Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Colchester v Charlton - Poll, score predictions, team selections etc

WSSWSS
edited September 2009 in General Charlton
Whilst AFKA is enjoying himself on the kiddie water rides at Centre Parcs this week, here we go with the midweek match preview for the Colchester game tomorrow night.

We’ve been saying it for some weeks now that “this will be our biggest test” but surely this really will be? Golfie is going to be happy we are finally playing somebody in not only the Top 10 but the Top 6 but will his brother get to see the much fabled Plan B if need be?

Who knows? Doesn’t mean we can’t chat crap about it today and tomorrow.

Spring to stay? Solly in for the obviously injured Richardson? Has McLeod done enough to start up front? Will we still be undefeated come 9.45 on Tuesday?

Get your views in here.

Comments

• edited September 2009
    Well Super Kev is bound to score, so they're 1-0 up before the game starts. I'll go for a draw.
  • I'm going for a draw as well - and will be pleased with that. We need to be averaging 2 points per game and we are well on target for that. Another decent away following though, it may spur the team on like it did at Orient.

Not sure about bringing Semedo back - would rather he was really ready for Leeds on Saturday. Spring played well on Saturday.
  • I think we'll remain unbeaten, but not sure about the 3 points.

Couple of players looked tired on Saturday, i think this could be a good game to give Mcleod a start. He sounded over the moon in his post match interview on Saturday and you could see how much it meant to him in the celebration. Confidence will be improved significally and he's a proven goalscorer at this level.

Hope Semedo is back as well as Spring did.
  • Unsure about risking Semedo as well. I guess the good news is that Spring is definitely a capable replacement. Not as good as Semedo, but good enough. If Semedo isn't 100% fit, I'd let Spring have another game and save Jose for Leeds as WSS suggests.
  • adamant we will win one of the next two games. i'd take a draw here, but have a feeling with a strong support we may be treated to one of those awesome away nights out! layer road was formidable under parky, but its in a plastic shitehole now, so may have lost the fortress edge. Sounds like Spring did ok, so no bother if semedo isn't fit. would like to see solly start if richardson is as unfit as people are saying, but trust the managements decision on this.

my head says a come-from-behind 1-1, my heart says a back to best real classy send a message 3-1 come-from-behind win!
  • tough game fancy us to nick it 3-2 to the addicks.
  • same team and a 2-1 win to us....Jonjo and Burton

agree save Semedo for sat
  • Another big away following (exclusively sponsored by Ooh Aah) spurs the lads onto a fine victory IMO
  • Have a feeling we might nick this one, 2-1 to us.
  • Sorry to piss on the fireworks but we`re gonna lose this one 2 - 0
  • Sponsored links:

• I reckon Lisbie will put them 1-0 up and then McLeod will get a late equaliser for a decent point.

Will be a tough game though, Boothroyd will have them knocking it long all night.
  • our shakey back five's luck will run out against a top ten team like the mighty colchester so a wake up call defeat i reckon......
  • Just nick a draw with Lisbie scoring at least one for them.
    If Sodje is available would give him a run out in place of Llera if the rest of the back four are fit, keep Spring and rest Semedo for Leeds.
  • if we do get beaten, well we were never going to go the whole season undefeated.but to lose to colchester would only be a coincidence that they are in the top half of the table and we'll probably bounce back on saturday and it won't mean anything anyway as we will still be in the promotion spot and we are lucky to still have parky.

2-1 to charlton.
  • I think this one will be easier than Saturday turned out. I'm confident of a 3-1 win but i still dont think that'll be enough to keep certain quarters happy ;-)
  • "Parky, Parky what's the score?" sung by the away end.

2 - 0 to the Londoners

Semedo back
  • [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite] 3-1 win but i still dont think that'll be enough to keep certain quarters happy ;-)

Uncle, during the Championship winning season when we went 15 games unbeaten some people on the pink Oboe list suggested, quite seriously, that it was "boring" winning all the time.

Accept it Unc, some people will never be be happy unless they are moaning.
  • don't know the state of injuries etc. but I wouldn't be surprised to see Semedo back but Spring take Racon or Bailey's place - he did well on Saturday and that would keep someone with a knock relatively fresh for Saturday
  • I've stuck with my superstition and predicted a Colchester win.

As I have also said I shall be delighted to be proved wrong!

An up for it SuperKev does worry me. Remember what a mug he made McCarthy look.
  • edited September 2009
    I've gone for a draw but only because I've a feeling we are going to do Leeds on Saturday so two away's in a week is pushing it a bit. I'd retain Spring to ensure Semedo is fully recovered and if Richardson is struggling then why not bring Solly in for a game. Stick with the 4-5-1 but be prepared to switch to 4-4-2 if it isn't working (that's Plan B Parky !).

BTW, first time Parky went back after walking out his Hull side lost 5-1 and he was sacked. Can't see that happening this time, the sack that is.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]because I've a feeling we are going to do Leeds on Saturday.
    *faints*
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]because I've a feeling we are going to do Leeds on Saturday.
    *faints*

won their last fifteen home league games so it's gotta end soon
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]3-1 win but i still dont think that'll be enough to keep certain quarters happy ;-)

Uncle, during the Championship winning season when we went 15 games unbeaten some people on the pink Oboe list suggested, quite seriously, that it was "boring" winning all the time.

Accept it Unc, some people will never be be happy unless they are moaning.

I'm begining to Henry i'm begining to.
  • League One fixtures
    Tuesday, 29 September 2009

Brentford v Southend, 19:45
    Colchester v Charlton, 19:45
    Exeter v Swindon, 19:45
    Leeds United v Carlisle, 19:45
    Millwall v Yeovil, 19:45
    Norwich v Leyton Orient, 19:45
    Oldham v MK Dons, 19:45
    Southampton v Bristol Rovers, 19:45
    Stockport v Hartlepool, 19:45
    Walsall v Huddersfield, 19:45
    Wycombe v Tranmere, 19:45

Dickson v Pardew at the New Dell

Not sure where the other fixture, Brighton v Gills, is in two weeks time.
  • Charlton to win...

Team - I'd replace Llera with Sodje and if he's fit Semedo will come back for Spring, otherwise unchanged team and the same boring, boring 4-5-1...
  • We don't have a good record vs Bothroyd
  • With those fixtures, if we win could be a lot of daylight between us and 3rd.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Not sure where the other fixture, Brighton v Gills, is in two weeks time.

it is at the Withdean Stadium, where Brighton play all their home games. If you meant why is it in two weeks time then it's because GB and his mob are having some sort of conference in Brighton.
  • edited September 2009
    With us and Leeds both winning and none of the play-off place teams winning - there's a chink of daylight at the moment.

Could be a big week this - of course we can afford to drop points, but if we win tomorrow and don't lose to Leeds then all of a sudden it becomes more than just a good start.
  • [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]We don't have a good record vs Bothroyd

Does Boothroyd have a good record against us? Most of our games against Watford in recent years were draws