Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Womens Football Team

2»

Comments

• edited March 2020
    They are going backwards. I thought the Premier League would mean the standard improves but maybe it needs time. I didn't watch today's game but I was fed up in the Japan game of hearing players who played shit being praised by the co-commentator. Maybe that change in approach needs to be a starting point. Get the apologists for rubbish out of the game and raise the standards.
  • I am glad it wasn't just me who thought that about the commentary. I like Sue Smith, but it took a long time for them to start calling a spade a spade.  
  •  There is a growing view, that Neville is just not very good, and that the semi finals at the world cup, were table stakes for a team like England with the resources it has. Do wonder when he'll start to be put under serious pressure to go. The Olympics could be the end of him
  • Am I right in thinking our team has the most funding other than the US team ?

The defending was atrocious the 25 minutes or so I watched.
    spain could have had several other goals in that period.
  • MrOneLung said:
    Am I right in thinking our team has the most funding other than the US team ?

The defending was atrocious the 25 minutes or so I watched.
    spain could have had several other goals in that period.
    We don't have the depth of funding as they do in the college system, but at the top end, the WSNL is probably on par with NWSL