Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Royal Oak Pub under new managment

edited September 2009 in General Charlton
Good evening to you all. I would like to take this time for myself and my parner steve to welcome you all to visit us at the all new Royal Oak Public House. We are aware and understand the problems this pub has had in the past and have been working very closley with our customers to bring the place back to life and make it the place to be that it once was. We would like to invite any-one that has been to us since we re-opened to please leave feedback good or bad so we an continue to improve. We have now had 4 home games since we have been here and with each one we are getting better and better feedback. We are now serving real cask Ale's and a wide selection of wines and spirts that our customers have asked for us to stock along with BBQ's on every home game that it does not rain to much. We will be posting our upcoming events and parties some of the first being the Jack Daniels birthday party in oct, Halloween Fancy Dress and Karaoke party with spooky party games and the World wide Gunness Birthday party that takes place on 24th september (more info to come).

Looking forward to your feedback all of which we will try to answer. Hope to see you all tomorrow for our next home game, Danielle.

Comments

• Options
    Good luck to you Danielle, it's very brave of you and Steve to take on a new venture of this kind during such hard times.I'm sure that with a little bit of time and effort you'll have the place buzzing again and that it will once again be known as a 'real Charlton' (Addicks) pub.
    All the best and once again, the very best of luck.
  • Options
    welcome Danielle, thanks for taking the time to put yourself out. Wish you all the best, and hope can return to being THE Charlton pub.
  • Options
    Me and my pal will be in for a couple!
  • Options
    Good luck to you both!
  • Options
    Danielle, thanks for approaching your prime audience. There is an enormous goodwill towards the Oak from diehard Charlton fans. Not sure if you know, but the team actually used to change for games once upon a time on your premises. Things went severely downhill under the previous management but I am certain it can be restored with professional management and a rejuvenated Charlton side. The service has improved already since you took over and I am a matchday regular once again.
  • Options
    Thanks to you all for your lovely comments, Its very freshing to see positive things written and words of encouragement. Danielle and Steve.
  • Options
    Service was better last week - well done.

The first Fosters at around 11am were warm, warmest draught lager I 've ever had :-(

Only telling you as you asked, sorry.
  • Options
    Cheers Danielle, wish you & Steve all the very best. Good to hear you have ales, wasnt happy about having to drink lager on the first day of the season so we hadnt been back since. Will do now of course x
  • Options
    Nice one guys for breathing life back in to the Oak. Enjoyed my pre match pints there on the opening game of the season. I'm sure i'll be in for more too! Good luck!
  • Options
    Reply to Covered End. Thanks for your honest feedback. We had a cooler go down on the front bar pumps on saturday that have now been serviced and are back to pumping out ice cold larger. If you ever get this again please let us know and we will be more than happy to get you another cold pint. Hope its better for you tommorow. Kind Regards Steve and Danielle.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Royal Oak Pub[/cite]Reply to Covered End. Thanks for your honest feedback. We had a cooler go down on the front bar pumps on saturday that have now been serviced and are back to pumping out ice cold larger. If you ever get this again please let us know and we will be more than happy to get you another cold pint. Hope its better for you tommorow. Kind Regards Steve and Danielle.

Thanks there will be 8 of us tomorrow :-)
  • Options
    I'll be there tomorrow. Haven't been in the Soak for about three years now, but am getting there early enough to give it a bash this week. Glad to hear its improved from the shambles it has been recently - and best of luck to you in giving it a go. It must be an absolute bloody nightmare being a landlord/lady nowadays - lets hope you can stick it out for long enough to build up a decent clientele again!
  • Options
    Just to let you all know that on our first football day we had only been open 4 days so had no idea what people here wanted. We now have IPA Greene King and London Pride along side Jhon smiths and Old speckled Hen. We also have BBQ's on all home game matches for all you hungry fans. Hope you come again as we are so much more organised than our first match. Thanks, Steve and Danielle.
  • Options
    Speckled Hen proper beer. line me up 4 pints @ 1:35.
  • Options
    Just to let you know Old Speckled Hen is in the bottle, only one not on draft but still PROPER BEER. See you at 1:35. Steve and Danielle.
  • Options
    sounds good. Never been an Oak regular but glad to hear its getting back to what it was.

As the Oak does so does the team perhaps.
  • Options
    nice one danielle. I have been banging the oak drum on here this week an saying how it has improved. Will be in at one tomorrow an hope to see the old faces back again. Brenda.
  • Options
    Good Luck Steve and Danielle... Welcome to Charlton Life and good luck in your new Venture. Many of us were worried it would be gone forever. I am so pleased you are doing a BBQ in the summer and taking over the pub. As many said on here.. it has a lot of tradition.

It is just a shame that the Horse and Groom had gone as there was a lot of space in there.

I have always found the barstaff very friendly in that pub and you do get very little trouble in there.

Just keep the WKD blue in there for me lol

c u tw

Paul
  • Options
    This is good news to hear from afar. Hopefully you'll be open for Charlton Millsmall, the only game I can make this year.
  • Options
    Give the Royal Oak ago ladies and Gents,Danielle and Steve are doing their best!
    They are making this the best pub in Charlton!
    Well done Danielle and Steve
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What time you guys opening tommorow?
  • Options
    Good to hear, not been in the Oak since the Palaaarse night game but will now re-visit.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]Give the Royal Oak ago ladies and Gents,Danielle and Steve are doing their best!
    They are making this the best pub in Charlton!
    Well done Danielle and Steve
    You after a free burger?
  • Options
    Don't play pool with Steve.
    He gives you cues shaped like bananas, then produces his own personal one.
    Hustler.
  • Options
    Went in there today with Idle jr for the first time in ages.

Got served really fast twice, beer was spot on, and the bar staff knew what they were about - even the blonde who said it was her first go.
    The barmaid that served me both times could even keep a queue in her head, so no grumbling about fiver-waving latecomers getting in first.

The Rose's loss is the Oak's gain.
  • Options
    Big thank-you to all of you that joined us today. We saw a lot of new faces along with our good old faithful regulars which was great to see. Any feedback you can give us the good and the bad would be great so we can continue to improve. Thanks again guys we had a lovely day. Danielle and Steve.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Sorry to be negative but my daughter (who at 18 is still enjoying the novelty of legally buying drinks with her old man's money) stood for 15 minutes at least without being served. The area of the bar was covered by a tallish blonde haired girl if that helps and I am talking 1:40 pm to shortly before 2:pm when we left in disgust at not being served.

I stupidly read this thread yesterday and thought things might have improved. Fortunately you will be pleased to hear that we did not go without beer as The Bugle sells a very pleasant pint of youngs within a minute or two of entering the pub.

I will be going there in future.

It seemed that the staff in the Royal Oak only wished to serve people that they knew. That's fine my daughter and I have no wish to frequent a hostelry where we are not wanted.
  • Options
    I am very sorry that the service you recived was to this standard. All i can say is that we try to serve all our customers as quickly as we can and we hope you will give us another try on our next home game. Make yourself known and we will chuck in a free pint. Thanks for your feedback its still early days for us and we are trying to iron out all the things as we come across them . Thanks Danielle and Steve.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Royal Oak Pub[/cite]I am very sorry that the service you recived was to this standard. All i can say is that we try to serve all our customers as quickly as we can and we hope you will give us another try on our next home game. Make yourself known and we will chuck in a free pint. Thanks for your feedback its still early days for us and we are trying to iron out all the things as we come across them . Thanks Danielle and Steve.

Thanks for fronting up with a reply.

I might give it another go as I do like a drop of London Pride.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Sometimes len you just make yourself sound like a right victim. Ian and i are regulars are in there but at 2.10 i said to him... you do it as i know its going to be mad in there. Twenty mins id say it took him for that last pint. I waved at him as i went in and out of the loo. But we all know between 2 and 2.30 its the worse time to get a drink in the most popular pub.

We all had a little queue today near the end but i loved the oak yesterday. felt like the old times.