Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

carlisle away

edited September 2009 in General Charlton
Help; has any one found any cheap rail fare to carlisle, so far all I can find is £92 return seems that Virgin are not doing any cheap fares.

Comments

• Options
    Carlisle your mad but to be fair so am i as gunna do my best to be there might be just me and you though.
  • Options
    We should have a word with Mr Dowman and see if he's still got that coach firms number from last time!
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Try National Express on the East Coast mainline via Newcastle - Scottish trains are all diverted to Carlisle.
  • Options
    We've looked all over for train tickets for this, waited weeks for advance tickets then found out there's major works going on, saying that we found a £12 return price but only £40 to get up their looks like this is a no go :(
  • Options
    Fly to Newcastle
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Fly to Newcastle[/quote]

Easiest way to do it init?
  • Options
    get the coach
  • Options
    I might drive it and make a weekender with the family. I love it up there and around Keswick
  • Options
    £44 return via Newcastle to Carlisle.

Unsure if there are any left at that price.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Mike[/cite]get the coach

You'd have to leave on the thursday to make it in time!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I can do it for £13 return on the train, and only takes just over an hour each way!

For once, following Charlton from Glasgow has a benefit.

Maybe you lot should get cheap flights up here for the weekend? (Not that I'm offering room on the floor...)
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Bring back Persil two for the price of one!
  • Options
    I remember collecting the tokens off the packets! How sad is that!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]I remember collecting the tokens off the packets! How sad is that!

Tell you what fella they were the best days!so cheap!and my white lacoste was always clean!lol
  • Options
    Coaching this one, if your gonna go to carlisle then gonna go the proper way, away coach for 10 hours!
  • Options
    Seen us promoted twice at Carlisle so wasn't intending going.

Turns out Live By The Sword has a mate who has a house in the Lake District.

Sorted! 8 of us going up on the Friday, with a leisurely drive back on the Sunday.
  • Options
    Sorted too - and persuaded our neighbours to come along for the day out.

Do we reckon we'll take more than 200?

From their website we will either get seats in a nice covered stand or "if a big crowd is expected" we may end up on the terrace behind the goal - yes please!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Do we reckon we'll take more than 200?

around 500 i'd imagine

nostalgia, a proof of 'loyalty' trip and see how results go in the build up, if we're doing well still i'd be disappointed not to see 500ish there
  • Options
    just paid £14 for a single up there, then on to Edinburgh for £7. Going to watch Dundee against the team no one is allowed to mention on here on the Sunday and flying back on easyjet to Luton for £20. Happy days
  • Options
    wont be coaching this one ever again....86 was bad enough, but a great day out.....apart from the spectacular own goal I still have fond memories of a bloke flat out on the terrace fast asleep
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    First thanks to every one for the advice. I have found the £14 fare up, getting the 8:30am frim Euston though there is one that leaves 7:30am, this is Virgin trains.
    Then getting the 18:33pm back to Kings Cross by National Express east coast line for £16.50, gets into Kings Coss 11:05pm I hope.
    Daft though that you have to book a single up from one company and a single back from another company to get a cheap trip.
  • Options
    Im going to drive up there and book some dingy hotel for the night.
  • Options
    reading a Soton forum, their fans were saying they could get a return for £18.50 with a railcard, based on these times:

London Euston 08.30 to Carlisle arrive 11.46
    Carlisle 17.52 to London Euston arrive 21.47

Also others saying by buying two singles it could be done for £28.
  • Options
    early drive up saturday morning eta carlisle 10.30 flea pit or travelodge then spoons walkabout or whatever at 11 FTP what time the train in may be couple head of you but i guess you will be having a few on the train...!!!!
  • Options
    Got a place to stay in Windemere, with two pubs under three minutes away :-)). So we're off for a leisurely drive up friday and back on the sunday
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]Seen us promoted twice at Carlisle so wasn't intending going.

Turns out Live By The Sword has a mate who has a house in the Lake District.

Sorted! 8 of us going up on the Friday, with a leisurely drive back on the Sunday.
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]Got a place to stay in Windemere, with two pubs under three minutes away :-)). So we're off for a leisurely drive up friday and back on the sunday

Dementia set in or did you just want to mention that fact twice!!
  • Options
    couple months back my lad took be out on a crawl in carlisle......once the gates come down either end of the main road is shut off and becomes pedestrain only you just go pub to pub along the main stretch of bars and clubs.......ended up in place called Concrete .........huge kebabage. after.........then crash.........going be messy
  • Options
    Dementia B.
  • Options
    £38.05 with National Express. Not bad.

Its one that you just have to go to.
  • Options
    Lancaster good stop off, 65 miles to Carlisle.