Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Yassin to Motherwell

edited September 2009 in General Charlton
Just seen on SSN that Yassin has joined them on a 6 month loan. Should free up a wee bit more cash!

Comments

• Options
    Is Motherwell in France.........
    Heard he was going back there.
  • Options
    He'll love it up here, I'm sure....
  • Options
    Good to see we've managed to get him off the wage bill. It's confirmed on Motherwell's OS (though like ours, it's not quite working properly).
  • Options
    I'd better warn the Motherwell players to lock their mothers up...
  • Options
    Odd move that one....
  • Options
    Perhaps he liked the sound of the name? ;-)
  • Options
    bit out of the loop here with Yassin, whats the story with players mothers etc and his fall outs?
  • Options
    Good luck to him...and good work by SW (I presume) to get some if not all his wages off our books.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]bit out of the loop here with Yassin, whats the story with players mothers etc and his fall outs?

Yes, spill the beans - what's the real reason behind him not playing for us
  • Options
    Good for Yassin, regardless of his behaviour problems at Charlton.

You never know, a tough winter in Scotland with a bunch of Jocks calling a spade a spade, might just give him a reality check.
    It'll either break him - or perhaps even make him .....?

He might very well come back to Charlton in January a different player .... and maybe a different character.
    It worked for Kelly Youga at Scunny.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Motherwell? Feck me, I bet he is over the moon about that!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Good for Yassin, regardless of his behaviour problems at Charlton.

You never know, a tough winter in Scotland with a bunch of Jocks calling a spade a spade, might just give him a reality check.
    It'll either break him - or perhaps even make him .....?

He might very well come back to Charlton in January a different player .... and maybe a different character.
    It worked for Kelly Youga at Scunny.

I'd be surprised if he ever came back to us - but you never know!

I dare say he'll look good up there
  • Options
    a fair bit of praise from the Scottish papers for him on his 0-0 debut vs Rangers:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    The debut of Jerome Rothen, a luxurious but fundamentally flawed winger, was eclipsed by the far more eye-catching introduction of Yassin Moutaouakil, the young Moroccan right-back picked up on loan from Charlton Athletic. Moutaouakil was a machine and possesses all the raw ingredients to thrive in these less taxing surroundings. He has everything but a convenient nickname ....... Moutaouakil created their best chance of the first half with a drilled cross that cannoned of Sutton’s chest

RATINGS: Yassin Moutaouakil - Bad Scrabble hand but a more than decent right-back. Had the audacity to nip out for a quick fag and the messages before returning to catch Jerome 
Rothen - 7

Loan signing, Yassin Moutaouakil, impressed on his debut, harnessing Rothen while also getting up the flank to whip in some crosses and offer his side some width

MAN OF THE MATCH Yassin Moutaouakil (Motherwell)
    Madjid Bougherra would have earned this award were it not for his hot-headedness and red card. But Yassin Moutaouakil was impressive throughout, combining confidence in his defensive duties with troublesome forays forward. He was a stand-out on his Motherwell debut.

Our new right back looks like a good find. Moutaouakil has plenty of speed and a willingness to move up the wing at every opportunity. He provided a few tasty crosses and it seems only a matter of time before he lays on a goal.

Solitary summer signing Jerome Rothen was handed a debut yesterday but failed to outrun or get in behind Yassin Moutaouakil.

Rothen may have got his first start, but a fellow French international and debutant was to ensure it was a difficult opening day for him. The pace and running of Yassin Moutaouakil, on-loan at Fir Park from Charlton, kept Rothen looking over his shoulder for most of the first period, and one of the former France Under-21 player’s crosses should have given the home side the opener, had Sutton and Hammell not got in each other’s way in front of goal.

Making his debut for Motherwell, Yassin Moutaouakil, on loan from Charlton, was an ever-willing force for the Rangers rearguard to reckon with and passes were strewn one way and then the other across the width of pitch as former Ibrox legend Mark Hateley's son Tom tried to take control of the central area for the home side.

MAN OF THE MATCH
    Madjid Bougherra had been in the running until his mouth got the better of him, leaving Yassin Moutaouakil as the stand-out. The Motherwell new boy took the game to the more illustrious visitors
  • Options
    Oh good god - here we go....
  • Options
    Yep, you couldn't make it up ........
  • Options
    if he is playing well it can only be good news surely
    either he is good enough and will be wanted enough to come back
    or we have a better chance of making a favourable disposal
  • Options
    We wont take him back...glad he is letting his football do the talking
  • Options
    Watched him on sky before heading to the valley last sat and he was making the rangers winger look silly. Looks like he has improved his defensive skills too.

He wont play for us again but should get a bit of money back in January if he keeps it up.
  • Options
    Always rated Yassin, shame he never got more of a chance in the past two years. Good luck to him.
  • Options
    Can someone please enlighten me as to why "he will never play for us again"?

What happened?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "aledgedly" he was "seeing" one of his team mates Mum's (not wife) and had a bad attitude and not condusive to a harmonious dressing room.
  • Options
    off the pitch stuff
  • Options
    Good for him, but we can't be surprised can we?
  • Options
    Well done to both our old defenders before getting sent off any way lol I'd welcome him back if parky could give him a chance!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]"aledgedly" he was "seeing" one of his team mates Mum's (not wife) and had a bad attitude and not condusive to a harmonious dressing room.

I made enquiries about this & as with most rumours it is untrue !
  • Options
    So what was the truth dj kettle ;o)
  • Options
    Always thought he has the potential to turn into a class player.
  • Options
    Never going to play for us under Parky (not a parky type player) but any money would be more than welcome and of course get him off wage bill!
  • Options
    Am I the only one underwhelmed by Frazer's defending so far? Got caught wrong side at least twice on Saturday and has struggled to prevent crosses going over all season. But whereas Moo2 was heavily criticised as a poor defender, Richardson is getting good reviews. Perhaps the difference between playing in a loosing side and an unbeaten one, or backline that doesn't look like conceding in every attack. Hopefully the guy can learn under the new regime, Breaker was a full back after all.
  • Options
    I thought he'd do well for them, be interesting to see if he can play consistently well though and improve defensively (not that he had enough of a run here to develop...)
    [cite]Posted By: Addickson's God[/cite]Am I the only one underwhelmed by Frazer's defending so far? Got caught wrong side at least twice on Saturday and has struggled to prevent crosses going over all season. But whereas Moo2 was heavily criticised as a poor defender, Richardson is getting good reviews. Perhaps the difference between playing in a loosing side and an unbeaten one, or backline that doesn't look like conceding in every attack. Hopefully the guy can learn under the new regime, Breaker was a full back after all.

Richardson's far from perfect, but he's more 'solid' if you know what I mean. Yassin is more likely to try and play his way out of trouble and give the ball away, clear the ball to an opponent, that kind of thing. When Richardson makes mistakes defensively they aren't as noticeable.