Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC Fixtures, Results & News

Comments

• Denly and Key faced 98 balls for the 14 runs they got between them. Let's hope they start well in the morning and can get towards a competitive score as tomorrow is a huge day imo.
  • [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Denly and Key faced 98 balls for the 14 runs they got between them. Let's hope they start well in the morning and can get towards a competitive score as tomorrow is a huge day imo.

The first three in the Pakistan 1st Inns (2nd Test) scored 7 in 96 balls. Hope Messrs Key and Denly haven't been got at.
  • going to this tomorrow, never been to the ground before. They sell booze in there? Will it be busy?
  • [cite]Posted By: Mike[/cite]going to this tomorrow, never been to the ground before. They sell booze in there? Will it be busy?

We were there for the Lancs game a couple of weeks ago. Shouldn't be too busy. If you're driving, you can park in the ground for a tenner. Useful if you want to leave your picnic hamper, Pimms etc in the car until you need it.

They do sell booze. Bombardier when we were there, I think, but there ought to be Shepherd Neame somewhere.

You might want to take your bat and pads. Denly and Key might not last long.

Having said that, if Kent can bat all day and get a lead of 100 or so, then things might look pretty good, although the weather is doubtful for the last two days.

Here's the deal:

If Kent win, I'll post the picture of Mrs Rudd receiving from the Nackington Road end. She'll kill me, but it will be worth it.
  • Are you allowed to put pictures like that on here? Children read this board you know.
  • Why drop Amjad Khan? I know he's leaving at the end of the season but we need every point now. Adams scored 84 and helped Hampshire to an extra batting point and to a total they can defend.

Rain has prevented play so far this morning.
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Why drop Amjad Khan? I know he's leaving at the end of the season but we need every point now. Adams scored 84 and helped Hampshire to an extra batting point and to a total they can defend.

Rain has prevented play so far this morning.

A question that has been asked on the we are kent forum!
  • http://wearekent.org.uk/
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]http://wearekent.org.uk/

Thanks Len. Just joined. Hope I don't upset you on there too ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]http://wearekent.org.uk/

Thanks Len. Just joined. Hope I don't upset you on there too ;-)

Seems a bit different on there which is not necessarily a bad thing but early days from what I can see.

Anyway they're playing and it's 45-2. Key is the player out.
  • Sponsored links:

• 90-3 Denly out for 42
  • Thanks for the link Len, I'd been meaning to register for a while.

The mystery of Amjad's non-inclusion is no clearer, in these conditions we could use his bowling and he's no mug with the willow either.
  • 107-4 Jones lbw Briggs 8
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Thanks for the link Len, I'd been meaning to register for a while.

The mystery of Amjad's non-inclusion is no clearer, in these conditions we could use his bowling and he's no mug with the willow either.

Agreed we could do with him. Somewhere on there the speculation is that he would not be in the right frame of mind to play having been told he is not being retained.

All speculation though.
  • Kent's fast bowling line-up consists of Stevens, Cook and Coles, it's not as though he's been kept out the side by a player of equal ability.
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Kent's fast bowling line-up consists of Stevens, Cook and Coles, it's not as though he's been kept out the side by a player of equal ability.

Very true.

However if one allows for his mind perhaps not being right for the game why not pick Azhar Mahmood instead? These overcast conditions are made for his variations and again he is no mug with the bat.
  • 144/7...

Tredders and Banda in.
  • Oh well, Div 2 it is then, at least I can watch Kent play at Lords and The Oval again.
  • 156-8 Tredwell and Coles
  • Sponsored links:

• i think todays performance highlights why we are going to be relegated. no spine in this team at all?%-{>
  • Looks like we are down :-(

Even if the weather holds up I don't see us bowling them out for a reasonable total a second time. In the unlikely event that by some miracle we do is our brittle batting capable of chasing down a total?

Three of our first choice top six (Denly, Key and Northeast) average less than 30 for the season! I think a lot of our problems are summed up by that one statistic.
  • Hampshire 88-0

As Paul Simon once sung slip sliding away....
  • 'fraid we need to hold on for a draw here now and hope for a miracle win against Yorks.
  • [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]'fraid we need to hold on for a draw here now and hope for a miracle win against Yorks.

They are close to wrapping up a win aginst Notts, so they will be playing for the title........chin up.
  • 92-1 Adams lbw b Bandara 52
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]92-1 Adams lbw b Bandara 52

This match should improve Bandara's stats. He's probably averaging about 50 per wicket in the CC now ;-(
  • Hampshire 200-3. Lead 222.

They'll bat until they are all out and then skittle us for about 100 I reckon.
  • 225-5 lead 247
  • 272-6 Rain stopped play. Lead 294