Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Addicks Players - The Valiant 988 - latest: V988 Kazenga LUALUA

1323334353638»

Comments

• Options
    Rothko said:
    So we're hitting 1000 some point next season then?
    Yep, and you just know it will be a young lad who gets his only appearance ever in the Pizza Cup. Mind you, it will be a good quiz question in a few years.
  • Options
    Exeter was my 1st thought and come in 2nd with 25 1 less than the top team. Middlesbrough and Millwall both done the list with 13 & 12.
  • Options
    First game of a new season normally helps so Brentford 
  • Options
    To put everyone out of their misery the list of top teams is
    Brentford - 26
    Exeter - 25
    Bournemouth depending how you count them - 24 (Bournemouth 15 + Bournemouth & Boscombe Athletic 9)
    Sunderland - 21
    Huddersfield - 20
    Luton - 20
    Norwich - 20
    Bolton - 19
    Portsmouth - 19
    Birmingham - 18
    Forest - 18
    Wednesday - 18

Full list could be provided if required
  • Options
    Yeah I'd expect the 1000th to be someone in a BSM Trophy game against an U21 side. Assuming we've still got more signings to come in this window + the summer and with REG being 984. 
  • Options
    To put everyone out of their misery the list of top teams is
    Brentford - 26
    Exeter - 25
    Bournemouth depending how you count them - 24 (Bournemouth 15 + Bournemouth & Boscombe Athletic 9)
    Sunderland - 21
    Huddersfield - 20
    Luton - 20
    Norwich - 20
    Bolton - 19
    Portsmouth - 19
    Birmingham - 18
    Forest - 18
    Wednesday - 18

Full list could be provided if required
    Great work.

Will be stealing this for the museum's social media account.
  • Options
    edited February 17
    V985
    Kayne RAMSAY
    03/02/2024 v Derby County (H)
    Substitute for Macaully Gillesphey  (68 minutes)
    League 1
    Curtis Fleming
  • Options
    edited February 17
    Hopefully doing this now won't mean he gets injured in the warm up
    V986
    Thierry SMALL
    17/02/2024 v Bolton Wanderers (A)
    Scored 22nd min
    League 1
    Nathan Jones
  • Options
    How many have scored on debut, I wonder?
  • Options
    A fair few over the years.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    More than 3 I'd guess.
  • Options
    77 iirc but @shirty5 will know
  • Options
    V987 likely to be Connor Wickham
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    So we're hitting 1000 some point next season then?
    August would be my guess
  • Options
    I'd guess the 1000th will be someone in the first Bristol Street Motors Trophy game off the bench. 
  • Options
    edited March 9
    V987
    Connor WICKHAM
    09/03/2024 v Carlisle Utd (H)
    Substitute for Karoy Anderson (72mins)
    League 1
    Nathan Jones
  • Options
    V988
    Kazenga LUALUA
    16/03/2024 v Fleetwood Town (A)
    Substitute for Daniel Kanu (90+1mins)
    League 1
    Nathan Jones
  • Options
    I really hope number 1,000 is a good player for us, not some atrocious loan signing. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    I really hope number 1,000 is a good player for us, not some atrocious loan signing. 
    And undoubtedly, the 1,000 player makes his debut for us next season. 

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    se9addick said:
    And undoubtedly, the 1,000 player makes his debut for us next season. 

At the rate we are giving debuts this season, it may come quicker than that ! :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 17

1,000 could well be the first game of next season
  • Options
    edited March 18
    se9addick said:

Que sera sera

• Options
    The 1000th is probably now only a few months away and we could be looking at it happen around September. It would be nice if it was an academy player and, to make sure that happens, that it may have to occur during an EFL cup match and we all turn up for it to mark the event.

• Options
    67 years for the first 500, 36 years if it’s this year, the 1500th in less than 20 years?
  • Options
    67 years for the first 500, 36 years if it’s this year, the 1500th in less than 20 years?
    25 or more new players making their debut every season ? Probably not
  • Options
    I was looking at a recent matchday programme at the players season stats, and I could barely read it as the font was so small to squeeze them all in   :D This season has been ludicrous, with :-

"Deadwood" appearing before being sold or loaned out, e.g. Kirk, DJ, McGrandles, Payne

Loan players who hardly played, e.g. Abankwah, Fiorini

Kids thrown in by Appleton, e.g. Casey, Mbick, Rylah, Kedwell. 

Youngsters only playing briefly before being loaned out or sold, e.g. Mitchell, Chin, Elewere

Short term signings, e.g. Walker, Wickham, Lua-Lua
  • Options
    Need to remember that squad sizes are much bigger now. When we started in the football league in 1921/22 we didn't even enter the FA Cup that season, just 42 games. 

Now we're in the league, 46 games, plus FA Cup, League Cup and EFL Trophy. Also, and this is a big reason the last 500 are going to be much quicker than the first 500 - substitutes. It wasn't until 44 years later we were allowed to use them, and then it was only one. Now we can make 5 every game.

Last season and now this season again we've used 48 players, a club record.
  • Options
    Need to remember that squad sizes are much bigger now. When we started in the football league in 1921/22 we didn't even enter the FA Cup that season, just 42 games. 

Now we're in the league, 46 games, plus FA Cup, League Cup and EFL Trophy. Also, and this is a big reason the last 500 are going to be much quicker than the first 500 - substitutes. It wasn't until 44 years later we were allowed to use them, and then it was only one. Now we can make 5 every game.

Last season and now this season again we've used 48 players, a club record.
    And there's perhaps even a chance the 50th is before the end of this season, if a couple of kids are blooded?