Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sol Campbell

Comments

• Options

Fuck's sake. I live in Altrincham and am looking to move to Knutsford next year. Reckon he'll be gone by January?

Lend me a fiver?
  • Options
    Has he been sacked yet?
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Has he gone walkies yet?

• Options
    lolwray said:

Pringle said:

I hope Sol does well.

I hope Sol sticks it up the knockers.
    I heard some rumours.
    Presumably that's after he's started at the bottom and worked his way up
    Do people in this day and age actually still find this sort of innuendo funny? 3 or 4 comments on this thread of this sort of ilk. Genuinely, what's the point?
  • Options

lolwray said:

Pringle said:

I hope Sol does well.

I hope Sol sticks it up the knockers.
    I heard some rumours.
    Presumably that's after he's started at the bottom and worked his way up
    You appear to be suggesting Sol is homosexual.
    The only man that Sol Campbell loves is the reflection from the mirror.
  • Options
    1st game
    Lost on penalties
  • Options
    1st league game
    1-0 behind
  • Options

Fuck's sake. I live in Altrincham and am looking to move to Knutsford next year. Reckon he'll be gone by January?

Lend me a fiver?
    You are over-estimating my riches. I'll be moving into a 2 bedroom flat and selling my fucking car to be able to afford it...
  • Options

Lend me a fiver?
    You are over-estimating my riches. I'll be moving into a 2 bedroom flat and selling my fucking car to be able to afford it...
    Well you should a lady Godiver laying about then then!

; )
  • Options

Lend me a fiver?
    Well you should a lady Godiver laying about then then!

; )
    What's that worth over there anyway? About a quid at the moment innit? :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Has he been sacked yet?! :)
  • Options
    Gets his first win
  • Options
    Sky had a reporter at the game.

Big game, Macclesfield v Crawley.
  • Options

Set to be unveiled as the Macclesfield manager

Fair play to him on starting at the very bottom.
    Macclesfield are off the bottom of the table. Good start so far for Sol.
  • Options
    Carter said:

If anyone thinks Sol Campbell wasn't one of the best centre halves in the world for a period of time then I despair. Him and Ferdinand were colossal together, he was a giant of a defender and whilst I think he's off his lid as a person I can't take anyone seriously questioning his credentials as a professional footballer. I wouldn't have picked 2 different central defenders than him and Ferdinand even in a time when there was a big choice of world class centre halves. He was in the same class as Cannavaro, Maldini, Stam, Vidic, Nesta, Blanc and Thuram.

I'll see how he gets on as a manager and I don't wish him any harm or ill will I just wish he'd engage his brain a bit more before putting all of his supposed restricted opportunities down to racism

And the best of the lot, Marcel Desailly.
  • Options
    Carter said:

If anyone thinks Sol Campbell wasn't one of the best centre halves in the world for a period of time then I despair. Him and Ferdinand were colossal together, he was a giant of a defender and whilst I think he's off his lid as a person I can't take anyone seriously questioning his credentials as a professional footballer. I wouldn't have picked 2 different central defenders than him and Ferdinand even in a time when there was a big choice of world class centre halves. He was in the same class as Cannavaro, Maldini, Stam, Vidic, Nesta, Blanc and Thuram.

I'll see how he gets on as a manager and I don't wish him any harm or ill will I just wish he'd engage his brain a bit more before putting all of his supposed restricted opportunities down to racism

Really the same class as
    Cannavaro and Maldini

No defender has ever or will ever be in the same class as those 2
  • Options

Carter said:

Really the same class as
    Cannavaro and Maldini

Desailly was.
  • Options
    Only 3 points from safety and won a massive game away at Notts County to leapfrog them and go to second bottom , FairPlay
  • Options

Carter said:

Really the same class as
    Cannavaro and Maldini

Bobby Moore, Beckenbauer, Baresi?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Carter said:

Really the same class as
    Cannavaro and Maldini

Bobby Moore, Beckenbauer, Baresi?
    Rufus
  • Options
    Naby Sarr
  • Options
    Phil Chapple

• Options
    Gomez might be if he can stay fit!
  • Options
    Cant really compare Campbell with Maldini!!

The latter was a Left-Back - Certainly the greatest player in that position
  • Options

Cant really compare Campbell with Maldini!!

The latter was a Left-Back - Certainly the greatest player in that position

Left back by trade but spent plenty of time at centre half too

@Riviera I had typed out Desailly as I thought he was immense for AC Milan and was genuinely interested to see him over here for Chelsea and I felt a bit short changed, as if he left his dominance in Italy. I know he was toward the end of his career when Johansson and Di Canio turned him inside out but that did kill, first hand a lot of Marcels glitz
  • Options

Carter said:

Really the same class as
    Cannavaro and Maldini

Just wait until Gomez captains England to a World Cup :smile:
  • Options
    Jorge Costa