Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Word of the Decade?

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]innit

Its spelt init init :-)
  • Options
    Racism.........closely followed by global warming/climate change delete as applicable.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]innit

Its spelt init init :-)

dunno izit
  • Options
    Cool
    Download
    Upload
    Katie Price
    Tube.8.com
  • Options
    Whatever!
  • Options
    Minger

Palarse

Doin' a Charlton (has two very polarised meanings)

Sha la la la la la la la
  • Options
    Wibble
  • Options
    Minger
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]The Washington Post has published the winning submissions to its yearly contest, in which readers are asked to supply alternate meanings for common words.

And the winners are:

1. Coffee, n. The person upon whom one coughs.

2. Flabbergasted, adj. Appalled by discovering how much weight one has gained.

3. Abdicate, v. To give up all hope of ever having a flat stomach.

4. Esplanade, v. To attempt an explanation while drunk.

5. Willy-nilly, adj. Impotent.

6. Negligent, adj. Absentmindedly answering the door when wearing only a nightgown.

7. Lymph, v. To walk with a lisp.

8. Gargoyle, n. Olive-flavored mouthwash.

9. Flatulence, n. Emergency vehicle that picks up someone who has been run over by a steamroller.

10. Balderdash, n. A rapidly receding hairline.

11. Testicle, n. A humorous question on an exam.

12. Rectitude, n. The formal, dignified bearing adopted by proctologists.

13. Pokemon, n. A Rastafarian proctologist.

14. Oyster, n. A person who sprinkles his conversation with Yiddishisms.

15. Frisbeetarianism, n. The belief that, after death, the soul flies up onto the roof and gets stuck there.

16. Circumvent, n. An opening in the front of boxer shorts worn by Jewish men

They're brilliant. Thanks for posting that
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PL54[/cite]Minger

Oops, sorry PL54 I'll change it to SORTED
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bling
    Blog
    Facebook
    Twitter
    9/11
    PC
    Green
  • Options
    spin

Now used to describe any statement of fact or opinion with which someone disagrees regardless of validity
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]spin

Now used to describe any statement of fact or opinion with which someone disagrees regardless of validity

Alan Cautiously pioneered the use of the word spin ....... as in, "we've managed 3 nought-noughts on the spin"
  • Options
    Magners

PS there is no such thing as "irish cider"--- unless there is English Guiness !!
  • Options
    fifth
  • Options
    Probably not as important to city dwellers, but for anybody that drives a fair distance with their job; effin 'Speed cameras'
    Yes, I am bitter and twisted, the sneaky bar stewards - done last week 46 in a 40 - dual carriageway, no footpath (no pedestrians) and not an accident blackspot! And then another word springs to mind mid rant - 'stealth' - as in tax - ah well I'm just a criminal, must go and pay my £60 and send my licence off for them to add the 3 points!
    Are you supposed to mellow as you get older ? I find as I approach 50, I'm getting more and more pissed with current legislation and this mamby pamby society we are becoming - rant over!!!!!!!
  • Options
    your fixated with ireland gh.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Genesis[/cite]Probably not as important to city dwellers, but for anybody that drives a fair distance with their job; effin 'Speed cameras'
    Yes, I am bitter and twisted, the sneaky bar stewards - done last week 46 in a 40 - dual carriageway, no footpath (no pedestrians) and not an accident blackspot! And then another word springs to mind mid rant - 'stealth' - as in tax - ah well I'm just a criminal, must go and pay my £60 and send my licence off for them to add the 3 points!
    Are you supposed to mellow as you get older ? I find as I approach 50, I'm getting more and more pissed with current legislation and this mamby pamby society we are becoming - rant over!!!!!!!

Just thought of another word ...Rant ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Genesis[/cite]Probably not as important to city dwellers, but for anybody that drives a fair distance with their job; effin 'Speed cameras'

So you admit to breaking the law but are really complaining that you got caught?
  • Options
    well - as in that is well good

really really

I also hate that habit some people have where the wiggle their middle and index figure of each hand to indicate that something is in inverted commas.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    FACT..
    Probably the most used word on this site
  • Options
    Yes BlackForestRed, I have a admitted to braking the law. But as I intimated at current legislation - it has little to do with road safety, but just another tax.
    And for the record, I have been driving/riding motor bikes (average 30k/year) for 33 years and never had an accident and most importantly, never caused an accident.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: thai malaysia addick[/cite]well - as in that is well good

really really

I also hate that habit some people have where the wiggle their middle and index figure of each hand to indicate that something is in inverted commas.

"I do that" !!
  • Options
    CLEARLY

Every fricking politician uses this word at every fricking oportunity. Clearly this cumbles my fricking biscuits !
  • Options
    Has anyone said CLUNGE yet?
  • Options
    The most overused word is "delivery". Time was, delivery was something done with a van. Now it's used in every other sentence to mean finishing, completing, or simply doing anything you can think of. It's supposed to make the person doing the delivering sound more active or dynamic. I think it began with New Labour but has now infected all sectors - public and private.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]Has anyone said CLUNGE yet?

No and no one was going to!! ;-)
  • Options
    Journey.

Everyone has to go on a fecking journey on every reality show there's ever been.
  • Options
    GATE

Appended on the end of any word to describe a scandal. Does my head in.

Blood-gate
    Lie-gate
    Crash-gate
    Expense-gate