Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Today I will mostly be listening to ....

Comments

• Moonsorrow "Viides luku – Hävitetty"

New to me ... just a brief listen so far but I like this
  • stonemuse said:

Moonsorrow "Viides luku – Hävitetty"

New to me ... just a brief listen so far but I like this
    Earlier albums have a bit more of a folk influence, the later ones have a bit more black metal. Bloody good band, the long tracks are very well constructed - 30 minutes just flies by!

If you like Moonsorrow, a few other folk metal bands to listen out for are Finntroll, Ensiferum, Finsterforst, and Cruachan.
  • edited April 2016
    Earth, Wind and Fire and a selection of Motown classics .. relaxing MWay driving music
  • The Last Shadow Puppets - Everything You've Come To Expect
  • Bully - feels like
  • Who's Next - The Who
  • The new Explosions in the Sky record called "The Wilderness." At first listen, it sounds immense, might be the best since "Earth is not a Cold Dead Place" and "Those Who Tell the Truth..."
  • edited April 2016
    My 5 favourite albums of 2016 so far:

1 - Oranssi Pazuzu - Värähtelijä - psychedelic black-metal insanity from Finland, some of the heaviest shit I've heard

2 - KING - We Are King - astonishingly ornate and vivid neo-soul with harmonies not of this earth

3 - The Drones - Feelin' Kinda Free - violent Australian indie screeching its way through all your darkest emotions

4 - Teen - Love Yes - beautiful and surprisingly weird 80s pop construct, but even better than that sounds

5 - Working For A Nuclear Free City - What Do People Do All Day? - delightful, subtle return from Manchester's finest

Hi I'm Leuth and I'm a music nerd
  • stonemuse said:

Every Open Eye - CHVRCHES

Love them. They're playing in Glasgow tonight with The Twilight Sad (their old mates). I had a ticket but couldn't make it over because my dog is still recovering from heart trouble. If I'd seen this earlier I'd have told you to go see them in London on Thursday (hope you did).

@purdis Joshua Tree is a really, really good album. I just try to ignore modern U2. They did so many good things in the 90s and early 90s. If you haven't already, I recommend checking out War. Think it's a really excellent record, often overlooked and underrated.
  • edited April 2016
    SDAddick said:

stonemuse said:

Every Open Eye - CHVRCHES

Love them. They're playing in Glasgow tonight with The Twilight Sad (their old mates). I had a ticket but couldn't make it over because my dog is still recovering from heart trouble. If I'd seen this earlier I'd have told you to go see them in London on Thursday (hope you did).

@purdis Joshua Tree is a really, really good album. I just try to ignore modern U2. They did so many good things in the 90s and early 90s. If you haven't already, I recommend checking out War. Think it's a really excellent record, often overlooked and underrated.
    Unfortunately didn't get to see them but reviews say it was a great gig. Very good band.

Regarding U2, Boy and War are terrific albums. Early stuff is so much better, I preferred their live gigs then as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Heron oblivion

For those who like 60s style Jefferson aeroplane with a slight modern edge. Only slight though.
  • 1 - Oranssi Pazuzu - Värähtelijä - psychedelic black-metal insanity from Finland, some of the heaviest shit I've heard

Not bad this lot..they are playing at Desertfest this year,but alas they clash with Elder so I won't get to see them.
  • Ben Watt - Fever Dream

Top quality as always.
  • Iggy Pop - Post Pop Depression
  • Chris Robinson Band - Phosphorescent Harvest is today's afternoon music helping me stay awake while the clock ticks by on a slow day in work.
  • Foals - What Went Down (album)
  • Ladytron-Velocifero
  • The New Age Steppers
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2016
    For your pleasure - Roxy Music
    And from the first Roxy album, Ladytron - memory jogged by fagadget above.
    And now, If there is something. Brilliant.
  • The Dream Walker - Angels & Airwaves

Not got anything by this band for years but really enjoying this
  • Shearwater - Jet plane and oxbow
  • Composer of the Week on BBC Radio 3 - Ralph Vaughan Williams. Bliss.
  • Protomartyr - the agent intellect
  • Composer of the Week on BBC Radio 3 - Ralph Vaughan Williams. Bliss.

Fantasia on a Theme by Thomas Tallis is the best piece of music ever bar none, just ahead of Tallis's Spem in Alium. My Dying Bride has to settle for third place with Symphonaire Infernus et Spera Empyrium.

In my opinion anyway!
  • Shotter's Nation - Babyshambles

Such an excellent album
  • Everything You've Come to Expect - The Last Shadow Puppets
  • TelMc32 said:

Everything You've Come to Expect - The Last Shadow Puppets

Not a big fan but this is a good album
  • Temples - Sun Structures. Quality album, kind of 60s psychedelic style.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!