Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Leeds UTD v Liverpool FC

I'm quite interested in this match. Liverpool are obviously not taking any chances as they've sent a full first team squad, so I'll be interested in how Leeds will play this.

Comments

• Options
    I think with how deep Liverpool's midfield sit this season there's a real chance that Leeds pressure game could get something. Especially if Benitez goes all mystic manager and drops his best player atm in Benayoun. With Benayoun and Babble most likely a 'Pool win.
  • Options
    Aparently he is going to givve a lot of the second string a run out.
    The only problem is, neither Benitez nor I know who that is (barring four or five)
    Put me down for a draw over 90 mins.
  • Options
    Yep.. this could be a cracker of a game. I rate Leeds as a very decent footballing side but in a way that could be their un-doing, if they try to play the ball on the floor they are going to get screwed, it's going to be physical!
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Aparently he is going to givve a lot of the second string a run out.
    The only problem is, neither Benitez nor I know who that is (barring four or five)
    Put me down for a draw over 90 mins.
    Just been reported on 5Live that all of the Liverpool first team have been warming up.
  • Options
    I hope that leeds get something because it'll showcase League 1 for being a good league.

And benitez is a knob.
  • Options
    It'll put in perspective the real standard of Leeds and top 3rd tier , teams.
    I'm sure Leeds and Us would give the average Championship team a good game.
  • Options
    Leeds have only made one change from saturday. Leeds's bench is pretty strong imo as well.
  • Options
    r026: RED CARD Jerome Thomas (West Brom)
    The ex-Arsenal trainee lasts only 37 minutes against his former club, receiving his marching orders from ref Lee Mason for a push on Jack Wilshere.
  • Options
    What a nob. Why would you agressively push someone in the first half?
  • Options
    1st time I've really seen beckford play...........jeez, wish we had him.

who would still prefer Burton upfront ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    personally I don't think Leeds have looked particularly special at all?
  • Options
    Leeds did well but the goal killed them, no way was their goal offside either.
    Think we're in for a tough old game at Elland Road in a couple of weeks
  • Options
    I thought Leeds looked good going forward, just got punished for not taking their chances. Still think we can go there and get something. Crowe is by far their worst player and he needs to be exploited.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WestStandCookie[/cite]Think we're in for a tough old game at Elland Road in a couple of weeks

I'd take a draw now.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: vancouveraddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WestStandCookie[/cite]Think we're in for a tough old game at Elland Road in a couple of weeks

I'd take a draw now.

I'd have happily taken a draw before hand. Leeds are the team to beat in this division, no doubt about it and they're deadly at home.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Most certainly not unbeatable at all. If we have any valid claim for promotion from this league then we must believe we can go there and get win, we are a good side too and I am sure if we were to take on a top flight team at The Valley our boys would have given them a tough fight too(it's just the shite teams we struggle with!). I actually wanted Leeds to beat Liverpool just to pull the smug scousers down a peg or two and take away their only real chance of silverware this year.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]1st time I've really seen beckford play...........jeez, wish we had him.

who would still prefer Burton upfront ?

Did anyone ever say that they would prefer Burton over Beckford?
  • Options
    I'm intrigued why somebody has not snapped Beckford up despite him scoring regularly for three seasons in that league?
  • Options
    I think Leeds looked very good last night, yes it was a weakend Liverpool team but Leeds still matched them and wow what atmosphere, I think in Midfield we are better than them and defensively i think we are the same but upfront they nick it for me,

definatly going to be tuff and i would take a draw or even a 1 nil loss right now
  • Options
    If we end up getting a draw then that's not a bad result but I think we should go there to win it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You'd take a 1-0 loss?!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I'm intrigued why somebody has not snapped Beckford up despite him scoring regularly for three seasons in that league?

i think Beckford is greedy i know it is good for strikers to be greedy but i dont see him as a team player there was more than 1 occasion last night when he wanted it to be his name all over the papers this morning and the chances were gone whereas 1 look over his shoulder 1 listen to a call and leeds could have been 2 up before pool scored.

i think that side of his game needs to go before a bigger team or higher division team i dont think there are many bigger in most leagues

very well done Leeds though got me worried
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]You'd take a 1-0 loss?!

yep i wouldnt want a hammering from them it would do more harm tahn good
  • Options
    Yeah agreed nla. Maybe a bit like Dicko in that sense - and it shows that a regular goalscorer does not necessarily guarantee promotion.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]You'd take a 1-0 loss?!

so would i, keep our goal difference nearish to theirs ... they could properly hammer us and it wouldn't surprise me
  • Options
    Im not sure i understand this correctly. You would take a 1-0 loss????

This is Leeds we are talking about, not Chelsea!...i really do believe this set of players and Parky can go to Elland Road and suprise a few people.
  • Options
    didn't see the game but Leeds obv. impressed those who did?

were they really that good?

went to the Millwall play-off semi (ducks) and they were a shambles

surprised to hear they have improved that much they do have a very highly-rated manager who is obviously the business
  • Options
    Agree with VG, why would we happy to accept a 1-0 loss ....?

It's promotion we're striving for, not mid-table mediocrity.

We're much better taking the game to the opposition, than sitting deep entrenched on our 18 yard line, inviting them on to us.
    Anyway, Parky says his strategy is to aim to win every game.

So that's nailed on, then. FACT!
  • Options
    Like i said before, they have weak points. Their right back especially (Crowe)....seen him a few times and he's shocking. Hopefully Bailey/Sam will get at him at get some decent deliveries in....
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Yep i would take a 1 nil loss

if folks honestly think that we will beat every team in this league then great

myself i would want us to win or not lose but being realistic we could get a hiding up there especially if we dont defend well (which at times this season if teams were better we would have conceded more than we have)

I dont think that we have a strong enough squad to not have a real tough time at Leeds i was very impressed with them they look very solid they have some exceptionally good players for this level and they have some weaker ones,

You seem to be missing the point that i am trying to get across i think they will beat us at Elland Road i dont think we are good enough to win the game there,

we have times in all games this season where we switch off for 20 25 mins and do not play our football we resort to hoofing it forward and by passing what we are good at,

The crowd were immense last night for Leeds and they will be when we go there make no bones about that

and if we are to lose then right now in my mind i can except that and i would not be too unhappy about it but if we are to lose then i want it to be by 1 goal and come away from there knowing that most other teams will get batterd take the Gills on Saturday

then confidence wont be that badly effected and the goal difference wont be either i am not hoping we get beat i am saying that in realistic terms i can accept that but i want it to be by 1 goal