Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kids Names..WTF?

Comments

• Options
    Perhaps it's the Johnny Cash syndrome: Herbie Tiger's going to have to defend her name while she grows up! Imagine old people's homes in the future, no more Ethels and Dorothys: all Sharons, Traceys, and Kylies.
  • Options
    Heard somewhere there was this poor sod in the states whose name was Randy Bumgardener. Top name.

Me mars next door neighbour have a boy who is called Huckleberry!! Poor little wierd sod he is now!!
  • Options
    When I lived in Charlton a boy was named after the 1974 team. 11 surnames and his own family surname. What stupid parents, every 10 years he has to renew his passport with lot.
    My rule of thumb with boys names; choose one that will suit a building site or an office.
  • Options
    An old friend of mine had the surname of House, he always said if he ever had kids he would name the boy Maxwell and the girl Wendy, sadly i lost contact with him so i dont know if that ever happened. I would be ashamed as a parent to give my child a horrendous name.
    I know some foreign countries actually have a list from the government with names they can use. A bit strict maybe but surely it saves a lifetime of humiliation for the poor kids with them stupid names.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Not sure what your on about my parents called me Rupert and obviouly wanted me bullied lol. But no on a serious note poor kid.
    Do you have checked trousers?

We have had this discussion before on previous thread. Answer was yes somewere im gunna dig them out and post a pic of them on here bought for me 18th

Does everyone know your name??
  • Options
    A mate of mine took his wife and daughter away for a weekend by the sea in essex and the old Chardonnay name came up- the sister of said Chardonnay's name was never revealed so she was nicknamed Chlamydia. :-)

Somewhere there will be one....
  • Options
    Bear grylls' son is called Huckleberry

I used to work with Emma Dale

also knew Darhal E Bumgardner III in new York - quite a common surname over there
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: charltonkeston[/cite]When I lived in Charlton a boy was named after the 1974 team. 11 surnames and his own family surname. What stupid parents, every 10 years he has to renew his passport with lot.
    My rule of thumb with boys names; choose one that will suit a building site or an office.

I think his name was John Pratt and he lived on the woolwich dockyard he went to my primary school in my brothers year i think, he was a top footballer and i am sure that i still see his mum in the north upper

say what you want but his folks were proper charlton i always thought it was a pretty cool thing to have tbh
  • Options
    Arty Fufkin
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Arty Fufkin
    6a00e0098ce040883301157060d90b970b-800wi
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I used to do some work for a German firm who had the following working for them;

Uwe Fiedler
    Helmut Fuchs
    Bernhard Titz

Imagine that much comedy gold all under one roof!

If you don't believe me ...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]

Lol - that's the kiddy Oakster. Great character.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]

Lol - that's the kiddy Oakster. Great character.

Artie Fufkin: [after nobody turns up, at an album-signing promotion] You know what I want you to do? Will you do something for me?

David St. Hubbins: What?

Artie Fufkin: Do me a favor. Just kick my ass, okay? Kick this ass for a man, that's all. Kick my ass. Enjoy. Come on. I'm not asking, I'm telling with this. Kick my ass.
  • Options
    Not quite as good as Neville Neville but I know a kid called Adam Adams!
  • Options
    Didn't he work for Polymer records (chairman: Sir Dennis Eton-Hogg)?

Kick this ass for a man!

Fantastic character.
  • Options
    My rule, pick a name, then say in your best MC voice."And now wembley please welcome *Insert name here*".

Sadly Messers Bumgartner never had a hope.
  • Options
    Went to school with a kid called Mark Hunt..

Not quite Mike but still good!!
  • Options
    My mates next door neighbour has a boy called Blaze and a girl called Summer!
    But he is South African...
  • Options
    My cousins' surname is Bacon.

His girlfriend is of Turkish-Cypriot origin and their custom is to call their firstborn after the paternal Grandfather.

Her old man is called Mustafa.

Mustafa Bacon - that is a name just begging for the nickname "Sandwich".
  • Options
    Yes, especially as most Turks are Muslim and they must be gagging for a bacon sarnie anyway, the last thing they want is to be constantly reminded of their cravings.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My daughters middle name is Valley and she loves it. She is 19 now.
  • Options
    Worked in Singapore with a Fanny Pak
    Also used to speak on phone to Dirk De Berk in a dutch bank.

And isnt is Baumgartner not Bumgartner -a s in german for tree gardener?
  • Options
    I think so C.Walsh mate.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]Worked in Singapore with a Fanny Pak
    Also used to speak on phone to Dirk De Berk in a dutch bank.

And isnt is Baumgartner not Bumgartner -a s in german for tree gardener?

originally I suspect yes - but since been americanised to Bumgardner. Excellent comedy value
  • Options
    Many years ago had regular phone calls with a large US company who had amongst their employees
    An X Tra,
    Randy Pratt
    and have worked for a company who had in a French office one Phillippe Le Bastard
  • Options
    There was a Wayne Kerr at a local school. Was the biggest hardest nastiest kid who i imagine no one ever took the piss out off...

But christ what was his parents thinking.
  • Options
    the same thing as Wayne Kings parents....
  • Options
    I wanted to call my daughter Storm 26 years ago....the then Mrs wasnt having it, so Emma it is...my estranged sister some years later actually changed her name by deed pole to Lorraine Storm...very odd.
  • Options
    I worked in estate management for a local authority for 5 years and some of the names you came across there were utterly unbelievable.

Particular hi-lights were:

Snow White
    Bo Peep
    Alladin - all from the same family.

You'd be surprised at the amount of Nokia's that are out there as well. FFS, what are the middle names? N97?.
  • Options
    Just had my first kid a couple of weeks ago so i've been swimming through this particular minefield for a while. I was toying with a couple of old testament boys names, Caleb and Malakai for a while until i heard a couple of chavvy mothers screaming both names in the supermarket, they got struck off the list asap.