Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

You'll Be Welcome At Witton Albion FC - FA Cup 8 November

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sam lloyd[/cite]During the 1-0 win over Derby County at The Valley on 24th September 1983 'Lucky' the black cat, that had lived at The Valley for the last 15 years, made a last appearance along the touchline, having to be put down a few days later due to old age. An obituary appeared in the next Charlton programme.

That match was Ronnie Moore's home debut for Charlton, and he cost a fair few of us fans a fiver or so each.
    It was also the day my daughter was conceived.

I'll spare you the details.

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]It was also the day my daughter was conceived.

I'll spare you the details.

;o)

Oggy you've just made my textbook go a very distinct coffee colour... what are you like?!
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Sorry, ISaw.

If Ronnie Moore could score that day, I could too.
  • Options
    Back on subject and "Witton Albion".

They really aren't happy about our visit....

Witton Albion - They love their neighbours
  • Options
    Bob TC,

That video showed Tricky on a 13 mile walk through Delamere Forest in Cheshire to help raise funds for the club during a particularly sticky patch late last year. He and others (including me) also walked the 13 miles to our NYD match at Altrincham this year. The match got postponed due to frost but we walked anyway. Doh!

Tony, the man inside the Tricky costume (sorry to anyone who thought he was real - the green and white Santas aren't real either), and a couple of other fans walked the 33 miles to the Wrexham match a few weeks later.

Never let it be said we Trickies don't go the distance for our club!!
  • Options
    Hmm,seems there is some real hostility around that part of the world!
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    This is another piccy of our illustrious cat, handing over the "kitty" after the Wrexham Walk. LCV neglected to mention 50% of the fund went to support a terminally ill child. That's the guy he is if you look beyond the fur and the brash tom cat exterior.

7020_154292346473_621116473_3498706_3964552_n.jpg
  • Options
    Seeing as cats were invented in Northwich and both Charlton and cats start with the letter c..... that's a knockout-blow and a score of 18-1 to the Trickeroons.

Victory over the W****n scum!
    Result!
  • Options
    I know someone who needs to land his helecopter somewhere to get to the match on Sunday week. Do you think Witton would oblige?
  • Options
    I'm sure they won't mind. They won't have heard anything as loud as a helicopter landing since Vics last played there.

The downdraft will help secure the nails in the roof of the main stand for another few years too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes indeed, Tricky might scratch your sofa and jump on your head in the morning when he wants feeding, but he's got a heart of gold.

Hold on....cats were invented in Northwich? What a cracking invention. At least 56-0 to the Vickers IMHO!
  • Options
    Good luck Witton & Northwich Victoria Today.
  • Options
    Cheers Miserableold-ish git. The wonders of Stafford Rangers await us today. I believe the North West and Midlands have been awash with rain, so it should be ... errr .... a real footballing spectacle today! Soon time to depart from the Fens and brave the elements methinks.
  • Options
    They're playing Brigg Rangers in Stafford in the FA Vase I think.
  • Options
    Almost Seth .... almost.

Sorry, forgetting my manners, best of luck to Charlton today; but most of all to the fans who are travelling. ..... Carlisle away, that's what I call hard core!! The sooner you're out of the First Division the better methinks.
  • Options
    Better keep quiet about our striker Jonny Allan's Carlisle roots or we'll get more minus points.
    Will be keeping half an eye on your game today. Wouldn't wish a spate of red cards on you ... really.
    Hope the travelling fans give a wave in the direction of NVFC as they go past M6 J19
  • Options
    This thread is a cracker.
    Who's for supporting the Vics all the way, after they have humiliated us next week?
  • Options
    I wouldn't worry too much I were you. Defend like we did at times today and you'll paste us!

You do know we lost 8-0 to Brighton a couple of years ago at this stage don't you?

Please spare us a a little.

Charlton are becoming my new second team...(I figured that way I'll be on to a win-win next Sunday) don't make me have to change it again :D
  • Options
    Witton had 220 attendance this afternoon against Brigg Town and won 4-1, but Northwich were 2-0 up within 8 minutes away to Stafford I believe....if they take an early lead against us next Sunday we've had it!
  • Options
    Why`s this a Sticky?
    `Friendly` Witton want to charge you £2 for a parking spot 15 mins or so walk away- may be worth it IF they`re providing security (not that`it`s a dodgy area)
    As for their social club option - it`s inferior to ours - and 15 mins away.
    Safe trip up, everyone!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2009
    I drink booze.
  • Options
    ?????
  • Options
    Just found amongst my programmes an F.A.CUP,First round tie Northwich Victoria v Crewe Alex,Sat 17th November 1984.A Home win 3-1.Managed by Terry Murphy The vics Played in the Gola League at the time and were 10th, Dartford were 9th and Barnet 11th,Yeovil were Bottom.Player of the month for October was Paul Reid.
  • Options
    Great thread. Wish I was going now. I'd have sat on the fence though and gone to both for a drink or a few. Has cheered me up no end.

Absolutely love the piccie of the mascots. I used to know the bloke that was the mascot for the Shrimpers many years ago. Alas he was a rabbit food lover and used to stink to high heaven. You wouldn't want to stand behind him. Ducks for cover from any veggies on here. Happily remembers my steak from earlier, still twitching and swimming in its life blood.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Badger[/cite]Just found amongst my programmes an F.A.CUP,First round tie Northwich Victoria v Crewe Alex,Sat 17th November 1984.A Home win 3-1.Managed by Terry Murphy The vics Played in the Gola League at the time and were 10th, Dartford were 9th and Barnet 11th,Yeovil were Bottom.Player of the month for October was Paul Reid.

Gola League was the sponsor name at the time - it's the same league as the Conference (aka Blue Square Premier) now. We finished 9th. And we lost 2-1 in FA Cup R2 away to Wigan (then in Div 3, aka Div 1 now).
  • Options
    Our luck with cup draws has run out - we've got Fleetwood away in the FA Trophy.
    Not that you'll be interested, but thought I'd drag this thread back to the top. :)

Sold all your tickets yet?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dorsetgreen[/cite]Our luck with cup draws has run out - we've got Fleetwood away in the FA Trophy.
    Not that you'll be interested, but thought I'd drag this thread back to the top. :)

Sold all your tickets yet?
    Not yet but there have been reports of a stampede at the ticket office.
  • Options
    Not yet but there have been reports of a stampede at the ticket office.

Brilliant
  • Options
    Just said on other thread ... doubt it will be a sell-out. 1.30 on a Sunday is not the best time for fans from south-east of London to make it to mid-Cheshire. Shame really, it's never the same watching it on the telly, and a good cup tie deserves a good atmosphere.
  • Options
    Our beating at Carlisle is unlikely to encourage waverers to travel.