Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Exeter - Your player ratings

Comments

• Options
    Elliot - 6
    Richardson - 5
    Dailly - 7.5
    Llera - 5
    Youga - 8
    Sam - 6.5
    Racon - 6.5
    Shelvey - 6.5
    Bailey - 7
    Burton -5
    Spring - 7
  • Options
    Elliot - 7, made a few good saves, distribution good, some weak spots.
    Richardson - 6 I'm afraid, didn't do as well as usual, slightly unsteady - lacking in confidence or something?
    Dailly - 7, very steady, as per usual, maybe a bit more anonymous.
    Llera - 6, still cack myself when he wants the ball and gets it. Can be bloody frightening.
    Youga - 7.5 and Man of the Match, I suppose. (This was a case of the team being greater than the sum of the parts.) He ran forward with conviction and played calmly. Still needs to show a little more defensively...
    Sam - 7, excellent first half, faded somewhat in the second. Needs an end product and to TAKE PEOPLE ON!
    Racon - 7.5, not quite MOM but just under. Slightly. Tricksy, gutsy, and technically able. Good game for him.
    Shelvey - 7, he needs to learn he's not surrounded by footballing gods who won't pick up on all his little movements and ideas. But he's learning. Good game in general, calm, intelligent.
    Bailey - 7, captained well. Got his goal nicely, my famous last words being "short corners never work". Was reliable and starting to pick up from what I thought of him a few games ago.
    Burton - 6.5, he faded in the second when Exeter became wise to his mission briefing. That being said, he made a few mistakes. Not his best but still passable.
    Spring - 6.5, a bit anonymous. We missed Semedo and while Spring didn't play badly he's a different type of player.

McLeod looked lively, and again, it was a team performance. Midfield was excellent as a unit, perhaps not so when analysed individually.
  • Options
    Elliot - 7
    Richardson - 6.5
    Dailly - 7
    Llera - 6.5
    Youga - 8
    Sam - 7
    Racon - 8.5
    Shelvey - 6.5
    Bailey - 7
    Burton - 6.5
    Spring - 8

McLeod - 7
  • Options
    Elliot - 6.5 Goodish save, got lucky on the re-bound with his legs, decent throws and kicks, and took some crosses quite well. needs a crash course in spanish to communicate with Miguel
    Richardson - 6.5 they put their nippy attacker on him, and tried to go down his side a lot, they failed though.
    Dailly - 7 Consistently good, easy to take for granted, always looks a bit tired towards the end of games.
    Llera - 5 Never hides, Wish he would sometimes! Loves getting the ball and being involved.
    Youga - 8 My MOM, got forward well, a strictly come dancing moment, neat snap shot in first half, no worries at the back.
    Sam - 6.5 good first half, especially good first half-hour, faded.
    Racon - 7 Different game without Semedo, had to share defensive duties with Spring, some good moments.
    Shelvey - 6.5 Decent, still has the 'unexpected' factor.
    Bailey - 7 Better than recently, good goal, adapted, still something intangible missing.
    Burton - 6.5 OK, not a lot of support, like Sam, started well then faded.
    Spring - 7 Did OK, even a bit of tackling back, but not the bite of Semedo.

Parkinson 7.5 Got the points so he did well.

Crowd 6.5, uneven, but rallied.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]I really don't understand what part of "just post your scores" people don't get every week.

Er, it doesn't say that anywhere.
  • Options
    Elliot - 6
    Richardson - 5
    Dailly - 7
    Llera - 6.5
    Youga - 7.5
    Sam - 7
    Racon - 6
    Shelvey - 6.5
    Bailey -7
    Burton -5
    Spring - 6.5
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]I really don't understand what part of "just post your scores" people don't get every week.

Er, it doesn't say that anywhere.

"Be grateful if those at the game could copy and paste the bit below (in that order) and give your ratings out of ten (half marks allowed)"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]

Agree with you soundas...Didn't get much of an outlet with Sam today either! Looked like Sam was carrying a knock after that crunching tackle and never got back in the game.Youga was superb today, well done Kelly.Sound performance overall but could have been oh so different if not for Robbie's great save.

Elliot -7
    Richardson -7
    Dailly -7.5
    Llera -7
    Youga -8.5 MOM
    Sam -6
    Racon -7
    Shelvey -7
    Bailey -7.5
    Burton -7
    Spring -7.5

Not quite got the hang of the quoting thingy!
  • Options
    Elliot -7
    Richardson - 6
    Dailly - 8
    Llera - 6
    Youga - 8
    Sam - 6
    Racon -7
    Shelvey -7
    Bailey -8
    Burton - 7
    Spring - 7
  • Options
    Elliot - 7 fantastic double save, and collecting more crosses than a bible belt 'ho. Not at fault for the goal.
    Richardson - 5 Got turned inside out by Noone, but was solid enough in the second half once he'd switched over to the other side. Couple of decent crosses.
    Dailly - 7.5 Rock solid, classy: wish we'd had him last year.
    Llera - 5 A few great passes masked a number of nightmarish errors. Turned inside out a few times and saved by Spring, poor finishing and the lino.
    Youga - 7.5 Rarely put a foot wrong, but sometime rampaged forward with a little too much abandon - sometimes to great effect
    Sam - 7 Got a knock on 40, and rarely showed much after that, other than the odd flourish, but previously was our best player, crossing with both feet and knocking markers off the ball like they weren't there.
    Racon - 6.5 As ever some wonderful touches, but looked a little weary and gave more away than we've been spoiled to expect.
    Shelvey - 5.5 Starting to look like a 17 year old that's played every game. Too eager to shoot, missed a number of passes in good position, but still looked a class above most others.
    Bailey - 7 Covered Youga's marauding and is starting to look really at home on the left, dinging a few good crosses in from there. Looking like a proper captain. CAPTAIN GINGER!
    Burton - 6.5 Worked hard again, but was crying out for someone to play a bit closer to him.
    Spring - 6.5 Very solid, intelligent performance

McLeod 5.5 Isolated up front with little chance to make much impact (other than goalkeeping gifts)
    Wagstaff SV
    Sodje SV
    Opposition Notable: Noone 8 (MOM) Having torn Richardson apart in the 1st switched onto the right in the second where he gave Youga a tough time, but didn't quite hit the same heights despite continuing to be troublesome. Took his goal well having shown the defence a clean set of heels, only to be thwarted by the lino, was thankfully subbed immediately after.

Never heard of him before: we should be scouting...

Parky 5: short of sending an embossed invite couldn't have given Exeter more of a come on than sticking Shizzle up front, on his own. Took a bit of luck and a marginal offside decision to prevent us from dropping a couple of points or worse. Needs to learn how to close out a game. Failed to act on Sam's injury or Shelvey's fatigue. Good result in a game that we dominated for the most part, but did everything possible to throw it away.

Appreciate in a results are everything business I'll be on my own criticising the manager, but he's had much better games that he's lost and been slaughtered for.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Elliot - 6 couple of mistakes that should have been Exeter goals
    Richardson - 6 Looked off the pace at first - got better later on
    Dailly - 8 Solid throughout
    Llera - 7 good at times, bad at other times - seems to be no inbetween
    Youga - 9 Best performance for a long time
    Sam - 7 Tried hard and got some decent crosses in
    Racon - 7 Played ok but needs to wise up to teams closing him down quickly
    Shelvey - 6 Same as Racon, needs to wise up to being closed down quickly - looks like he could benefit from a rest for a couple of games
    Bailey - 7 Some good crosses, just lack of bodies in the box
    Burton - 7 Worked hard as always
    Spring - 7 Did well as holding midfielder

We were clearly better then Exeter, but have shown like we did againsy Soton, that when a team matches us for formation we are a little short of ideas on how to break them down. Panicked and went for the long ball option far too often.
  • Options
    Elliott - 7, apart from one dangerous drop of the ball in his area, no real concerns. In fact, looking back, he was not forced to do too much. Some excellent catches from corners.
    Richardson - 6, not one of his best games. Defending and distribution were areas for concern today. He will want to forget this game.
    Youga - 7.5, improving every game. After a shaky start to the season, he is a different player. Now getting the confidence to take players on and attack. Developing a good partnership with Nicky Bailey.
    Bailey - 8, my man of the match. The defensive header and goal were already enough, but gave a good captain's performance once again.
    Llera - 6.5, passing not as accurate as it has been this season, but overall ok. Did not get his 5th booking.
    Shelvey - 6.5, fully committed to the cause. Not as good a display as the last couple of games, but still way above the level of this division. We will see better this season.
    Racon - 7, not as good without his normal partner, Jose was definitely missed by his midfield. Still a fairly solid performance.
    Burton - 7, strong player and on another day would have scored.
    Sam - 8, caused Exeter a lot of concern. Very lively and is definitely maturing into a first-class team player.
    Spring - 7, pleasing display. I was concerned that he was playing but he did not let us down.
    Dailly - 7, confident and experienced. I've said it before and will say it again - so pleased he is part of our team.
  • Options
    Elliot -6
    Richardson -6
    Dailly -6
    Llera -6
    Youga -6
    Sam -6
    Racon -6
    Shelvey -6
    Bailey -6
    Burton - 6
    Spring - 6

Thought it an average game
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: charltonkeston[/cite]Elliot -6
    Richardson -6
    Dailly -6
    Llera -6
    Youga -6
    Sam -6
    Racon -6
    Shelvey -6
    Bailey -6
    Burton - 6
    Spring - 6

You must have put a great deal of thought, time and effort into that post!!
  • Options
    Elliot -7
    Richardson - 6
    Dailly - 7.5
    Llera - 6
    Youga - 8.5
    Sam - 7
    Racon -7
    Shelvey -7
    Bailey -7
    Burton - 7
    Spring - 7.5
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: charltonkeston[/cite]Elliot -6
    Richardson -6
    Dailly -6
    Llera -6
    Youga -6
    Sam -6
    Racon -6
    Shelvey -6
    Bailey -6
    Burton - 6
    Spring - 6

You must have put a great deal of thought, time and effort into that post!!

On reflection, I might have been a little hard on one or two of the players there.
  • Options
    Elliot - 7 - reliable and steady
    Richardson - 7 - Better going forward - odd turn of speed
    Dailly - 7 - Rock solid most of the time
    Llera - 6 - Not rock solid - bit flaky.
    Youga - 8 - Great going forward - swapping places with Bailey successfully
    Sam - 7 - Not his best - but committed
    Racon - 8 - Solid, skillful, MOTM
    Shelvey - 6 - Not his best - tries too hard sometimes
    Bailey - 7.5 Captain's performance - not really a foot wrong
    Burton - 5 Poor game, poor passing and control
    Spring - 7 Better performance than I expected

Wagstaff - 5 never got into the game
    McLeod - 7 Took his goal well and worked hard
    Sodje - 6 - not enough time
  • Options
    Elliot -6.5
    Richardson -5.5
    Dailly -8
    Llera -6
    Youga -7.5
    Sam -6
    Racon -6
    Shelvey -7
    Bailey -7.5
    Burton -6
    Spring -6.5
  • Options
    Elliot - 7
    Richardson - 6
    Dailly - 7.5
    Llera - 6
    Youga - 8
    Sam - 7.5
    Racon - 6.5
    Shelvey - 7.5
    Bailey - 7
    Burton - 5.5
    Spring - 7.5
  • Options
    Elliot - 6
    Richardson - 8
    Dailly - 7
    Llera - 6
    Youga - 7.5
    Sam - 7
    Racon - 7.5
    Shelvey - 6
    Bailey - 7
    Burton - 6
    Spring - 7
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]"Be grateful if those at the game could copy and paste the bit below (in that order) and give your ratings out of ten (half marks allowed)"

It doesn't say "no comments allowed" though does it
  • Options
    Elliot - 6
    Richardson - 5
    Dailly - 8
    Llera - 5.5
    Youga - 8
    Sam - 7
    Racon - 6
    Shelvey - 6
    Bailey - 6.5
    Burton - 6
    Spring - 6
  • Options
    Elliot - 6.5 - couple of good stops but not commanding his box imho
    Richardson - 6.5 - Looked very slow to me.
    Dailly - 7 - Steady
    Llera - 7 - Steady
    Youga - 7 - Started to look an attacking threat now imho
    Sam - 8 - My MOTM - confidence is the key with LS and he has plenty at the moment.
    Racon - 7 - Looked less dominant without Semedo next to him.
    Shelvey - 7 - Workrate not in question but made too many poor decisions imho.
    Bailey - 7 - Still looks to be carrying an injury to me. Disapeared for spell in 2nd half.
    Burton - 6.5 - Not his best game by any means but works hard.
    Spring - 6.5 - Against this class of opposition he should have been strutting his stuff but didn`t.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]

Opposition Notable: Noone 8 (MOM) Having torn Richardson apart in the 1st switched onto the right in the second where he gave Youga a tough time, but didn't quite hit the same heights despite continuing to be troublesome. Took his goal well having shown the defence a clean set of heels, only to be thwarted by the lino, was thankfully subbed immediately after.

Was absoluted class this kid. Was relieved when he came off.

Great to see the passion and team spirit in the team particularly during the scuffle in the goal after they scored.

Leeds will be the real test as on their current form and performance against liverpool they look like they could be doing the business in the championship more than capably.
  • Options
    Certainly Leeds are flying but I can still see what Millwall did to them in the playoffs last season. Once they hit a poorer spell of form I`m not so sure that they are all they are cracked up to be.
  • Options
    Sam scoring more than anyone else in our team is unvbelivable you can not say he had a great half hour and still score him over 6 the bloke was blowing out of his arse from 38 mins i checked the clock when i noticed how knackerd he was. he didnt put one more telling run into the whole game, he didnt track back nor take a risk 4wd for the remainder of the game
  • Options
    Elliot -7
    Richardson - 5.5
    Dailly - 7.5
    Llera - 6
    Youga - 7.5
    Sam - 5.5
    Racon -6.5
    Shelvey -7
    Bailey -6.5
    Burton - 7.5
    Spring - 7.5
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Elliot - 7 I must have missed all these many mistakes and flaps. Never once so him come for a cross and not catch or punch it. Handling mistake just prior to their goal but otherwise sound

Richardson - 6 Not his best game against a good winder but kept at it

Dailly - 7.5 Commanding and captain like

Llera - 6.5 The closing down of Sam meant his cross field passes often didn't reach their target and he looks clumsy but he is aggresive and attacks the ball.

Youga - 7.5 Good defending esp 2nd half when up against Noone. Why have Plymouth not recalled him. Looks good going forward as well. Won a good free kick that was nearly turned in by Bailey early on.

Sam - 7 Started well but had two men on him. Stretched them and had the assist for the first goal. Lovely tricks in the corner at the end.

Racon - 6.5 huge fan of his but not his best game. Mix of fantastic skills and triple tackles and giving the ball away too easily. Maybe he missed Semedo

Shelvey - 6.5 Involved in both goals but less effective on the ball than normal. Had a decent chance late on to at least test the keeper.

Bailey - 7 Good goal and worked well with Youga, covering Kelly when the Frenchman went forward. Moved into the middle late on to close the game off.

Burton - 6.5 they did a job on him and Shelvey Sam and Bailey were too often too far off him but not a good performance although he was not as some idiots said "awful" or lacking "interest" FFS

Spring - 7.5 Came into for first league game of the season and swept up well, kept the ball moving and put some tackles in when DM is not really his best position IMHO.

Wagstaff - 6 Hardly touched the ball and could have been booked for one wild tackle but not afraid to work hard at both ends

McLeod - 7 Scored a strikers goal, made the runs after the ball over the top and stretched them when we needed that out ball. Can only hope that his confidence is given the boost it needs. Could plainly see what it meant to him and the rest of the squad.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Elliot - 8 - Good distribution form foot and hand, dealt with crosses well and made one amazing, if slightly fortuatous (sp?) save.
    Richardson - 5 - I've not been totally sold on Richardson yet and thought he had a tough time, likes to get tight to wingers but doesn't have the pace to recover if he misjudges and gets turned. Got forward quite well on a couple of occasions though.
    Dailly - 8 - Solid as a rock and absolutely unflapable. Brilliant through ball in the build up to Bailey's header that hit Burton. Absolutely superb bit of free transfer business.
    Llera - 5 - Some really bad Bambi on ice momments yesterday and not as dominant in the air. Think that first header from Sodje showed that for all Llera's commitment, he's not quite as dominant and powerful in the air as we'd like to think. Whole-hearted as ever though, but perhaps time to lose the scrum cap.
    Youga - 8.5 - Very solid defensively and rampant going forward. Loved the the way him and Sam were tomenting Exeter down by the NW corner flag and that late header back to Bobby E was great.
    Sam - 7 - would have been 10 for the first 20 mins when he was absolutely tearing Exeter to shreads, but got doubled up on and then went a bit quiet. Still remained our most threatening player. Looks full of confidence right now and bursting with end product.
    Racon - 7.5 - Busy first hour but looked a bit leggy towards the end. Playing with a panache that wouldn't look out of place in the Arsenal midfield right now
    Shelvey - 6 - Some good moments, that showed the lads potential, but made a few bad calls and had an air of Darren Ambrose about him second half, often choosing to stand and point rather than close down himself - suspect that is more down to fatigue than laziness though. Inexperience sill sometimes whe he comes looking for the ball when he needs to stay closer to Burton, but give me a player who wants the ball over some of the shower we've seen in recent years any day.
    Bailey - 7 - Started game like he wanted a goal, went a bit quiet after his goal but was mainly doing a very disciplined job for the team sitting and covering Youga's marauding runs.
    Burton - 6.5 - Not up to his recent standard but I think his abscence was still very noticable when he went off.
    Spring - 7 - Solid if unspectacular performance, had one of his better games for us overall and stayed disciplined in the Semedo role, which perhaps isn't his natural position.

Mcleod - 6 - Took his gift of a goal and looked very releaved to finally net at the Valley, but he still looks a limited player to me. Would fair batter playing off Burton.

Parky - 5.5 - Sent us out very fired up and we got the win, but there were some strange subs. Jonjo was clearly tiring and Sam's influence was diminishing. Sticking Mcleod up top on his own was always going to make it hard to retain possession, and we nearly paid the price.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]

Was absoluted class this kid. Was relieved when he came off.

Only on loan from Argyle, as he couldn't get into their bottom of the table team.
    Noone ...they call him No One at Argyle....... as in No One played well today.