Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Leeds Fanzine Magazine

edited September 2009 in General Charlton
I dont know i any of you rember i was asked to put an article together for the Leeds Fanzine Magazine. So i thought i would post it on here so you could all see what i had written about our beloved CAFC. I am sure some of you wont agree with most of the things i have said but i enjoyed doing it and i think they are pretty greatful too. I could not only put the bit about us on here so the whole fanzine Mag is on here but my bit is on Page 6,7.

/Network/Servers/fry.holidayextras.apple/Volumes/User Data 2/Net_Users_N-S/rupertsladden/Desktop/LeedsFanzine1.pdf

Let me know if the link dont work.

Comments

• Options
    it don't work
  • Options
    Cool bare with me a bit and i will post the whole thing in separte screen shot pics
  • Options
    http://www.leedsunitedfanclub.com/

then click on fanzine down the left hand side.

Your worst player was Paulo Di Canio ????????

Ol my gawd..........
  • Options
    Im sure i've never seen such a long winded answer to how long you have supported charlton.
  • Options
    Di Canio worst player ????? WTF.......I fooking loved him and wish we'd had him longer.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]I am sure some of you wont agree with most of the things i have said

I think you could be right.
  • Options
    Mate - this comment is a load of crap!

The worst player to grace the Valley for me was “Paulo Di Canio” not because his ability was poor - it was more to do with his attitude. He was a waste of space for us, our fans thought that he was going to be an ace but all he cared about was going back to Italy. He never tried or put his heart into one game, for us a total waste of time.

and:

Deon Burton is ok but getting on and does not always give 100%.

Well done on stepping up and contributing though.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Hahaha that Mendonca was crap eh

How can anyone not love a bit of Paolo?

Sums up how little some on here know.
  • Options
    The editor needs shooting imo
  • Options
    Page 8 - "we relegated Gillingham and their odious chairman Mr Scally".

So it's not only us that don't like him then?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Di Canio 'worst player' are you for real? I believe he had more assists than any other player in the Prem in that season.

Also, Burtons been our player of the season so far!! IMHO.

Peter Shaw now there was a bad player!!!
  • Options
    Not too much I agree with to be honest. I'm tempted to give it ago if someone else asks for an interview, in-order to prevent a catastrophe like this from reoccurring!

I believe he is Italian but I rate him too.

????
  • Options
    Llera - a great set-piece taker. Errmm.
  • Options
    The editor certainly needs shooting. The fanzine is full of grammatical errors. Paolo Di Canio is one of our better players in recent times. What about Jesper Blomqvist, Chris Bart-Williams, Djimi Traore etc for worst player.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: demodainty[/cite]The editor certainly needs shooting. The fanzine is full of grammatical errors. Paolo Di Canio is one of our better players in recent times. What about Jesper Blomqvist, Chris Bart-Williams, Djimi Traore etc for worst player.

fanzines are not meant to be gramatically correct, I mean they are a fanzine not The Times !!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: demodainty[/cite]The editor certainly needs shooting. The fanzine is full of grammatical errors. Paolo Di Canio is one of our better players in recent times. What about Jesper Blomqvist, Chris Bart-Williams, Djimi Traore etc for worst player.

Marcus Bent, Amdy Faye, Omar Pouso, Tahar El Khalej, Robbie Mustoe or any of the 327 loan players we had under Pardew. In a list of our best players Di Canio would be up there so to have him down as the worst is so very wrong.
  • Options
    perhaps at Elland Road a week Saturday we need a few 'Paulo Di Canio's' to put the record straight.
  • Options
    Llera is meant to take a mean free kick. Stays behind after training with the dummies practising. Not sure which players Parky was referring to as dummies but more proof of his poor man management skills : - )

BTW Llera was injured against Wycombe not Hartlepool. He re-opened the cut there.

Winning the championship didn't take us to the premier league for the first time. Winning the play-offs did.

Anyway Rupert, you had a go so well done for that and if you think Di Canio was the worst Charlton player then that is your opinion. Bizarre but your opinion.
  • Options
    Hahaha i knew most of you would hate it constructive cirtasism never hurt anyone though keep it coming :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Llera is meant to take a mean free kick. Stays behind after training with the dummies practising. Not sure which players Parky was referring to as dummies but more proof of his poor man management skills : - )

as far as I can recall though he has only taken one in an actaul game, at Leyton Orient, so he hardly qualifies as a set-piece taker/expert. Plus, that article was written before the start of the season !!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2009
    Dear oh dear !

Traore is better than Di Canio.

Llera is better than Dailly.

Deon Burton doesn't give 100%.

We'll do well to make the play offs but will lose and yet if we can continue we'll get automatic promotion.

You are the weakest link. Goodbye :-)
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Llera is meant to take a mean free kick. Stays behind after training with the dummies practising. Not sure which players Parky was referring to as dummies but more proof of his poor man management skills : - )

as far as I can recall though he has only taken one in an actaul game, at Leyton Orient, so he hardly qualifies as a set-piece taker/expert. Plus, that article was written before the start of the season !!

Agree free kick expert is a bit OTT but the article was written after the season started otherwise RU1986 wouldn't have known about the injury at Hartlepools.

That's the danger of stating an opinion in writing. By the time it get published a month or more later things have changed eg Youga and Burton are now seen as better players than when they got terrible scores v Wycombe
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]perhaps at Elland Road a week Saturday we need a few 'Paulo Di Canio's' to put the record straight.[/quote]

The comments about Paulo were my own opinions he did not give a toss about Charlton he luved westham why i dont know? I disliked him because he never showed any effort when ever i saw him play for us.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Llera is meant to take a mean free kick. Stays behind after training with the dummies practising. Not sure which players Parky was referring to as dummies but more proof of his poor man management skills : - )[/quote]

as far as I can recall though he has only taken one in an actaul game, at Leyton Orient, so he hardly qualifies as a set-piece taker/expert. Plus, that article was written before the start of the season !![/quote]

Agree free kick expert is a bit OTT but the article was written after the season started otherwise RU1986 wouldn't have been known about the injury at Hartlepools.[/quote]

Exactally
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]

The comments about Paulo were my own opinions he did not give a toss about Charlton he luved westham why i dont know? I disliked him because he never showed any effort when ever i saw him play for us.

I take it you never actually saw him play then? Never gave less than 100% for the cause. Sounds like your a bit bitter about him leaving at the end of the season. He was mainly responsible for raising the bar for some of our players that season our Best ever in premier league history.
  • Options
    I think AFKA should sign up RU1986 to write for Charlton Life.

AFKA's considered pieces get about three comments. RU's get an instant and strong reaction. He could be CL's Julie Burchill or Kelvin McKenzie.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]perhaps at Elland Road a week Saturday we need a few 'Paulo Di Canio's' to put the record straight.
    When he was sub he gave more effort then some of the players on the pitch.

And he joined us on the back of falling in love with the Charlton story of getting back to The Valley etc.

Unbelievable!
  • Options
    RU, what do you think about Princess Di?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]perhaps at Elland Road a week Saturday we need a few 'Paulo Di Canio's' to put the record straight.

the reaction of PDC when Lisbie scored an extra time winner in some tin pot cup against some tin pot lower league outfit showed that he did give a toss about Charlton. His effort was also there for all to see. I'm all for people's opinions, and I respect yours totally, but in this case you're wrong.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]RU, what do you think about Princess Di?

she was out for whatever she could get and in the end got more than she bargained for