Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So, how is the new CAFC Player?

edited August 2009 in General Charlton
Could all users of this service please report on how it's going.

Were you able to get the commentary?

What was the quality of the commentary?

Can you watch the videos?

Can you watch the highlights?

Are you happy or unhappy overall with the service?

Comments

• Options
    Commentary was quite patchy at times...

I even got the Hereford commentary on for a while...

Some of the older vids are good, the more recent ones are crap...
  • Options
    Having watced the highlights 4 times in a row im delighted... if they get the archive sorted, Ill be even happier...

The commentart was perfect for 98% of the time...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]Commentary was quite patchy at times...

I even got the Hereford commentary on for a while...

Some of the older vids are good, the more recent ones are crap...

Did you get the Hereford commentary tonight though?
  • Options
    ita alrght cut out once 2night, think thatwas justmy connection thou

but for 3.99 a month its ok, dont have to shell though various websites to find radio links which hardly ever work in the end every away game
  • Options
    Hereford commentary nice and clear, highlights also good,only moan is the interviews the sound is crap,and look like they been filmed on someone's mobile.
  • Options
    I couldn't get it going at first, but that was probably me not being able to concentrate at work. But it's good Jimmy, a vast improvement. The interviews do look sound like they are being done in a cave but for me the important things - highlights and commentary I have been impressed with.
  • Options
    I couldnt get it to work last night on my wifes new Sony Laptop.....I know the software has issues with Vista, but I followed their mods exactly and it didnt work.....works fine on my work laptop with XP....will have to remember to take it home at the weekend.
  • Options
    I have Vista and was fine last night. Good commentary from little Bradley Allen but he kept saying "err" a bit too much

Another good thing is that they do 'live text' so you can read whats happening if you can't have the volume up/have no headphones. It was all good. The team line-up said we had a player called Sleetwood playing though...
  • Options
    I can watch the highlights without any probs. Couldn't get any live commentary last night though.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Telnotinoz[/cite]I couldnt get it to work last night on my wifes new Sony Laptop.....I know the software has issues with Vista, but I followed their mods exactly and it didnt work.....works fine on my work laptop with XP....will have to remember to take it home at the weekend.

I have a Sony vaio with Vista - so far the Player works fine.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Telnotinoz[/cite]I couldnt get it to work last night on my wifes new Sony Laptop.....I know the software has issues with Vista, but I followed their mods exactly and it didnt work.....works fine on my work laptop with XP....will have to remember to take it home at the weekend.

Thats what Kay has....bloody thing...as soon as I hit commentary it briefly for one nansecond went to the page and then re-directed to a Sony.....cannot find blah de blah page......went on the helpline and it recommended some mods for Home Vista Premium and I did those.....no change. I'll drop them an email...they are usually pretty good
  • Options
    Was you using FireFox Tel?

Sadly it's a lot more stable on that piece of garbage IE.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Telnotinoz[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]

Thats what Kay has....bloody thing...as soon as I hit commentary it briefly for one nansecond went to the page and then re-directed to a Sony.....cannot find blah de blah page......went on the helpline and it recommended some mods for Home Vista Premium and I did those.....no change. I'll drop them an email...they are usually pretty good

Tel, I'm currently in Frankfurt but will be back at weekend - if I get a chance I will have another look at my laptop and see if anything out of ordinary. Let me know if you get an answer - there are definitely some conflicts in getting Sony/Vista to work for some things.

I have a problem with my sony desktop which for some reason can no longer recognise my iTunes library despite the fact that it is still there.
  • Options
    [quote]Another good thing is that they do 'live text' so you can read whats happening if you can't have the volume up/have no headphones. It was all good. The team line-up said we had a player called Sleetwood playing though...[/quote]

I also like being able to see the other games scoring updates and match facts.
  • Options
    Thanks guys....

Stu/Stonemuse....I'll give Mozilla another go.....I had it on there, but Kay being the geek that she is, took it off when I gave her the Vaio.....(which I had only recently bought but found it didnt like being part of a XP network....some stuff worked, but some things didnt) I bought a Tosh with the XP downgrade, which seems to handle just about most things I throw at it, albeit I prefer the Vaio to look at/build quality and its "red" naturally :-)
  • Options
    Working fine now - the live update of other scores is good too.

I imagine you need a good broadband connection or it will sound like Norman Collier is doing the commentary....
  • Options
    Is it worth it though?
  • Options
    i cancelled it last year due to it being crap.
    Just got it again

million times better
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Have signed up for the first time, so will find out later when I try the commentary.

Watched a few videos and the quality is ok, but could be a lot better.

There are even Welling highlights on there, but for some reason the goals weren't included, only Mambo's disallowed one.
  • Options
    The audio is not very loud and I can't seem to increase the volume.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    just clicked on live matches page , the site then clicked off and i was left with a sony cannot find domain page , anyone else getting this
  • Options
    Use the volume control on your PC
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shrew[/cite]just clicked on live matches page , the site then clicked off and i was left with a sony cannot find domain page , anyone else getting this

I am cureently in cafctv, chelsea comemntary just finished
  • Options
    im all good......

loud and clear....
  • Options
    I get every page as soon as i click on live matches it all goes off aaaaaaaarrgh
  • Options
    What a pile of sh...t I m f..king furious.. I signed up paid for the year got the confirmation that the payment was accepted.. log in went to play the video then it again asks me for my logging details... so I enter them and then get put back to the video's screen so i click on and it goes again
  • Options
    Working fine for me.
  • Options
    not me and am furious...
  • Options
    anyone knows how to contact them ? sent 2 mails but nothing. i checked on my account and its shows a year validity so don't know whats happening
  • Options
    customerservices@performgroup.com ... worked for me but took a couple of emails beforethey understood the issue