Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Leeds UTD v Liverpool FC

2»

Comments

• Options
    I don't think I'd be strolling into the office on the Monday smiling if we lost 1-0. We need points and I'd rather see our team go for it if we were 1-0 down rather than say "not bad chaps lets all agree to settle for this then"! Remember it's points that win prizes. I think a big loss could be demoralising but it depends on the nature of it. If we were creating chances and putting them on the back foot I don't think they'd be that demoralised if they let in a couple from breakaways.
  • Options
    NLA i can kind of understand what you are saying but Leeds are beatable. A ten man Exeter side nearly took a point of them this season at Elland Road.

Im not saying that we will beat every team but we at least have to go into the game thinking we can.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: valleygary[/cite]NLA i can kind of understand what you are saying but Leeds are beatable. A ten man Exeter side nearly took a point of them this season at Elland Road.

Im not saying that we will beat every team but we at least have to go into the game thinking we can.

What Gary said
  • Options
    it aint me playing i dont doubt for 1 minute that Parky will have them believing we can win,

i am saying that i wouldnt be too sad with a 1 goal loss,

I agree they are beatable and that if any team can beat them it ios proberly us but only if we go full pelt for 90 mins and i have not seen or heard that we have done that once this season.

it makes no difference what or how we as fans go into every game believing
  • Options
    I think it's something 13 home league wins in a row for them. Whilst we should never set our stall out to be going there for just a point, i'd be happy if we did get a point, especially if we win our 2 league games before then
  • Options
    I personally think a notch in the loss column is gonna hurt whether it be 1-0 or 4-0. Someone mentioned goal difference but I cant see goal difference being a factor at this stage, we'll have another 35 games to rectify this.

I just hope we go up there and really give it a good go. If i get all the way up there and we sit back and lose 1-0, i wont be a happy chappy.
  • Options
    Will Beckford be at Leeds after the January window closes?

I can't see it if he carries on playing this well, Leeds will get offers from one or two desperate Prem teams and Bates won't turn them down if they are good enough.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: valleygary[/cite]Im not sure i understand this correctly. You would take a 1-0 loss????

This is Leeds we are talking about, not Chelsea!...i really do believe this set of players and Parky can go to Elland Road and suprise a few people.

I agree....I can understand people accepting a loss against maybe a prem side in the cup, but a team in our league who we were above up until saturday....Jesus !!!

Yeah they are a decent outfit and strong at home....but I certainly don't think we've anything to fear up there and with our style of play suited to playing away I reckon we might surprise a few people.....we could win our next 2 and they lose a couple and then what will people say ??
  • Options
    In this division we shouldn't fear any team and shouldn't go to play defensively and take a draw.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]I think it's something like 13 home league wins in a row for them

excellant. Due a defeat then. Why not us to inflict it. I'm going for a draw at ColU and then a win at Leeds.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A draw there would be one of our results of the season.

Lloyd Sam is going to have fun against Jason Crowe!
  • Options
    Surprised at how many on here are predicting/expecting a loss against Leeds. We're still unbeaten in the league, playing well and I'm sure other teams are not looking forward to playing us but we're still sweating at a trip to Elland Rd.

Perhaps an indication of how fragile our confidence in the team is these days after the last couple of years?
  • Options
    Preety sure we will win 3-2 at Elland Road.
  • Options
    Liverpool won there so what's everyone worrying about?

We're as good as Liverpool, surely?
  • Options
    We don't rotate the team though.
  • Options
    Leeds are in the 3rd Division for the same reason we are - they were not good enough in the CCC.

They have been in the 3rd tier for three years now so they can hardly be that good, can they?

No need for anyone to be wetting themselves over an away game up there FFS.