Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tickets Update

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: kinveachyaddick

Fulham are at Burnley on Saturday - a new ground for them and a Premiership fixture to boot

do you want a £20 charity bet (for Delmeza) that we have more at Stockport than they do at Turf Moor?[/cite]
    [cite]

i'll do a £20 charity bet that fulham bring more than the 260 we brought there on a saturday in january last year[/cite]

can't go for that I'm afraid!

even Fulham, whose away following IS pathetic, should be able to just about cobble together 300 or so, so I'l have to pass...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]

i'll do a £20 charity bet that fulham bring more than the 260 we brought there on a saturday in january last year

that wasn't the bet.

If you're going bore everyone at least go with it !

Agreed, very boring.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]

i'll do a £20 charity bet that fulham bring more than the 260 we brought there on a saturday in january last year

that wasn't the bet.

If you're going bore everyone at least go with it !

oh sorry i didn't just do whatever bet he wanted ........
    unreal an away thread talking about the size of away followings who would have thought it ;-)

guess what you don't have to read it!!

anyway when curbs was manager..............................................
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Think I may next some tech help? Everytime Oooaahhh posts all I see is the following?

[cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah

Any ideas??
  • Options
    fbp_blank_bingo_card.png
  • Options
    bit early to be drinking isn't it ??
  • Options
    F**k me you really are boring
  • Options
    i'd rather not and ditto
  • Options
    Lol - why do people bite?

He's about to embark on two away game on the trot as well, he was very complimentary about our away support when I saw him at Brighton.
  • Options
    i deal with the truth and facts(boring ones at that) WSS and no one likes it ... i apologise to those who get the hump but until the away numbers add up to the home numbers i will continue my boring crusade of mentioning away followings at every inane moment
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2009
    but if you go to home games and not away games then surely you are part of your own statistical campaign? You are exactly the person you are citing should be going to more away games!
  • Options
    i apologise to those who get the hump but until the away numbers add up to the home numbers i will continue my boring crusade of mentioning away followings at every inane moment

but why though mate ?

you know it doesn't achieve or change anything and winds everyone else up, so why deliberately go on about something you know is going to get others biting ?

Surely the self-pleasure of being deliberately provactive and getting a reaction must have worn off a couple of years ago ?

For the record, from 10 away games this season we are averaging an away following of 1,473, which if continued to the end of the season may well prove to be the biggest away following over a season in our history. Six out of the ten have had followings well in excess of 1,000, as would Brighton if they had the capacity.

There have been plenty of times you away support digs could have carried some weight, this season isn't one of them.

If you really do feel as strongly about it and are not simply fishing for a reaction, then come up with some proposals on how we can get more people travelling away.
  • Options
    Brentford now standing only.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    i'm not trying to get a reaction , i'm just confused as to why our home/away support ratio is so so different to almost every club in the country ....
    and i think we have had some good away followings this season orient being the most impressive and have mentioned that fact but i also think less than 400 at tranmere and just over 500 at hartlepool and what looks like a low number at stockport is really bizarre considering the teams positioning/new ground stuff etc ...
    people have different things to do families etc but why is our support ratio so different to everyone else ......
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]i'm not trying to get a reaction , i'm just confused as to why our home/away support ratio is so so different to almost every club in the country ....
    and i think we have had some good away followings this season orient being the most impressive and have mentioned that fact but i also think less than 400 at tranmere and just over 500 at hartlepool and what looks like a low number at stockport is really bizarre considering the teams positioning/new ground stuff etc ...
    people have different things to do families etc but why is our support ratio so different to everyone else ......

personally I enjoy the banter with Ooh Aah - sometimes he's right and our numbers are disappointing - Tranmere on a sunny afternoon in August being a good example and sometimes I think he's wrong - Stockport on a cold Saturday before Christmas being one hence my offer of a wager plus the fact there's been CAFC in home areas at Gillingham and brighton to name two this season as well as Colchester having to give us extra tickets and sell on the night

p.s after his counter-wager I couldn't resist ringing Fulham - they've sold 287 for Burnley so far...
  • Options
    JTJT
    edited December 2009
    Less than 400 at Tranmere was 399!

And that day (i remember as i went) was an absolute nightmare travel wise.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Less than 400 at Tranmere was 399!

is that < or > ??? than 400

ha ha kinv you are as sad as me , i was hunting on the fulham website but couldn'tfind a number and got side tracked!!
  • Options
    Apparently the crowd control officer at Gillingham estimated over 800 Charlton in the Gillingham end so that would knock our showing up there to well over 3K.
  • Options
    did you no palace once took 750 to the den,and didnt sell out at the withdean a few years back,what do you think about that oooooooh ah
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]i'm not trying to get a reaction , i'm just confused as to why our home/away support ratio is so so different to almost every club in the country ....

The thing that gets me (and probably others) is you constantly go on about our away travel yet rarely go away yourself. Moaning about Stockport away, close to xmas, when people don't even know if the game will go ahead is pointless. I could understand it if you were an away regular but you are in actual fact moaning about people who are just like you who go to home games but rarely venture away. Practise what you preach.

And to be fair although we all know our numbers are usually poor away, this season an away average of almost 1500 from a home average of 17k isn't too bad really.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]

The thing that gets me (and probably others) is you constantly go on about our away travel yet rarely go away yourself. Moaning about Stockport away, close to xmas, when people don't even know if the game will go ahead is pointless. I could understand it if you were an away regular but you are in actual fact moaning about people who are just like you who go to home games but rarely venture away. Practise what you preach.

And to be fair although we all know our numbers are usually poor away, this season an away average of almost 1500 from a home average of 17k isn't too bad really.

if all of the 15000 home supporters had been to 2 of the away matches this season (as i understand oohooah has) then we would more than double that average.

so in conclusion, oohaah goes to double the amount of away games than the average fan.
  • Options
    To be honest,our home gates are very good.

I have been impressed with our away followings this season.

But will have the hump if we dont sell out at millwall away.

Be great to meet up b4 this one fellow lifers
  • Options
    Any statto's out there know what the other away average's are in this league?

I wonder what Norwich's away average is seeing as they get 25k every home game?
  • Options
    I would say we are about 4th in the away followings table behind:

Leeds
    Norwich
    Southampton.

Which would work out in accordance to home attendances. These 3 are also cities.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]To be honest,our home gates are very good.

I have been impressed with our away followings this season.

But will have the hump if we dont sell out at millwall away.

Be great to meet up b4 this one fellow lifers

The trip to South Bermondsey will seperate the men from the boys!

Can't wait myself. Will be interesting to see if they only give us the upper tier which would limit our tickets to 2,500 or so
  • Options
    you won't get 2,500k Charlton going to Millwall in my opinion. I know of quite a few that will stay away. Shame, but there it is.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Any statto's out there know what the other away average's are in this league?

We are currently third, below Leeds and Southampton and marginally above Norwich (though i expect that to reverse over the rest of the season.

The average away following for the whole division is 826, Oldham have the lowest average with 244, and 12 clubs have an average of less than 700.
  • Options
    we always bring decent numbers there.
  • Options
    I have one spare ticket for sale for brentford game (seating area) if anyone is interested,for face value (£21)
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    The reason we are able to run coaches from Hastings - and sometimes Worthing & Brighton - is that the supporters' club branches in those areas canvass support and come to the club with a viable proposition, i.e. we have 30 people who wish to travel already, will you put on the coach? It also helps that the Sussex coach company is based in Hastings, so they don't incur costs running to the first pick-up.

As some people will know, the supporters' organisation in East Kent disappeared a couple of years back. The numbers travelling on the away coach from Canterbury and Faversham dwindled as the team fell down the divisions. We would also have to pay extra to start at Canterbury because the Kent coaches come from Gravesend and therefore have to run in the wrong direction to start their journey. Having said that, I would like to restart a service to the more attractive games from Canterbury and Faversham and I am willing to extend as far as Thanet, if there is sufficient interest. The coaches can usually fill up closer to The Valley, but we do need a dozen or 20 people travelling to make the additional mileage worthwhile.