answer mate. So not much point pursuing it.
  • Options
    I've been to six away so far and have just bought tix for brentford and Walsall

Gonna be going up on Saturday but meself and Rothko are gonna buy on the day to be honest
  • Options
    christ thats a long time to spend with rothko, hope you recover in time for christmas.
  • Options
    Stockport 456
    Brentford 1,193
    Walsall 307
  • Options
    we took over 4000 to Millwall back in the early mid 90's if I remember correctly...thats the most I can ever remember us taking to them....
  • Options
    This 'number of away fans' bingo, is it for a line or a full house....?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    2 whole tickets sold for Stockport since this thread began!
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    evidently to two nutcases as well!

surely leaving it this long in the circumstances, it's worth paying on the gate and not having to contemplate a potentially unreachable rearranged fixture!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]as someone with a young family i understand it isn't easy to get to games but i don't understand why our support is so different home/away ratio to other clubs

Tell you what Oohaah, how about we mount a campaign to disuade fans from attending home games? I know Mr Pardew had a half-hearted attempt at this a year or so back, but we could really go for it this time by, for example, closing all but the North Lower and severely restricting capacity.

On the downside this would obviously have a knock-on effect in terms of revenue and would almost certainly result in us going bust , but on the plus side it would improve the home/away ratio no end and might finally stop you going on about it old son!
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    is there a minimum requirement in the numbers of away games that you've been to this season to comment on this thread?
  • Options
    I have been to just 1 away game this season but when I called the ticket office earlier today they persuaded me I had been to 2 (which I haven't) and sold me a couple of Brentford tickets !

Or am I in the wrong thread ?
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: PL54[/cite]I have been to just 1 away game this season but when I called the ticket office earlier today they persuaded me I had been to 2 (which I haven't) and sold me a couple of Brentford tickets !

Or am I in the wrong thread ?

You can now buy Brentford tickets without having been to any away games this season, if you are a season-ticket holder or a Valley Gold member.
  • Options
    It does say a lot about our support that the seating tickets went so much quicker than the standing ones!!! its all about the terracess!
  • Options
    that might be also related to the fact there are twice as many standing as seating...
  • Options
    Just 70 seats and 900 terrace places of Charlton's 1,800 allocation remained at 9am for the match at Griffin Park on Monday, December 28th (3pm).

sounds to me like 100 terrace tickets got sold and loads of seats? unless im wrong.
  • Options
    oh right i hadnt read that, although that does work out at 300 terrace places not 100, but i agree with you, annoys me, terracing is vastly preferable, especially for an away london derby, goes some way to explaining the poor atmosphere our supporters generate, sadly even sometimes at away games - many of the supporters aren't up for a singsong etc.... mind you, at least they are travelling at all...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think is says a lot that all the seats were snapped up first. Flask/Blanket brigade innit. But thats fair enough, they pay their money etc etc.

Our away support has always (since I've been going since 1983/4) been pretty rubbish in terms of numbers. I even remember one year at Fulham wondering if people got the kick off time wrong, it was that poor!

I've been Millwall away 6 times and only once or twice have we taken decent numbers for a local derby.

But you have to accept that no-one really wants to go over there. Even their own fans don't!

I know a Spanners fan living in Welling, in his late 50's, who misses out games like Leeds etc as he says *he* can do without the hassle!

So with that in mind don't be overly surprised if we take less than 2,000.
  • Options
    I think the pricing is a bit odd at Brentford - £1 difference between seats and standing. But as of tonight we've sold all 600 seats and about 600 terracing places. It's hardly surprising if the people who want to sit buy earlier if there are only half as many places.
  • Options
    True and especially for you older folk.
  • Options
    Airman you mentioned the 71/72 game earlier in the thread, do you have the recorded attendance? My memory was that it was about 30,000, Millwall won 2-0 Derek Possee scoring twice for them and when they scored it appeared that thye had 29,000 of the fans - or was that just a bad dream?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]True and especially for you older folk.

bollocks i take my son with me to 90 % of the away games i attend.I have been to Brentford before and the standing is extremely shallow,the only way he is going to be able to see anything is for us to get a seat,or for us to be in the ground at 2 when i want to be in the boozer.I aint a flask bridage and intend to be rightly lashed up by the time i take my seat although i will probably be standing for 90 mins.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]True and especially for you older folk.

bollocks i take my son with me to 90 % of the away games i attend.I have been to Brentford before and the standing is extremely shallow,the only way he is going to be able to see anything is for us to get a seat,or for us to be in the ground at 2 when i want to be in the boozer.I aint a flask bridage and intend to be rightly lashed up by the time i take my seat although i will probably be standing for 90 mins.

standing in front of someone else's son no doubt, so he can't see!
    ;o)
  • Options
    Tsk, youve taken seats from the older folk who may need them.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite][quote aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0][cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]True and especially for you older folk.[/quote]

bollocks i take my son with me to 90 % of the away games i attend.I have been to Brentford before and the standing is extremely shallow,the only way he is going to be able to see anything is for us to get a seat,or for us to be in the ground at 2 when i want to be in the boozer.I aint a flask bridage and intend to be rightly lashed up by the time i take my seat although i will probably be standing for 90 mins.[/quote]

love that attitude nss, utterly disgusted to be tarred with the flask brigade label and getting hammered pre-match - lad. we need some more of that from the others who tend to opt for the seating / sitting down option when it is available
  • Options
    I'll be standing with my flask & blanket , my lucky humbugs and even luckier halftime banana ....

Don't knock it 'til you've tried it.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Fanny Fanackapan[/cite]I'll be standing with my flask & blanket , my lucky humbugs and even luckier halftime banana ....

Don't knock it 'til you've tried it.

Food, drink, warmth, comfort and a banana that gets lucky.
    All bases covered eh, Fanny ;-)