Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Exeter - Your player ratings

edited September 2009 in General Charlton
Be grateful if those at the game could copy and paste the bit below (in that order) and give your ratings out of ten (half marks allowed):

Elliot -
Richardson -
Dailly -
Llera -
Youga -
Sam -
Racon -
Shelvey -
Bailey -
Burton -
Spring -

Comments

• Elliot - 6. Bit of a flap here & there, coaching staff need to tell him he doesn't have to come for every cross
    Richardson - 4. Nightmare. Like him and wonder if the injury effected him.
    Dailly - 7.5. Solid as ever.
    Llera - 7. Steady. Still a couple of heart in the mouth moments.
    Youga - 8.5. Quality defending and absolutely brilliant when attacking. What a difference some confidence makes.
    Sam - 6.5. Suffered with Exeter doubling up on him.
    Racon - 7. Unusually quiet. What he did do had the use touch of class about it.
    Shelvey - 6.5. Quiet afternoon.
    Bailey - 7.5. Good finish and getting back to his best.
    Burton - 6. Not helped by a complete lack of support from midfield. Very isolated.
    Spring - 7. Steady. Not Semedo though.

Mcleod - 7. Again looked lively and hopefully he will go on and score a few more.
    Wagstaff - 5. No influence.
    Sodje - 5. No time.
  • Elliot - 7 Good distribution.
    Richardson - 6 Below par.
    Dailly - 8 Held us together.
    Llera - 6.5 Better this week but still plenty of room for improvement
    Youga - 8.5 Getting better each game.
    Sam - 7.5 Nearly always delivers a cross. Shame we don't have someone on the end of a few of them.
    Racon - 6 Playing too deep of late IMO.
    Shelvey - 7 Plenty of graft
    Bailey - 7.5 Much more like him.
    Burton - 6.5 Not as good as in recent weeks.
    Spring - 7 Effective enough.

Mcleod - 7
    Wagstaff - 6
  • Elliot - 6
    Richardson - 6.5
    Dailly - 7
    Llera - 6.5
    Youga -7.5
    Sam - 7
    Racon - 6
    Shelvey - 6
    Bailey - 6
    Burton - 6
    Spring - 7
  • Elliot - 7
    Richardson - 6
    Dailly - 8
    Llera - 6
    Youga - 8
    Sam - 6
    Racon - 7
    Shelvey - 7
    Bailey - 7
    Burton - 7
    Spring - 8
  • Elliot - 7 couple of good saves, 1 deano kick
    Richardson - 5 pretty woeful but still usefull going forward
    Daily - 7.5 Thank god he was there to mop up after llera, great positional sense, superb in the tackle
    Llera - 5 Great in air but scares the shit out of me with the ball on the deck, clearly a man low on confidence
    Youga - 8 MOM Really solid at back great going forward, will deff get some goals this season
    Sam - 6.5 Not his best game for us but very skillful with ball at his feet, some good croses, seemed injuried in first half thou, didnt run for anything for rest of game
    Racon - 6 2 or 3 moments of absolute class, but game passed him by a little
    Shelvy - 6.5 Some moments of class but also some poor decisions, should have played burton through a few times
    Bailey - 7.5 Captain fantastic chipped in with a goal, good all round performance
    Burton - 6.5 Should have scored in first 20 min, but was feeding off scraps for the rest of the game, still ran and hastled relentlessly throughout game
    Spring - 7 good performance, still hope to dear god semedo's fit again soon

Wagstaff - Didnt really have time to impress
    Izale - Glad he got his goal, stretched their defence when he game on with his pace and power
  • Elliot - 6.5 - Decent enough, but made two or three very silly decisions which would have cost us against a better side
    Richardson - 6 - Good going forward, pants when he needed to defend
    Dailly - 7.5 - Commanding. Dealt with the threat of Llera (no that's not a typo) well all game
    Llera - 5 - God he gives me nightmares. An accident waiting to happen.
    Youga - 7.5 - Excellent going forward, and pace gets him out of trouble a lot at the back
    Sam - 7 - Quieter today, due to having two men marking him, but still contributed enough and put a shift in
    Racon - 8 - How everyone else didn't see how effective he was today I'll never know. My MOM - again.
    Shelvey - 6.5 - Poor decision making. I think he needs a rest - though never went missing, even when things weren'g going right for him.
    Bailey - 7 - Much more involved than in the last couple of weeks.
    Burton - 7 - Thankless task against a good centre half who marked him out of the game. Held the ball up well first half but faded badly in the second.
    Spring - 7 - Pretty good. Better than any performance last year anyway.

McLeod - 7 - Pleased he scored. He looked pretty pleased too!
    Wagstaff - 5 - No time to make a contribution
    Sodje - 5 - Ditto

Overall a pretty average performance - but if we can play average and still win I'll settle for that!
  • Elliot - 7 good recovery from poor spillage
    Richardson - 6 looked great at times and shit in others
    Dailly - 8 solid dependable hard working and honest a real good example of a pro footballer MOM
    Llera - 6 i really worry about this lad
    Youga - 7.5 did really well today close to mom performance
    Sam - 5 blowing out of his arse after 35 mins today offered nothing surprised he got through to the end sort out your fitness son FFS
    Racon - 7 held the midfield well
    Shelvey - 6 tried hard but was below his high standards
    Bailey - 7 looked to be getting back to his best at times
    Burton - 7 shouldnt have come off
    Spring 7.5 well done this man without him we would have lost

McLeod - 7 - another player who tried hard and got his reward very pleased for him getting his goal cool finish tbf
    Wagstaff - 5 - no chance to influence the game put his foot in a couple of times so he is trying to lose the light weight tag
    Sodje - 5 cant wait for his first full game i have missed you sodje

Good 3 points poor football today thought Exeter did well to weather an early bombardment would have been a different game had Baileys head not hit Burton on the back

Grecian fans were blinding love the Cider song.

Parky - 6 got away with it imo i thought sam played 50 mins to long and we should have gone 442 when Deon come off
  • Elliot - 6 Not quite as good as he has been in my view. We were lucky the one he fumbled was given offside!
    Richardson - 6 Noone was a tricky, troublesome little winger so credit to Frazer for sticking to the task, even when being skinned and still contributing going forward despite carrying a groin injury
    Dailly - 7 Commanding as ever has helped Youga immensely in my view
    Llera - 5 Can't help liking the bloke but distinctly suspect at times!
    Youga - 8 My man of the match. Good going forward and efficient defensively all day.
    Sam - 7 9 for the first 15 20 minutes but, as he does, tired later
    Racon - 7 Tenacious and effective for most of the match
    Shelvey - 7 Not as conspicuous on the ball today but watch his running off the ball. Always tries to make himself available to receive a pass
    Bailey - 7 Great finish and seemed to come good when we were looking wobbly towards the end
    Burton - 7 Not as good as usual but have you ever tried breathing through a broken nose? He didn't hide and that is why he gets 7 rather than 6.
    Spring - 7 Excellent first half but faded in the second half. Not surprising given the conditions and the fact he has played no first team football

McLeod -7 his pace worrried them and he got that little bit of luck every striker needs when the keeper made that error. Hopefully he will start to score regularly as his confidence grows.

Wagstaff -6 Not really on for long but the game seemed to pass him by. He does look lightweight.

Sodje - If you blinked you would have missed him. He came on one header the ref blew up and Usain Bolt might have had a job to keep up with him given the speed he headed for the dressing room!
  • Elliot - 6.5
    Richardson - 5
    Dailly - 7
    Llera - 6.5
    Youga - 8 MOM
    Sam - 6
    Racon - 7
    Shelvey - 6.5
    Bailey - 7.5
    Burton - 5
    Spring - 7
  • Elliot - 6
    Richardson - 6
    Dailly - 6
    Llera - 5
    Youga - 8
    Sam - 6
    Racon - 7
    Shelvey - 7
    Bailey - 7
    Burton - 6
    Spring - 6
  • Sponsored links:

• Elliot - 6.5
    Richardson - 6.5
    Dailly - 7
    Llera -6
    Youga - 8
    Sam - 6.5
    Racon - 7
    Shelvey - 6.5
    Bailey - 6.5
    Burton - 6.5
    Spring - 6.5
  • edited September 2009
    Elliot - 6 he has played better in all the other games this season
    Richardson - 5.5 poor distribution early on and got "done" a few times by their left sided player (Noone thanks Len).
    Dailly - 7.5 solid, snuffed out most of what Exeter had to offer.
    Llera - 6 good enough in the air but he is prone to let a few bounce, which gets him into trouble. Distsribution is a bit of a lottery at present.
    Youga - 8.5 best left back in this division going forward. His defending today added to his forward play and earns him MOM.
    Sam - 7.5 cut the left back to pieces all the first half and was sound if unspectacular second (the keep ball in the final minutes....... quality)
    Racon - 6.5 some brilliant moments but caught in possesion on occasions. He should be more influential against teams in the lower half, but wasn't today.
    Shelvey - 6 has played better in most of the other games this season, just wasn't his day today.
    Bailey - 7 got in some decent forward positions again and was in the right place for the goal. Kept possesion well and linked up well with Youga.
    Burton - 5 he should have realised early on that his footware was an issue. Slipped far too often and we didn't see too much of the excellent hold up play that has been a feature this season.
    Spring - 6.5 cool and played it simple if unspectacular. Doesn't put his foot in as much as Semedo, but still effective in the holding role.

McLeod - great to see him on the scoresheet, let's hope it gives him some confidence now and that we see the best of him.
  • Did a list with comments but it all disappeared and i'm now sulking! ;0)

Elliot - 6.5
    Richardson - 6
    Dailly - 7.5
    Llera - 6
    Youga - 8
    Sam - 6.5
    Racon - 7
    Shelvey - 6.5
    Bailey - 7
    Burton - 7
    Spring - 7
  • Elliot - 7, prone to the odd rush of blood and misjudgement but overwise sound.
    Richardson - 6, didn't look 100% fit and lacks a bit of pace at the best of times.
    Dailly - 7.5, our defensive rock.
    Llera - 7, the same 110% commitment as always, but looking a bit tired and mistake prone. Time for a rest?
    Youga - 7.5, defensively sound, a couple of good blocks and got forward well.
    Sam - 7, tightly marked, but played well and some good touches when he got space.
    Racon - 8, good game, nearly had a goal and looked for and made the right passes. My MoM.
    Shelvey -7, struggled a bit, but worked hard and had an assist.
    Bailey - 7.5, good game, tracked back, worked hard, scored a deserved goal.
    Burton - 7, struggled under tight marking and perhaps one of those days when the flicks and lay-offs didn't quite happen.
    Spring - 7.5, had a good game, took over from Semedo well and played to the style as though he'd had considerably more practice. Played well enough for us not to miss Semedo.

Wagstaff - 5, never really got involved but didn't do much wrong.
    McLeod, 7.5, looked up for it and an easy shot to score, well done on being in the right place and looking for the mistake.
    Sodje - should have been given longer than a couple of minutes in injury time. I think if I had to drop any of the starting players for Colchester it'd be Llera and he's the natural replacement, so I wish he'd had a little longer to acclimatise himself.

Parky - changed tactics when he had to, but didn't over interfere, we were on top for most of the game.
  • Elliot - 7 - Because of that save when they were through on goal
    Richardson - 7 Good steady game, as usual
    Dailly - 7 As above
    Llera - 6 Bit of indecision in places could have cost us
    Youga - 7 Sound, push forward well
    Sam - 7 Not his best game, but played well
    Racon - 8.5, my MOTM
    Shelvey - 7 Solid Jonjo performance
    Bailey - 7.5 Captain's armband has helped him mature
    Burton - 7.5 Ran tirelessly, great hold up play.
    Spring - 6.5 Didn't notice him, maybe that's good?

Wagstaff - 5 never got into the game
    McLeod - 7 Took his goal well, seemed to find an extra yeard once he scored. Could this be the turning point for Izzy?
    Sodje - 7, just for that header

Parky - 8 Tactics spot on and what a celebration for Izzy's goal.
  • Elliot - 6
    Richardson - 5
    Dailly - 7.5
    Llera - 6
    Youga - 8
    Sam - 6
    Racon - 6
    Shelvey - 6
    Bailey - 7
    Burton - 6
    Spring - 7
  • Elliot - 7
    Richardson - 7
    Daily - 7
    Llera - 6
    Youga - 8 (mom)
    Sam - 7
    Racon - 7
    Spring - 7
    Bailey - 7.5
    Shelvey - 5.5
    Burton - 6
  • Elliot - 6
    Richardson - 5
    Dailly - 6
    Llera - 5
    Youga - 7
    Sam - 7
    Racon - 7
    Shelvey - 6
    Bailey - 5
    Burton - 5
    Spring - 4
  • Seen one or two very poor marks for Richardson......difficult one this, simply because that little winger Noone was bloody useful....rather than Richardson being poor.
  • Elliot - 7
    Richardson - 6.5
    Dailly - 7
    Llera - 6
    Youga - 8.5 MOM
    Sam - 7
    Racon - 7.5
    Shelvey - 6.5
    Bailey - 7
    Burton - 7
    Spring - 8
  • Sponsored links:

• Elliot - 6
    Richardson - 6
    Dailly - 6
    Llera - 6
    Youga - 7
    Sam - 6
    Racon - 6
    Shelvey - 6
    Bailey - 7
    Burton - 5
    Spring - 6
  • Elliot -7
    Richardson -5.5
    Dailly -7
    Llera -7
    Youga -8
    Sam -7
    Racon -7.5
    Shelvey -6.5
    Bailey -7
    Burton - 5
    Spring - 6
  • Elliot - 6
    Richardson - 5
    Llera - 7
    Dailly - 6
    Youga - 7
    Sam - 7
    Racon - 7
    Spring - 8
    Shelvey - 7
    Bailey - 7
    Burton - 5

McLeod - 7
    Sodje - 7
    Wagstaff - 6
  • Elliot - 6 - Most of the time reliable as usual, more mistakes than usual though.
    Richardson - 5 - Did ok at times but too many mistakes.
    Dailly - 7 - Generally solid. Get the feeling he must really help the other three out, as they all make silly mistakes at times.
    Llera - 5.5 - Not as good as he has been, few too many error, but wasn't punished for it.
    Youga - 7.5- Playing with confidence again, which means he makes less mistakes.
    Sam - 7 - Started the game well. Very important to us.
    Racon - 7 - Rarely panics on the ball, which does lead to him giving it away at times. Still not seen the best of him but decent enough.
    Shelvey - 7 - Again decent enough like Racon, but can get better. At times he was choosing the wrong option or not getting something quite right.
    Bailey - 6.5 - Did ok, nice to see him score again, we needed that first goal.
    Burton - 6 - Not at his best, but second half Exeter changed their formation and positions players were in, and completely cut Burton off. Several times he had 4/5 Exeter players around him, which made it very hard for him to keep posession.
    Spring - 7 - Did Semedo's job well enough. Doesn't have the strength or ability in the air that Semedo has, but didn't actually need it. Fine as back up for games like this, big games or against certain teams we need Semedo in there.
  • Elliot - 6.5
    Richardson - 5
    Dailly - 7
    Llera - 5
    Youga - 8.5
    Sam - 7
    Racon - 7
    Shelvey - 6
    Bailey - 6
    Burton - 6
    Spring - 7

McLeod - 7.5
  • Elliot - 6 - Not one of his better games, spilled one towards the end which could have cost a goal.
    Richardson - 5 - improved second half
    Dailly - 7 - Mr Consistency. Always in the right place
    Llera - 7 - couple of scary moments but I thought he had one of his better games today
    Youga - 8 - put in the most effort out of all of them and some good runs
    Sam - 7 - started fantastically, faded
    Racon - 6.5 - wish he would move up the pitch more sometimes
    Shelvey - 6 - looked tired today
    Bailey - 7 - good game and good goal
    Burton - 7 - worked tirelessly as usual
    Spring - 7 - very good in the first half, faded at the end

Mcleod - 4 - I gave him 3 for the goal and 1 for the rest (at least you can't say I am fickle!)
    Wagstaff - 6 -not really long enough but closed down well
  • Elliot - 7 steady, good distribution
    Richardson - 7
    Dailly - 7
    Llera - 5 a bit of a liability when he has time to think
    Youga - 8
    Sam - 7
    Racon - 7
    Shelvey - 5
    Bailey - 7.5
    Burton - 6
    Spring - 7

McLeod - 7.5
    Wagstaffe 6
    Sodje 5
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Seen one or two very poor marks for Richardson......difficult one this, simply because that little winger Noone was bloody useful....rather than Richardson being poor.[/quote]

I marked him very low today as I thought he had a shocker. Was surprised as I think he has been one of our most consistent players this year.

IMHO - for a very experienced player he didn't play Noone very well. He was very very lucky not to get booked in the first few minutes, he kept getting the wrong side of him. He needed to get tighter on him and there were a few instances when Noone had to do very little to get past him, Richardson kept showing him inside which Noone was more than happy to accept. Really think the injury is effecting him because at times he looked like he was running in quick sand.

For me it wasn't just about how he played Noone either, thought his distribution was poor.

Thought he was going to get done for persistent fouling as well.
  • My ratings are a bit harsh on Richardson and Sam, but I think they should've been substituted. Both looked on their last legs after the hour mark. So their low marks are almost no fault of their own.

Elliot - 7
    Richardson - 4
    Dailly - 7
    Llera - 7
    Youga - 8
    Sam - 5 (was excellent first half, but looked shattered second half, and contributed little)
    Racon - 6.5
    Shelvey - 6.5
    Bailey - 6
    Burton - 5
    Spring - 7.5 (can't believe someone gave him 4 above, he had a good game)
  • I really don't understand what part of "just post your scores" people don't get every week.

Elliot - 7
    Richardson - 6
    Dailly - 7
    Llera - 6
    Youga - 8
    Sam - 7
    Racon - 6.5
    Shelvey - 6
    Bailey - 6.5
    Burton - 6
    Spring - 6.5

There you go - just the scores.