Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lloyd Sam being chased...

2»

Comments

• Options
    The next Ambrose waiting to happen.
  • Options
    I like Sam, think he is having a good season and I would be disappointed to lose him.

Plus if we did Wagstaff (who I'm still not sure about) is the only cover and I don't know where we would get a replacement in January who would be able to do what Sam does
  • Options
    Selling any of our regular starters in January would send out the wrong signals if we're realistically trying to get out of this league. If we do it would mean we really do need the money to keep the wolves from the door :-(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]Selling any of our regular starters in January would send out the wrong signals if we're realistically trying to get out of this league. If we do it would mean we really do need the money to keep the wolves from the door :-(

agree, look what happend when Reid left in Jan to Sunderland.
  • Options
    like many if he does go wait till end of season and if we dont go up then i only think he will go, he does always seem to be quite a loyal playa to me and cant imagine him just buggering of and leaving us unless we stay in this division! not another ambrose at all, as he was always looking for a route out
    i think even if bid of 500,000 came in for him which i doubt very much we should still reject as he will be worth more going up

He wont go tho im sure of that :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]like many if he does go wait till end of season and if we dont go up then i only think he will go, he does always seem to be quite a loyal playa to me and cant imagine him just buggering of and leaving us unless we stay in this division! not another ambrose at all, as he was always looking for a route out

Well if it's 1.5 million plus add-ons, then yes definitely!

Sadly think an offer like that is wishful thinking :) We'd be lucky to get 500k
  • Options
    What P_Air said.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]Selling any of our regular starters in January would send out the wrong signals if we're realistically trying to get out of this league. If we do it would mean we really do need the money to keep the wolves from the door :-(

Bang on, Lil'Sis.

And even if we did get £500k + for Sam, what would it subsequently cost us if selling Sam caused results to drop and promotion to be missed....?
  • Options
    Many players will be touted around by agents this comming January. But how many clubs outside the premiership will have the funds to buy? Banks do not loan money so readily nowdays.
    Free transfers and loans will happen and not a lot else.
  • Options
    For now he is an important part of the way we play and is creating. Let's keep him if we can.

In the summer he'll be on a free. If we are back in the CCC then we have as good if not better chance of signing him.

If we stay down then we are going to have to let players go anyway.

A risk but if he goes there will be dozens, maybe 100s, of other pros out of contract. Last summer we picked up Dailly, Richardson and Llera as they were out of contract. There will be other bargains to be had as well next summer.

And £1.5m No way.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]Selling any of our regular starters in January would send out the wrong signals if we're realistically trying to get out of this league. If we do it would mean we really do need the money to keep the wolves from the door :-([/quote]

If a player wants to go and is not prepared to sign a contract then let him go and get money for him, and bring in a replacement, rather than losing them for nothing in the summer after paying there wages etc for a further six months, no doubt he has offers on the table, and if he feels he can achieve better things at those clubs then feel free to move on, thats life
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Another goal on Saturday coming through Lloyd Sam. I hope people are taking notice of just how many come through him. All I could hear behind me at Yeovil apart from "brrrrrrrr" was "Lloyd Sam is bloody useless". He quite clearly isn't. And he's one of our own.

He's joint-top of the league on assists, if you didn't know.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]Another goal on Saturday coming through Lloyd Sam. I hope people are taking notice of just how many come through him. All I could hear behind me at Yeovil apart from "brrrrrrrr" was "Lloyd Sam is bloody useless". He quite clearly isn't. And he's one of our own.

He's joint-top of the league on assists, if you didn't know.

Quite right, Chunes. And I think his crossing is still improving as well, he's getting better 'whip' on the ball with both his right and left foot. Yes he tires towards the end of games, but there's no such thing as a League 1 player without any faults.
  • Options
    Erm Dabos. I think you'll find Chris Dickson is pretty much perfect.
  • Options
    Er, I heard that BDL. I don't even want to think about him going. :-(
  • Options
    Has anyone heard he wants to go? I certainly havent & he certainly looks happy to me. I say dont sell & if he helps us get promoted, reward him then. If it doesnt happen i think we'll have bigger things to worry about than loosing out on 500k for Sam.
  • Options
    Doesn't anyone ever read the News Hopper .....?

As posted on here yesterday:
    Lloyd Sam wants to extend his contract

Words straight from the mouth of Sam Lloyd's object of desire.

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Doesn't anyone ever read the News Hopper .....?

;o)

Too right Oggy, just wake me up when he's signed on the dotted line please.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sam lloyd[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Doesn't anyone ever read the News Hopper .....?

;o)

Too right Oggy, just wake me up when he's signed on the dotted line please.

I thought you were the one chasing him when I saw the thread title!

:-)
  • Options
    Sam has his weaknesses, but with us being in League One, and the work Parky has done with him means he's an important player for us. Creates chances, scores the odd goal, decent work rate and has a good partnership with Richardson. Offers a more all round game than the likes of Rommedahl, Bouazza and Thomas ever did.

Still not convinced Wagstaff is good enough to play regularly just yet, and at the moment he's our only replacement for Sam. He's useful off the bench, but he's still some way off playing starting every week. People say Sam's crossing is poor, but Wagstaff to me hasn't looked like a particularly good crosser either.

I think we'd miss him a lot this season if we sold him. He might have quiet spells in games, tire towards the end, but he offers us things no other player in the squad does. Wagstaff is a different type of winger, bit more direct, less skilful but possibly a bit more of a goalscorer.

Colin mentioned he hopes Parkinson has his eyes on a more energetic winger, long term no Sam might not be the answer, but if we get back to that level in the next few years he'd still be a decent option. If we go up we'll need a bigger squad with more options than just putting 3/4 young pros on the bench.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wagstaff could be the "new" Mike Kenning. Who? say many of you. :o)

Actually that should have been Shaun Newton, with his early searing pace and thunderbolt shot.