Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Leeds Fanzine Magazine

13»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]yes Bobby also has lovely thighs..

he didnt give a shit

so when exactly is the pre-season friendly ??
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ChicagoAddick[/cite]Jeez. There maybe a job for you at The Standard if you can keep that kind of quality up Ru.
    [cite]Posted By: ChicagoAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]How does it work large which i con do i click next but yea your right i dont.

Blimey, I think The Standard will be on the phone shortly....

I have got a job interview with them :-) they just called me LOL i wish.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    The Italian is now expected to sign a contract with Lazio and, as part of the deal, the Serie A side will play a friendly in South London next summer.

did i miss that friendly???

large you're too quick!
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Sometimes...

Haha im with you JT standing corrected
  • Options
    Yes mate, you are entitled to your point of view ... but to be honest it's complete bolox.

Paolo was totally committed to the cause, never shirked out, possibly had highest number of assists that season ... he never gave less than 100% in a Charlton shirt.

Apart from that well done for giving the fanzine a go.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]Yes mate, you are entitled to your point of view ... but to be honest it's complete bolox.

Paolo was totally committed to the cause, never shirked out, possibly had highest number of assists that season ... he never gave less than 100% in a Charlton shirt.

Apart from that well done for giving the fanzine a go.

I just felt whenever i saw him he just gave up too easily.
  • Options
    The worst player to grace the Valley for me was “Paulo Di Canio” not because his ability was poor - it was more to do with his attitude. He was a waste of space for us, our fans thought that he was going to be an ace but all he cared about was going back to Italy.

You couldn't be more wrong. The only regret I had about Di Canio was that he didn't arrive a season or two earlier and maybe stay more than one year. A fantastic player who to be fair knew how to fall over, but played football because he loved the game. Whatever he earnt that season, he deserved every penny.

Many people talk about the Chelsea game on Boxing day and how well Scott Parker played, arguably Di Canio was our MoM that day, setting up at least two of the goals (from memory - it might have been more) - his final passes destroyed Chelsea that day and complemented the work that Parker was doing in midfield.
  • Options
    Sorry but I am amazed at the opinions of Rupert. Di Canio??? Assume you did'nt have the delight of seeing Mike Small at the Den? Or even as a Post Sky Premiership Soccer Am Lovejoy FanZone Super Fan - El Khalej, Blomqvist, Traore, Faye, Diawara, Hasselbaink, Pouso, M.Bent? Amazing how, as a self accepting representative of our support, you can make such clueless comments without tongue in cheek.
  • Options
    Just plain weird thinking. I remember at Fratton Park when he came on as sub when we were 1-0 down, grabbed the entire team by the scruff of the neck, won the last minute corner, raced like a nutter to take it, Bartlett, 2-1 to us and PDC celebrated like he'd won the league.

Looked a great deal like he cared that day, although that might not have been typical of all his away performances possibly.
  • Options
    Well done for making the effort - but you were right about people disagreeing with you!

I'm afraid I have to stick up for PDC as well (worse than Traore...wtf????) - I thought he was great for us and I really enjoyed him being at the club. Good times.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well done for stepping up RU, but please don't do it again, your comments are so wife of the mark. At least this will encourage others to step up if the opportunity arises. If they don't I will, that would be interesting.
  • Options
    hhhhhmmmmmmmmm i think all that needs to be said has been said above.

Indeed
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]

I just felt whenever i saw him he just gave up too easily.

So I'm going to assume that was never?
  • Options
    Ok guys, give the bloke a break now maybe? I think we've established that Rupert (jeez mate you must be good at fighting with a name like that) has called it 100% wrong but at least he gave it a go.
  • Options
    Ru, Respect for writing the piece:
    i had an e-mail from the Leeds people amonth or so ago,saying that "Thanks for the offer, but we have some one else".
    They probably knew I'd slag off Thomas,Big Up Keith Jones and remind Leeds supporters how welcoming they were in the Play-offs at their ground.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite] and remind Leeds supporters how welcoming they were in the Play-offs at their ground.

they were wern't they, lovely bunch. Happy dayz !!
  • Options
    Have to say well done for the oppinions and I was intrigued to read.

I just wish we had other poor free transfers like Di Canio. Legs had gone but all those assists, and linking the play. Deco's one of my fave players, but I knew his style of play would get swamped in the prem. Di Canio was so immensely talented and dedicated, he was able to link play and assist better than Deco in the prem and without his energetic legs of youth. If only we had one free transfer like that every season we'd be still watching prem football. As much as I criticise Curbs for not picking up the quality young cheap players like Huddlestone and Ashton, the free transfers we got like Mhyre, Perry and Di Canio bloody hell.... Then to compare that to wages & transfer of Faye and Traore, oh dear god.