Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Addicks Players - The Valiant 988 - latest: V988 Kazenga LUALUA

Comments

• Options
    V934
    Papa SOUARE
    11 September 2021
    Substitute for Sam Lavelle
    EFL v Cheltenham Town
    N Adkins
    Fairly unusual, but not unknown I imagine, for someone to make their debut, after replacing someone else making their debut.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Two potential debuts on the bench tonight v Southampton U21s; Beadle and Bakrin.
  • Options
    Probably no new V numbers today but we shall see.

More potential v Orient.
  • Options
    V935
    Richard Chin
    9/11/2021 v Leyton Orient (a)
    EFL Trophy
    J Jackson

• Options
    V936
    Nazir BAKRIN
    EFL Trophy
    J Jackson
  • Options
    Potential for a few more from the bench tonight
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    V937
    Ryan VIGGERS
    EFL Trophy
    J Jackson
  • Options
    V937
    Ryan VIGGERS
    EFL Trophy
    J Jackson
    Viggars  ;)

I'd forgotten he was the guy we signed last season from Sheff United
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    I’m not convinced an appearance in this sorry excuse for a cup competition should count to be honest but good luck to the lads anyway.
    As much as we don't like it, it is a first team competition for clubs in L1 and L2.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’m not convinced an appearance in this sorry excuse for a cup competition should count to be honest but good luck to the lads anyway.
    As much as we don't like it, it is a first team competition for clubs in L1 and L2.
    It's billed as a first team competition, but the introduction of three eighteen year old debutants in one match tells us that the club isn't treating it as such. Historically, we've always counted this competition, so I think it is only right and proper to carry on, but to be honest it doesn't have the same kudos in my eyes. That said, I wish nothing bu the best for tonights debutants.  
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Joe Aribo’s debut for Charlton started in this competition. Back in the day did people have the same attitude about the Full Members Cup when the likes of Scott Minto made their first appearances in a red shirt.

It’s no fault of the young men of what the competition is, but the pride in wearing that shirt and going on to, fingers crossed bigger and better things with our football club.

Individuals are clearly trying to be controversial if they want a debate about this 
    And in the past county cups, such as the London challenge cup were considered first team competitions.

Many people say that the FA Cup is now devalued and we and many other clubs have played weakened sides but no one is saying that debuts in the FA Cup shouldn't count.

The club, the museum, Cafc Facts & Stats and the EFL consider it a first team competition so the appearances DO count.
  • Options
    Who cares what the EFL say?

We all know that it's not really a first team competition. 
  • Options

Could Jackson have selected his strongest 11 ? If the answer to that is yes then it’s a first team competition. Fact.
  • Options

Could Jackson have selected his strongest 11 ? If the answer to that is yes then it’s a first team competition. Fact.
    Half the teams in the competition are not allowed to do so, so it is not a first team competition.
  • Options
    edited November 2021

Half the teams in the competition are not allowed to do so, so it is not a first team competition.
    But for Charlton it was a first team competition if we had wanted it to be, so on that basis considering it’s Charlton we’re talking about it’s a first team competition.
  • Options
    Juan Castilo set to be V939 tonight if he gets on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    V939

Juan CASTILLO

25/1/2022 v Hartlepool (A) 

EFL Trophy

J Jackson
  • Options
    The Ajax academy would have trained Juan well for the silky football we played tonight
  • Options
    Juan Nine Three Nine. Start of the last war. Potentially just as the next one starts. 
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    V940
    Scott FRASER 
    5/2/2022 v AFC Wimbledon  (H) 
    Substitute for A Morgan
    Football League 
    J Jackson
  • Options
    Nile John and Daniel Kanu could be V941 and/or V942 today 
  • Options
    V941
    Daniel KANU 
    12/2/2022 v Wigan Athletic (A) 
    Substitute for M Burstow 
    Football League 
    J Jackson
  • Options
    We started the season on 921 and are now at 941 with Nile the only likely uncapped player to join the list.

So 20 debuts and one to come.

Will break that down to loans, purchases and academy players sometime unless someone else wants to try.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Kanu. Fraser. Castillo. Williams. Viggers. Bakrin. Chin. Soaure. Lavelle. Burstow. Harness. Lee. CBT. Kirk. Roddy. Elerwe. Clayden. Clare. Dobson. McG

Academy
    11.  If you include Roddy and Clare somewhat generously! 

Loans
    2 (surprisingly!)

Perm signings

• Options
    Kanu. Fraser. Castillo. Williams. Viggers. Bakrin. Chin. Soaure. Lavelle. Burstow. Harness. Lee. CBT. Kirk. Roddy. Elerwe. Clayden. Clare. Dobson. McG

Academy
    11.  If you include Roddy and Clare somewhat generously! 

Loans
    2 (surprisingly!)

Perm signings

Great work.

Nicking it for twitter.
  • Options
    I took it from scrolling back through this thread.  If using Twitter only two things; a) think I spelled two names wrong and b) I was surprised Ness was not on the list as I thought he played in one of the cup games...