Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Today I will mostly be listening to ....

Comments

• Gideon Coe on six music
  • edited December 2011
    The new Korn album. 'Dubstep' my arse - it's electronica plain and simple. They've been doing bits and pieces of this for years anyway. The album's pretty solid - much better than I thought it would be (even with some shit songs on there)

Edit: Just realised, to 99% of you, that entire sentence may as well have been written in Swahili :). Oh well - those that know, know.
  • Korn albamu mpya. 'Dubstep'; punda yangu - ni electronica wazi na rahisi.

That makes far more sense...........
  • Korn albamu mpya. 'Dubstep'; punda yangu - ni electronica wazi na rahisi.

That makes far more sense...........
    I am with you now.........
  • Psychocandy - Jesus and Mary Chain
  • Gideon Coe on six music
    Interviewed/photographed  Gideon when at the bbc, interesting guy as is the guy who is Viv Stanshalls  son in the red jumper.......
    He was going to play some Nick Drake songs from the John Peel session that he did, but pressure from Nick's estate shall we say persuaded  them not to broadcast the session. A tragic mistake in my opinion, as the tapes are in existence  to fan's and I think that Nick would have delighted in hearing his music on the radio. The producers would have cleaned up the tapes, and digitally remastered them, but backed down. I also tried to get Nick's home nominated for a blue plaque, but his sister  was unsure of this as he died there in circumstances still not clear to  be fully explained. Nick came from a priveledged background, and had  a personality that ended in dark tragedy, due to  a wide variety of reasons. His music to me is quintessentially English, and beautifully crafted, and was a spring board to me to get into folk music. 
    Anyway,  Gideon played some Capt Beefheart ...... best radio station on the BBC for my own taste in music.
  • Little Feat, The Doors and Tom Petty
  • 50 words for snow - Kate Bush
  • 15 years of DrumCode.
  • Sleeping With Ghosts - Placebo
  • Sponsored links:

• 50 words for snow - Kate Bush
    Top album
  • The Wombats
  • London Calling - The Clash
  • A Cappella – Todd Rundgren
  • The Maccabees - Given to the Wild
  • Here are the Sonics
    Insane times - 25 British psychedelic artyfacts from the EMI vaults
  • The Piper at the Gates of Dawn - Pink Floyd
  • Once Upon A Time - Siouxsie and the Banshees
  • The Piper at the Gates of Dawn - Pink Floyd
    very good, that's next :-)
  • the vaccines - i'm old enough to remember the ramones, undertones, only ones, punk bands who could bang out a tune. This lot are just as good in my opinion.
  • Sponsored links:

• the vaccines - i'm old enough to remember the ramones, undertones, only ones, punk bands who could bang out a tune. This lot are just as good in my opinion.
    agreed ... excellent band
  • Inni - Sigor Ros
  • Smith & Burrows
  • since getting given to the wild, have been listening to everything i own by the maccabees eg. the first two albums
  • Afroman - Because I Got High
  • The Velvet Underground on youtube: -
    Murder Mystery
    Ocean

God, when Lou was hot he was fcuking mustard
  • Belle & Sebastian - If You're Feeling Sinister
  • The Velvet Underground on youtube: -
    Murder Mystery
    Ocean

God, when Lou was hot he was fcuking mustard
    Brilliant. Their 'Live at Max's Kansas City' album is great aswell. Some may disagree but I absolutely love Femme Fatale with Lou powering out that chorus instead of Nico. (still love the original though)

• Yeh, I like Max's too Red, including Lou's Femme Fatale.

D'ya reckon Max's the only officially released bootleg album? (Oxymoron?)
  • Frank Black - Frank Black

First solo album by Pixies frontman. Chaotic, varied, interesting, rocky, weird but in a very accessible way.
    Cant believe it's taken me this long to get this, it's terrific (possibly better than Teenager of the Year, which is very good but overlong and not all top notch)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!